Anyone out there listening in to Noory?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Thaddeus
Pirate

Post by Thaddeus » 12-03-2007 05:08 PM

I listen during the week I try not to but ive always loved C2C started back in the nities with Art.Ive heard George make reference to some of what has been said in this thread so he is reading .Its sad when you show someone the way and they still go the wrong way.Im sure even Sylvia Browne or Major Ed Dames can see where George is going wrong why oh why can't he?

I'll still listen during the week i want to be there the day George comes out of the dark and walks in the light, even if its the exit light.

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 12-03-2007 05:31 PM

ART the rock, the other milk toast

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 12-03-2007 08:59 PM

Noory is the host of Coast-to-Coast for the same reason that Dubya is the President of the United States, viz. because each man, in his own way, mirrors our own coarseness, ignorance, vanity and callousness. You may violently disagree with me on this point and go to great lengths to refute me on it, but the truth is what it is --- and what it will be.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-03-2007 09:02 PM

Joe not the same thing....I didn't vote for either of them......and if I had the power will you know what I would do.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 12-03-2007 09:02 PM

My husband stopped listening to Coast to Coast AM about a year ago... and I really tried to remain loyal for old times' sake, but it has become too frustrating.

George is an overrated buffoon who is killing the show in a slow, agonizing manner (but that may have been the corporate plan all along).

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 12-03-2007 09:10 PM

I hear what you say, Shirleypal, and I know that it is personally true for you. But no amount of such statements could possibly discredit my position. With every passing year, in both cases, it becomes nakedly, shamelessly, violently more true.

I really don't have anything more to say on the matter. The truth is what it is --- and what it will be.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-03-2007 09:15 PM

Joe you may not have anything more to say on this matter, but you do have much more to say in other area's of the ship and I look forward to that.

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 12-04-2007 03:33 AM

Plainsman wrote: Noory was on (off) his game again last night during open lines. He tried to be cute and make fun of several callers by mumbling under his breath to the rest of the audience, and all he did was confuse the callers and make himself look like a total jerk. It was painful to listen to, as usual. I feel as though it's my duty to try and listen a little each night, just to see what dumb things George will do or say. I'm not surprised there's a mp3 with Noory malaporisms out there...it should be a 100 disc set by now.

No, that is noorys game. His disrespect towards the callers is evidence of his overall view of the show, and the subjects presented. Fact is, his antics pretty much give us insight to how he sees the C2C audience.
His backslapping inside joking with Hoaxland, the off mic remarks from his 'crew', and the inattention to what most guests are telling him, are just the tip of the iceburg. For noory, its all about celebrity, and a paycheck.
And George, just so you know, your good buddy, "PayPal Hoaxland" would gladly sell your soul to the devil for a chance at the big chair. It aint hard to understand why Bell curtailed RCHs appearances towards the end. We all owe Art a debt of gratitude for that one act. Getting Richard to shut the hell up.
I wonder who really wrote his latest book...

:rolleyes:

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 12-04-2007 01:19 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Joe not the same thing....I didn't vote for either of them......and if I had the power will you know what I would do.

I wish GN was term-limited. We're stuck with him indefinitely.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 12-05-2007 08:06 AM

Georgie is so horrid, that when I am listening to Art's 'somewhere in time' shows, and hear Georgie's promos, it pisses me off extremely. During every promo I say to myself "go xxxx yourself, no one wants you around here"..

How dare they sully Art's classics with even his VOICE!

:) Crazy? Maybe. True though? Definitely.
Anyone feel like that when you hear his lame ass promos on Art's shows?
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-05-2007 10:44 AM

Crazy? Maybe. True though? Definitely.
Anyone feel like that when you hear his lame ass promos on Art's shows?
--------

Lucky me I listen to Art's replays on CKLW AM 800 in Windsor, Ont and they cut local, don't ever hear a commercial from Coast and no 'other' promo's. I would be irritated also Ziroc.

ibme
Pirate

Post by ibme » 12-08-2007 03:09 PM

Did any of you listen last night? " During Open Lines, George offered a 'lost limb' line for callers who have missing appendages." Anyone with Streamlink should . Noory outed himself as a soulless buffoon.

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 12-08-2007 03:33 PM

Funny that George grabbed another opportunity to make fun of C2C callers and listeners. In particular, amputees.

Since George is the captain of the short bus anyway. The short bus of talk radio.

Completely clueless. And about as bright as a burned out light bulb.

I knew a bartender once that loved bartending. He just hated customers. The biggest jerk you ever met. He never could figure out why he never made any tips.

The boss loved him because he kissed ass like nobody's business.

You do the math.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-08-2007 03:44 PM

spaceprophet wrote: Funny that George grabbed another opportunity to make fun of C2C callers and listeners. In particular, amputees.

Not sure funny is the right word, what comes to mind is 'sick'.

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 12-10-2007 01:13 AM

ibme wrote: Did any of you listen last night? " During Open Lines, George offered a 'lost limb' line for callers who have missing appendages." Anyone with Streamlink should . Noory outed himself as a soulless buffoon.

Oh my God. George Norry is a complete fool. Someone please fire his lame ass. He SUCKS, and is killing C2C.

What a freaking moron. What's he going to do next? Dying of cancer line? geez.....
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”