Moderator: Super Moderators

todd1212
Pirate

recant "fire george norry"

Post by todd1212 » 07-17-2008 11:15 PM

Dear C2C Fans,

Thanks to all who responded to my first thread on the Fantastic
Fourm "fire George Norry". I must state I was wrong about
George N. He has his faults as we all do, but the man is just doing the best he can. I should not have started a thread which was based on the wish and/or hope that someone would lose
thier job. It is clear that George has the support of the "RIGHT"
people, as joequinn stated in his response to my first thraed.
I ask George Norry and my fellow pirates to please forgive me
for my agenda based thread.

Thanks in Advance,
todd1212

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-17-2008 11:27 PM

I am not a fan, nor do I listen.........

HB3

Post by HB3 » 07-17-2008 11:49 PM

What does this mean?

Thaddeus
Pirate

Post by Thaddeus » 07-18-2008 12:01 AM

Did George send JC or Dr. Morgus to your house to threaten you?

Pseudonaut
Pirate

Post by Pseudonaut » 07-18-2008 12:27 AM

Yeah, what gives?

Fire the bum.

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 07-18-2008 12:41 AM

He should have been fired/replaced a long time ago. The idiot destroyed C2C.

Why recant?

I will not lower myself to the dumbed down level of the show. The few times I was forced to listen (while traveling with a friend), it took all I had to keep myself from banging my head on the car window.
Last edited by Shimmering Auro on 07-18-2008 12:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 07-18-2008 04:37 AM

Sorry Todd, you can't take it back now. He's been fired. Too late man.. :)

(I wish) ... heh... Image
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Hunter
Pirate

Re: recant "fire george norry"

Post by Hunter » 07-18-2008 04:44 AM

todd1212 wrote: Dear C2C Fans,

Thanks to all who responded to my first thread on the Fantastic
Fourm "fire George Norry". I must state I was wrong about
George N. He has his faults as we all do, but the man is just doing the best he can. I should not have started a thread which was based on the wish and/or hope that someone would lose
thier job. It is clear that George has the support of the "RIGHT"
people, as joequinn stated in his response to my first thraed.
I ask George Norry and my fellow pirates to please forgive me
for my agenda based thread.

Thanks in Advance,
todd1212

Oh dear , oh the guilt.....
You know there are pro Noory boards out there
but you will have to cite 50 HAIL MORGUS'S
and you will have to dye your hair pitch black
and grow a mustache !

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-18-2008 06:11 AM

I fired Noory awhile ago, when I stopped listening.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 07-18-2008 08:27 AM

Last night I had some insomnia, so I ended up switching on COAST-TO-COAST, where Noory was interviewing a very articulate and knowledgeable guest on alcohol-based fuels. This was obviously a subject in which Noory has a great deal of interest, so his interviewing style --- minus the occasional ego-trip moment, now and then --- was quite professional.

Noory's interviewing style is never professional when it comes to parapsychological and ufological topics. Why is this so? It must be because, deep down inside, Noory does not believe parapsychological and ufological topics to be as significant, as important as energy-based ones.

I loathe Noory as the moderator of COAST-TO-COAST, but --- as I have said on several occasions --- I would listen to him as the moderator of a more mainstream show. Noory has both the interviewing talent and experience, but it does not belong on COAST-TO-COAST.

But what of it? He isn't going anywhere. We are...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 07-18-2008 12:28 PM

Oh no... Joe drank the Koolaid! :D

Yeah, most can tell when the interviewer is 'into' whatever their guest is talking about, but Georgie doesn't deep down believe it, or even cares about it.

Art was a master of the sell. He could sell you HGH, while talking about UFOs, and MAKE IT SOUND GREAT! :D

Art just 'has it'... across the board.
It's all in the delivery, and Georgie is 3 day while Art is overnight!
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 07-18-2008 12:42 PM

I agree with Todd1212 and Joe Quinn. George -- though certainly no Rush Limbaugh or anything -- is just in the wrong genre. Before things got completely ridiculous and I still listened, I quite enjoyed his round tables on current topics. I'd probably listen now if there were a "current topic" worth listening to. Apparently, while not interesting to me per se, last night's show was quite good (see associated thread).

Honestly, I don't think you guys give George a fair break. He's not a bad broadcaster. Not at all. He just happens to suck at this.

And no, I don't drink kool-aid. Unless it's spiked with vodka. :D
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

starbrite
Pirate

Post by starbrite » 07-18-2008 01:07 PM

Nor, do I want to see George fired. His show last nite was an adventure into the nite. I actually learned a lot from it

But as for the repentence. Say three hail Georges and bow before Producer Tom and all will be forgiven. Oh and be sure to listen to Open Lines tonite!

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 07-18-2008 01:19 PM

SETIsLady wrote: I fired Noory awhile ago, when I stopped listening.

Exactly!

I'd like to add that I've also fired, as in - stopped listening to - Punnet.

Other than listening to the classic shows (Thank you SP!), I've fired the entirety of C2C.

Time for a new show. Time for a new ride.

;)
Last edited by Shimmering Auro on 07-18-2008 01:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 07-18-2008 01:32 PM

joequinn wrote: Last night I had some insomnia, so I ended up switching on COAST-TO-COAST, where Noory was interviewing a very articulate and knowledgeable guest on alcohol-based fuels. This was obviously a subject in which Noory has a great deal of interest, so his interviewing style --- minus the occasional ego-trip moment, now and then --- was quite professional.

Noory's interviewing style is never professional when it comes to parapsychological and ufological topics. Why is this so? It must be because, deep down inside, Noory does not believe parapsychological and ufological topics to be as significant, as important as energy-based ones.

I loathe Noory as the moderator of COAST-TO-COAST, but --- as I have said on several occasions --- I would listen to him as the moderator of a more mainstream show. Noory has both the interviewing talent and experience, but it does not belong on COAST-TO-COAST.

But what of it? He isn't going anywhere. We are...
I agree. I think neither George nor Ian are really knowledable nor excited by paranormal subjects. George likes "space" topics but not ufological and Ian is only marginally interesting to listen to (his sophomoric sense of humor is a turn off) when the topic is mainstream spiritually based. He is hopeless with other topics. But the few times I have heard Noory get "into" a current event based topic he is knowledable and interested.
I think after Art gets his award in November Prem Rad should retire the "genre" which C2C covers and turn it into a mainstream show that covers environmental problems, science, some politics etc. I think George and the show would florish. It would actually get better ratings in my opinion.
I know I am in the minority here, but I seriously do not think Art will be returning to the airwaves and if he should occasionally broadcast somewhere it too will be more "current events" based as his original LV show was. It would not surprise me for Art's next two appearances on Coast to be Ghost to Ghost and the NYE prediction show and for him to bid his farewell to both C2C and to annouce the format change to C2C.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”