Specific complaint

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

tpete
Pirate

Specific complaint

Post by tpete » 12-26-2007 05:14 PM

I've lurked on these boards for a while, and I've been listening to C2C (and Dreamland back in the day) since the mid-90s. I decided to register here because I want to complain about GM.

I repeat all the stuff that's been said about him on this board before. Killing the show, doesn't care, etc. I agree with all that. I'm writing today, though, because his show the other night ended with one of the worst things I've ever heard on C2C.

It was the story about the letter from a Korean War soldier to his mother about St. Michael. For those who didn't hear it, it's a story about a guy who always prayed to St. Michael who meets a soldier he's never seen before named Michael. The soldier, of course, turns out to be the archangel and saves him.

There was a lot that bothered me about the story, so let me jump to the worst part right away: (Marked with *** so you can skip to it in my rant):

*** It was obvious that GN hadn't listened to it before he put it on the air.***

He said something like, 'I got this letter from Michael.' The recording, though, is a narrator reading _about_ a letter from Michael. At the end, George comes back on and thanks him for sending in his story. Except it wasn't his story. It was a produced piece.

Not only was it produced, but it was horribly produced. Cheesey narration, goofy effects. It sounded like it was from the 70s or 60s. After some Google work, I found out that the story used to air on a midwestern radio station in the 1960s. It sounds like it.

Finally, the story itself was just creepy. It was backed with lots of swelling Christmas music. The end of the story, the reveal, is that the archangel killed 7 Korean soldiers with his sword. I thought St. Michael was going to save the young soldier, or fly him away somewhere. No. The soldier takes a round in the chest, and St. Michael turns into a one-man berserker. These Koreans don't pray to him, so he slaughters them?

Most of all, I think it shows that GN doesn't care what he puts on the air.

Upset enough to register today,
Tim

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 12-26-2007 06:55 PM

George liked the Letter From Michael so much that he repeated it on Christmas night at the end of the show. Pretty morbid.

zeppo
Pirate

Re: Specific complaint

Post by zeppo » 12-26-2007 07:53 PM

tpete wrote:
He said something like, 'I got this letter from Michael.' The recording, though, is a narrator reading _about_ a letter from Michael. At the end, George comes back on and thanks him for sending in his story. Except it wasn't his story. It was a produced piece.

Not that I blame you for thinking this was another case of Noory phoniness, having the benefit of hearing the recording, what he actually said was "You gotta hear this letter from Michael." To throw him a bone, that doesn't have to be taken as it was a letter from Michael sent to Noory. At the end, he says, "I'm glad you could share that with me," which I take to mean that he was glad you, the audience, was able to share that audio clip with him that evening, much as he might have said if he were to have played a snippet from "It's A Wonderful Life" or some other produced piece instead. But again, I don't blame your reaction, because he's so phony so often.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-26-2007 08:01 PM

Welcome tpete..........:)

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 12-26-2007 10:33 PM

Upon reading your response, I think you're right, Zeppo. I think my opinion of his phoniness colored my hearing. Okay, I'll give him a break on that one.

Still . . . creepy 'Chistmas' story, huh?

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 12-27-2007 01:53 AM

I agree with you Pete. So much so that I was tempted in making a specific mention of it too. Welcome to the forum.

I can be a softie many times with a nice story at this time of year, but this one didn't work for me on any level at all. From the voice of the reader to the message of the story. It's the furthest thing from heartwarming.

You're right, the big conclusion was that this was messed up. The message really sounds out-dated, maybe 40 years ago you can get more people who view others in another country/beliefs/ politics as so godless and almost sub-human that a story like this you think is just? But Rambo Angel who view the other side as pure evil that will not think twice to get rid of them 7 at a time. OH yeah the storyteller tells us they were no-good commies!

Of course if this story comes from another religion (and I'm sure there is) we will view it as a reason why there religion and God is "messing up their people" with stories like that.

Once again George contradicts himself constantly on the same show. Just a few segments before he played in my mind an amazing song from John Lennon Merry Xmas (War is over, if you want it) Then he ends a show that goes against everything Lennon peace song wrote as that story had nothing to do with peace or Christmas but more of a propaganda piece of good and evil that would have worked at that time.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 12-27-2007 05:35 AM

Revelation 12

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 12-27-2007 05:58 AM

"Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." Revelation 12,12...

maybe it's a long shot?...:cool:

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 12-27-2007 06:19 AM

Goodness gracious, Lastmartian . . . . :o

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 12-27-2007 06:22 AM

Scary huh...I don't think I've ever quoted scripture on the forum before....embarassing...:o

Elk
Pirate

Post by Elk » 12-29-2007 02:54 AM

You want I should pass the basket around now LM?
;)

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 12-29-2007 03:03 AM

Elk wrote: You want I should pass the basket around now LM?
;)

Why thanks Elk!...Actually I do need funding for my new project: I want to take Constantinople back from the Turks...:eek:
I assume the Greeks would want it back and I love their cuisine...:D

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”