Expect some major format changes soon...

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 01-09-2008 02:01 AM

Supernova wrote: Problem with radio today is that large corporations do not want to take risks.

That is the number one problem in this country today.. The major players all became huge by taking huge risks. Art risked his show, by changing the theme, then bam, instant ratings. :)
Well, this source/friend I have was right, I must say! I need to speak with her again and see what is happening now (if they know).
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Supernova
Pirate

Post by Supernova » 01-09-2008 09:49 AM

Shirleypal wrote: Ah Supernova I would love to see you do the show, that would be awesome.:)

Thanks Shirley that is very nice of you! Wouldn't it be great if some on this forum had an opportunity though? Just imagine how interesting it could be?

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 01-09-2008 10:10 AM

This may sound strange, but I would love to hear Joe do the show one night. That guy is a trip. I actually agree with SOME of what he says. It sure would be interesting listening. The next night should be with Glop. The rest of the week should be Hosted by the one and only Art Bell. :D
Be well!

WestBorder
Pirate

Post by WestBorder » 01-09-2008 12:56 PM

I would enjoy taking a crack at hosting the show for a night...as long as I get to take on Richard C. Hoaxland. :)
Anchors Aweigh!

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 01-09-2008 01:06 PM

Ditto, WestBorder, only I'd want a shot at "Dr. Doom". Heh heh...

Biker:)
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

goodfello
Pirate

Post by goodfello » 01-09-2008 03:52 PM

Lmao at 'hoaxland'...........:D
Be well!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 01-10-2008 12:24 AM

Biker wrote: Ditto, WestBorder, only I'd want a shot at "Dr. Doom". Heh heh...

Biker:)

Me to :) Only I'd want a crack at Brother Michael Dimond my least favorite guest of all-time, and yes, I would encourage JC to call in :) (hearing him go up against Michael Dimond it struck me that they were one and the same........ and I amazingly found myself agreeing with JC and rooting for him to hurl Brother Dimond in to the boiling pits of sewage!).

Since we're on the topic and it's rather fun, if each of us had a chance to host the show for a night, who would be your first pick to interview on your program? :)

I'll start: I would like to interview Dr. Evelyn Paglini and really get in to a discussion of how the practice of witchcraft can and has been misused, discussing specific cases. Just what kind of power are we talking about here? After all, she is a spiritual warrior, so she would have a ton of info on the topic. Yeah, I'd be going for the scares a little bit.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

stevesh
Pirate

Post by stevesh » 01-10-2008 08:17 AM

Hard to decide whether to pick a guest you like or one you don't.

I think I'd either want to interview Uri Geller, professional fraud (I'd like to ask him about the videos Randi has on youtube), or (sorry WestBorder) my favorite guest, Richard C. Yes, I know he's full of it most of the time, but I like people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they believe, however goofy that may be. It'd be a challenge to see if I could keep him on subject, too.

Dr. Jones
Pirate

Post by Dr. Jones » 01-10-2008 02:35 PM

Since Mr. Noory took the helm, I haven't been able to listen to C2C as much as I used to, so I feel a little out of place with making any direct criticism.

Still, there have been times I've listened and thought, "George, you just missed a perfect opportunity to ask the guest about ____!"

Even though there seem to be quite a few long-time listeners unhappy with the direction of the show and performance of the host, there is really nothing else with the reach of C2C out there. Part of it is sentiment on my part, as the show has been there many a sleepless night, introducing me to interesting topics and giving me perspectives I'd never considered.

DesertSage
Pirate

Post by DesertSage » 01-10-2008 06:57 PM

Still, there have been times I've listened and thought, "George, you just missed a perfect opportunity to ask the guest about ____!"

I think this same thing at least 3 times per show.

GN has poor interviewing skills as he can't seem to have a thought beyond what is written on his note in front of him. IMHO, he rarely seemed versed to any real depth of his guest's current or past work. I sometimes wonder if he has read the book(s) or studied any of the subject matter for more than 10 minutes.

While GN's ego often has me climbing the walls, his lack of 'mind-matter' often floors me. Hence, he often makes me crazy and I'm all over the place. Hehhhehhe.

Really, GN just skims, there is no depth unless the guest goes there and drags GN with him.

I've been listening to AB since the early 90's. My Mom taped his shows and would give them to me to listen to in my car. (Fab Mom! She loved AB so much.)

Punnett, Knapp (I LOVE me some Knapp) and James have brains, know their subjects and are fun. Of course, Art Bell is the BEST.

GN, not so much. I turn off GN about half the time after listening for awhile. While Art, I would NEVER turn off. Might fall asleep with the radio next to my ear so I wouldn't miss anything, but I would NEVER turn AB off.

GN, mostly boring. And, I really hate to say this, but some of the callers are too. Plus, they don't seem to let people on that might have a different viewpoint than GN's. Unless they bow at the GN altar first; then you can slightly disagree.

The show is a small breath of what it once was. GN is just not a good host and/or interviewer.

And ghosts, I'm so DONE with ghosts! Can we stop with the ghosts for a while?

I'm done now.:rolleyes:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-10-2008 07:05 PM

Welcome DesertSage and bless your MOM for turning you on to the 'Master Art Bell'.....didn't realize there was someone on Coast during the week, my radio only works when Art, Ian or Knapp are on, very strange.

DesertSage
Pirate

Post by DesertSage » 01-10-2008 07:13 PM

ROTFLMAO! Oh please, tell me I'm NOT just hearing these voices in my head during the week...for I am surely either mad or stupid. Or...both!

Good one SP. And, my Mom was GREAT!! I'm thinking she and Romona are drinking coffee and talking about the Druids somewhere beyond here.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 01-10-2008 07:25 PM

DesertSage only you know that for sure.
:D

IvyQ
Pirate

Post by IvyQ » 01-10-2008 07:47 PM

DesertSage wrote: I've been listening to AB since the early 90's. My Mom taped his shows and would give them to me to listen to in my car. (Fab Mom! She loved AB so much.)

since the late nineties here...

same here, my Mom turned me on to Art Bell... she rocked and most likely, still rockin'! :)

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 01-10-2008 08:03 PM

I see that the C2C website weekend schedule has Ian hosting both Saturday and Sunday. Maybe he is going to be the main Sunday night host now that Rollye left, or at least until they get some other regular weekend host. ;)

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”