George Noory - a man out of time?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

George Noory - a man out of time?

Post by Captain Fantastic » 11-22-2007 01:20 PM

George Noory ~ Regular host of Coast to Coast AM since Jan 2003.

Is George Noory now a man out of time? Approaching the singularity?

With growing criticism, listeners tuning out, and more and more subprime ads - will George Noory survive as host of this once great overnight radio show?

~~~~~~~~~~???~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~Ghost of Coast AM?~~~~~

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-22-2007 02:16 PM

Remember what I told you yesterday Shirley? I think big big news is coming soon about our dearest Art Bell...............I sure hope so. The time is coming and pemrad knows what the people WANT to listen to, not this babbling boob mouth piece. No offence mr snorry, but people just can't take your insincerity anymore. Your heart is just not in it my friend. The true creator and builder of this radio show is on deck and were ready for him to come back. The numbers don’t lie. I think pemrad knows this as well. Anyhow I will stop rambling; you all have a great Thanksgiving! Peace!
Be well!

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 11-22-2007 03:06 PM

Will Ghost of Coast AM - itself survive under Premrad's current production staff?

The whole problem isn't just Noory. Ghost to Coast seems to be a Ship without a Captain. That was not the case when Art Bell piloted this juggernaught. Bell provided the creativity and direction of C2C when he was onboard. It takes that kind of creativity and vision. A crew cannot replace a Captain. It flounders, rudderless it seems.

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-22-2007 03:13 PM

Captain You hit it on the head..........Art the "the vison" that made the ship sail....
Be well!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-22-2007 07:18 PM

Let us hope his days are numbered.......must be embarrassing to Noory and PremRad to have have quality Hosts like George Knapp, Rollye James and Ian Punnett and of course Art's replay or live on the weekend that makes weekdays look worse than they already are.

You are so right, without a Captain with vision at the helm it is a matter of time when the ship goes down, what we need it for Art to save the day, "SOS"

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 11-22-2007 07:51 PM

Keep those mindblasts going to Art folks. Let him know that he's desperately needed once again to revive his baby....
Anchors Aweigh!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-22-2007 07:53 PM

Still sending mindblasts to Art WestBorder.:)

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-22-2007 09:21 PM

It must be painfully obvious to gn that Art is the one that we that listeners want to hear day in and day out. He has to be embarrassed. I would love to see the numbers from when Art is on compared to when snorry is on.
Be well!

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 11-22-2007 09:29 PM

goodfello wrote: It must be painfully obvious to gn that Art is the one that we that listeners want to hear day in and day out. He has to be embarrassed. I would love to see the numbers from when Art is on compared to when snorry is on.

Do you honestly think they are going to tell us.

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 11-22-2007 09:56 PM

No I dont think they will honestly tell us.
Be well!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 11-23-2007 12:53 AM

Gobble Gobble everyone :)

What I would give to be a robitic fly on the wall at the offices of Premrad when the topic of Coast To Coast AM comes up every week........

I really hope that all of our speculation is correct. It's disconcerting to hear George blabbering on lately about his contract, and that Premrad wants to extend it to 2016. Personally, I think that's absolute nonsense, and that George is doing it defensively because he feels some pressure. I don't think you discuss your contract 5 years before it expires unless you have serious concerns about your job security, or you're unhappy with your payrate, which does not appear to be the problem here.

Now, why would a company consider extending a contract that does not end for nearly 5 more years at this time? It's absolute crap, no way that's happening right now.

So, here in NYC the ad's definitely seem to be fewer, and I am noticing lot's more Coast promos than I've ever heard before running during what traditionally would be commerical slots. How many other markets is that happening in?

Finally, regarding Art, I personally do believe he will return at some point when this situation with George is finally worked out. The reason is this, Art is a communicator. It is what he does, and appears to bring him tremendous joy. He wants to share with all of us, and I just have a hunch that it will be very difficult to stay away, and once again the scales may balance out between the crap he has to deal with in this job, and his desire to communicate over that medium he loves so much. I hope my hunch is right.

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 11-23-2007 01:38 AM

Great observations, Kaz. Think you are so right about Art missing his audience. And, that audience is not taking rides with strangers it seems.

Premrad is a corporation, and is concerned about profitability. That's their bottom line. Art had built up a highly motivated and engaged audience. Don't know what kind of audience Ghost to Coast AM is drawing in with the Noorites. Judging by the callers in the audience, during the rare times I listen in, seems they are a different breed.
:D

Arrrrrghhhhh!

zed
Pirate

Post by zed » 11-23-2007 02:21 AM

Cap'n F., I think you're on to something with the pic you posted... Indeed, GN should broadcast from space, because sound doesn't travel in a vacuum...

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-23-2007 05:29 AM

I think that PremRad is shortly going to think of pulling the show, if it has not already begun to do so, and I also think that we should not trust Art Bell to come charging to its rescue. Art is pretty much retired now; he doesn’t need to work; he’s done his bit; and he has a new family to occupy his time. My real question is this one: if Coast-to-Coast vanishes, then how long will The Fantastic Forum continue to survive?
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 11-23-2007 06:43 AM

Pftjschute C2C it's a joke...right.. As 4 the forum however...that's a crew issue 4 the Cpt's...

JQ if there is no forum were do we read your posts....??? I love falling of my chair, and have done often after gliding acoss your digital etchings crafted into the hull.... I value many of the pirates aboard... much more than the C2C distraction....

Sail on Joe.... Sail on
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”