How Far C2C Has Fallen

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

viracocha
Pirate

How Far C2C Has Fallen

Post by viracocha » 10-19-2008 12:08 AM

Last night I tried listening to George Noory's asinine, imbecilic and embarrassingly stupid show in which he asked callers to sing or hum their favorite TV or movie themes.

Right now I'm listening to the rebroadcast of Art's 2/10/00 show, a fascinating and thought provoking discussion on whether or not religion is a biological impulse.

How Far C2C Has Fallen.
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

rumike
Pirate

Re: How Far C2C Has Fallen

Post by rumike » 10-19-2008 12:18 AM

Originally posted by viracocha
[B he asked callers to sing or hum their favorite TV or movie themes.

How Far C2C Has Fallen.

My god, now I have this image in my head of George singing "Charles in Charge".
Anchors Aweigh!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 10-19-2008 03:29 PM

Sorry to say that I turn the radio on and promptly turn it off. It no longer brings me joy to listen to C2C. :(
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: How Far C2C Has Fallen

Post by Live365 » 10-19-2008 04:03 PM

viracocha wrote: ...in which he asked callers to sing or hum their favorite TV or movie themes.

I saw this in the re-cap on the website and presumed it was some kind of mistake.

wow.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 10-19-2008 04:29 PM

Don’t give up hope. I believe Art is working on something.
All hear few listen

Patty
Pirate

Re: Re: How Far C2C Has Fallen

Post by Patty » 10-19-2008 06:29 PM

Live365 wrote: I saw this in the re-cap on the website and presumed it was some kind of mistake.

wow.
Nah....sadly, our Coast is now the mistake. It was grotesque! :mad: " How low can you go" should be that peabrain's motto. Someone needs to slap him upside his empty head. :(

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 10-19-2008 06:43 PM

Patty, I've had a couple of stiff drinks, and I'm actually going to go back and listen to this show.

My only fear is that my brain will explode inside my head and I'll end up in a coma. If so, please call someone. :D Otherwise, I'll let you know.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 10-19-2008 09:09 PM

I'm not even that surprised anymore, I didn't even know it was "name that tune" night on open lines. Part of me kinda feels bad for him because he seems to be trying different things and see what connects, but I really can't remember the last great Noory idea. I'm not trying to be mean, I would really say "Hey that's a good idea on Noory part" and I think I did before, but just nothing recently has really clicked.

Plainsman
Pirate

Post by Plainsman » 10-19-2008 10:53 PM

OMG wrote: I'm not trying to be mean, I would really say "Hey that's a good idea on Noory part" and I think I did before, but just nothing recently has really clicked.
Noory has always been bad, but he "jumped the shark" with the Ouija Board show. That had the potential to be a good idea, if he had had the courage to go through with it. When he chickened out on live radio, that ruined that good idea. George had the opportunity to do something important by either proving Ouija Boards a hoax, or by opening a portal and letting evil demons loose on the world. That would have been really good radio!

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-19-2008 11:14 PM

badspell wrote: Don’t give up hope. I believe Art is working on something.
from your lips to Art's ears :)

Patric
Pirate

Post by Patric » 10-20-2008 11:32 AM

That is so funny, "jumped the shark." I never really connected that phrase to George until now. :D Does that mean he loses his balance and gets eaten?

Plainsman wrote: Noory has always been bad, but he "jumped the shark" with the Ouija Board show. That had the potential to be a good idea, if he had had the courage to go through with it. When he chickened out on live radio, that ruined that good idea. George had the opportunity to do something important by either proving Ouija Boards a hoax, or by opening a portal and letting evil demons loose on the world. That would have been really good radio!

Ziroc
Pirate

Post by Ziroc » 10-21-2008 06:17 AM

Coast to Coast no longer exists as we know it.. It dies when Art Bell retired, and Georgie (i.e. the moronic radio plague) took over.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Georgie had a show on "How long can you fart or burp".... The idiot doesn't even know what a waste of space and airtime he is...
George Noory is *THE* worst radio 'host' I have ever heard, and I've listened to MANY....

I guess PR is either broke, and/or can't afford/find anyone with talent, because Georgie is a complete and total JOKE--and not just here do we believe this--TONS of other forums, blogs and chat rooms feel exactly the same way.

They just need to cancel Coast now.. Its become a bad joke.
Last edited by Ziroc on 10-21-2008 06:20 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Ziroc™
"I thought there was no Chill town!" - Howie Gordon - BB6/BB7 AS

Hedk45e
Pirate

Post by Hedk45e » 10-21-2008 12:15 PM

When i first started listening to C2C, it was mysterious, spooky, and opened my eyes to a bunch of phenomena and theories that i havent heard before. It was like someone understood my enjoyment to read/listen/learn about all things paranormal.

When george started, yeah, it was sad to see art go, but after a little while, i no longer desired to listen.

I mean, they used to be enticing. I'd go to the website, read who's gonna be on, i flip, read up as much as i can and anticipate the show. Nowadays, im not up late enough (i think i'ts 1am my time, why didnt they ever change the time?) to bother, nor do i see anything that i havent read already. How many times do you need to have LMH on? (no offense to her, but i mean she must have a life member of c2c guest rotation jacket.

Push boundaries! Invite people who havent been on the radio in a while, who need to have their opinion expressed! Stewart Swerdlow, The Bielek/Camerons! , hell, i'd even ask for that disinformationalist Stanton Friedman!- Anything that would entice me to come listen to the show again.

I've only reciently started posting on the forums, and am hesitant to do that as well, because i'm seeing the same recycled things. We either have become afraid of the admins to say things and beliefs that may be outlandish, or the people who have that spark for the unknown have left, leaving news links and metaphysical/religious posts behind.

These are sad sad days 'me pirates

viracocha
Pirate

Post by viracocha » 10-21-2008 10:14 PM

Have you ever noticed how often George Noory says, "on a regular basis"? He says it on a regular basis, and it DRIVES ME NUTS!
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 10-22-2008 06:56 PM

Live365 wrote: Patty, I've had a couple of stiff drinks, and I'm actually going to go back and listen to this show.

My only fear is that my brain will explode inside my head and I'll end up in a coma. If so, please call someone. :D Otherwise, I'll let you know.
:eek: Sorry bout that Live! I hope you made it through unscathed. ( but for a few fried brain cells! ;) ) I'm just not much help at all. Leavin you alone like that! I need to check in more often! :o I must say, however, you are the most courageous pirate I know! :D :D

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”