John Titor: not so fast?

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-16-2009 06:20 PM

joequinn wrote:
The way in which The Fantastic Forum collectively obsesses about such things as the John Titor hoax goes a hell of a long way to explain why The Fantastic Forum is in --- and will continue to be in --- the rut in which it finds itself. There are so many other stories which could be covered to better effect, but either they are not covered at all or, when somebody like Shirleypal posts them, they hit the ground like a dead fish.

Well, a day has passed since this post. And I've noticed a remarkable lack of response to this person. While this thead has garnered over 300 views.

The John Titor story is inherently fascinating. This was a simple attempt to invite exchange on the subject. Which took place. Despite the people that have cobs up their a$$. It wasn't intended to ruin anyone's day.

There should be plenty of other things to be pi$$y about. If you're paying attention.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-16-2009 06:49 PM

Because I’m not a narcissist who needs everyone to agree with me, or an “in-crowd-type” that lets only certain people sit at my table, I You-Tubed John Titor and found this.

I’m glad I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQ9LR374tQ

To Everyone else, thanks fer the thoughts.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-16-2009 09:14 PM

Live365 wrote:

The John Titor story is inherently fascinating.

I agree completely!

Thanks for the thread, Live. :)
Last edited by racehorse on 06-16-2009 09:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-16-2009 09:16 PM

Live365 wrote: I You-Tubed John Titor and found this.

I’m glad I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TQ9LR374tQ

I am glad you did, too, Live. :)
Last edited by racehorse on 06-16-2009 11:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

stevesh
Pirate

Post by stevesh » 06-17-2009 05:49 AM

Every community has at least one cranky, self-obsessed guy like joequinn. They're kind of like that kid in the old cereal commercial who 'hates everything', except they never grow out of it and come to take some sort of pride in their contrariness.

I, for one, enjoy most of joe's posts. They're always very well written and usually well-reasoned, so I give him a pass on the negativity.

Moondog
Pirate

Post by Moondog » 06-17-2009 09:11 PM

if time travel is real how come people die, and are poor. if one person can time travel, moores law would say it would excel basically the same way computers do. since a time travel machine (unless spiritual), would be run by a super uber computer. therefore, time travel is bogus, and we will all die before its ever invented, otherwise we'd all be richer then God, and nobody would ever die...
Not exploring space, is like living in a mansion, and only sitting in the washroom, cause you don't want to walk up the stair's...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-17-2009 09:14 PM

Moondog you make a good point, I believe that time travel is natural, spiritual, whatever you want to call it, you don't need a machine which probably doesn't work anyway, same principal as the SETI program, big waste of money, try telepathy or hey just look up.:D

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-17-2009 11:22 PM

I believe time travel is possible and time travelers from the future may be among us now and may have been for centuries (and probably including some well known figures). It is no surprise to me that they would not publicize this. If so and there are, as theories maintain multiple planes of reality, changes have occurred within our time-line and will continue to occur but of course we will always be completely unaware anything has changed at all.
racehorse

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 06-18-2009 01:48 AM

Shirleypal wrote: ... or hey just look up.:D
or look within. :cool:

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 06-19-2009 01:49 AM

If time travel were ever possible would you be able to go back further than the time machine existed?

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-28-2009 04:21 AM

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/time/through.html

Traveling Through Time

by Clifford Pickover

What is time? Is time travel possible? For centuries, these questions have intrigued mystics, philosophers, and scientists. Much of ancient Greek philosophy was concerned with understanding the concept of eternity, and the subject of time is central to all the world's religions and cultures. Can the flow of time be stopped? Certainly some mystics thought so. Angelus Silesius, a sixth-century philosopher and poet, thought the flow of time could be suspended by mental powers:

Time is of your own making;
its clock ticks in your head.
The moment you stop thought
time too stops dead.

The line between science and mysticism sometimes grows thin. Today physicists would agree that time is one of the strangest properties of our universe. In fact, there is a story circulating among scientists of an immigrant to America who has lost his watch. He walks up to a man on a New York street and asks, "Please, Sir, what is time?" The scientist replies, "I'm sorry, you'll have to ask a philosopher. I'm just a physicist."

Most cultures have a grammar with past and future tenses, and also demarcations like seconds and minutes, and yesterday and tomorrow. Yet we cannot say exactly what time is. Although the study of time became scientific during the time of Galileo and Newton, a comprehensive explanation was given only in this century by Einstein, who declared, in effect, time is simply what a clock reads. The clock can be the rotation of a planet, sand falling in an hourglass, a heartbeat, or vibrations of a cesium atom. A typical grandfather clock follows the simple Newtonian law that states that the velocity of a body not subject to external forces remains constant. This means that clock hands travel equal distances in equal times. While this kind of clock is useful for everyday life, modern science finds that time can be warped in various ways, like clay in the hands of a cosmic sculptor.

Science-fiction authors have had various uses for time machines, including dinosaur hunting, tourism, visits to one's ancestors, and animal collecting. Ever since the time of H.G. Wells' famous novel The Time Machine (1895), people have grown increasingly intrigued by the idea of traveling through time. (I was lucky enough to have chats with H.G. Wells' grandson, who told me that his grandfather's book has never been out of print, which is rare for a book a century old.) In the book, the protagonist uses a "black and polished brass" time machine to gain mechanical control over time as well as return to the present to bring back his story and assess the consequences of the present on the future. Wells was a graduate of the Imperial College of Science and Technology, and scientific language permeates his discussions. Many believe Wells' book to be the first story about a time machine, but seven years before 22-year-old Wells wrote the first version of The Time Machine, Edward Page Mitchell, an editor of the New York Sun, published "The Clock That Went Backward."

One of the earliest methods for fictional time travel didn't involve a machine; the main character in Washington Irving's "Rip van Winkle" (1819) simply fell asleep for decades. King Arthur's daughter Gweneth slept for 500 years under Merlin's spell. Ancient legends of time distortion are, in fact, quite common. One of the most poetic descriptions of time travel occurs in a popular medieval legend describing a monk entranced for a minute by the song of a magical bird. When the bird stops singing, the monk discovers that several hundred years have passed. Another example is the Moslem legend of Muhammad carried by a mare into heaven. After a long visit, the prophet returns to Earth just in time to catch a jar of water the horse had kicked over before starting its ascent.

Time travel is possible Today, we know that time travel need not be confined to myths, science fiction, Hollywood movies, or even speculation by theoretical physicists. Time travel is possible. For example, an object traveling at high speeds ages more slowly than a stationary object. This means that if you were to travel into outer space and return, moving close to light speed, you could travel thousands of years into the Earth's future.

Newton's most important contribution to science was his mathematical definition of how motion changes with time. He showed that the force causing apples to fall is the same force that drives planetary motions and produces tides. However, Newton was puzzled by the fact that gravity seemed to operate instantaneously at a distance. He admitted he could only describe it without understanding how it worked. Not until Einstein's general theory of relativity was gravity changed from a "force" to the movement of matter along the shortest space in a curved spacetime. The Sun bends spacetime, and spacetime tells planets how to move. For Newton, both space and time were absolute. Space was a fixed, infinite, unmoving metric against which absolute motions could be measured. Newton also believed the universe was pervaded by a single absolute time that could be symbolized by an imaginary clock off somewhere in space. Einstein changed all this with his relativity theories, and once wrote, "Newton, forgive me."

Einstein's first major contribution to the study of time occurred when he revolutionized physics with his "special theory of relativity" by showing how time changes with motion. Today, scientists do not see problems of time or motion as "absolute" with a single correct answer. Because time is relative to the speed one is traveling at, there can never be a clock at the center of the universe to which everyone can set their watches. Your entire life is the blink of an eye to an alien traveling close to the speed of light. Today, Newtonian mechanics have become a special case within Einstein's theory of relativity. Einstein's relativity will eventually become a subset of a new science more comprehensive in its description of the fabric of our universe. (The word "relativity" derives from the fact that the appearance of the world depends on our state of motion; it is "relative.")

We are a moment in astronomic time, a transient guest of the Earth. Our wet, wrinkled brains do not allow us to comprehend many mysteries of time and space. Our brains evolved to make us run from saber-toothed cats on the American savanna, to hunt deer, and to efficiently scavenge from the kills of large carnivores. Despite our mental limitations, we have come remarkably far. We have managed to pull back the cosmic curtains a crack to let in the light. Questions raised by physicists, from Newton to Kurt Gödel to Einstein to Stephen Hawking, are among the most profound we can ask.

Is time real? Does it flow in one direction only? Does it have a beginning or an end? What is eternity? None of these questions can be answered to scientists' satisfaction. Yet the mere asking of these questions stretches our minds, and the continual search for answers provides useful insights along the way.

Continue: The future of time travel

Traveling Through Time
Part 2 |

The future of time travel Various researchers have proposed ways in which backward and forward time machines can be built that do not seem to violate any know laws of physics. Remember that the laws of physics tell us what is possible, not what is practical for humans at this point in time. The physics of time travel is still in its infancy. While all physicists today admit that time travel to the future is possible, many still believe time travel to the past will never be easily attainable. Don't believe anyone who tells you that humans will never have efficient technology for backward and forward time travel. Accurately predicting future technology is nearly impossible, and history is filled with underestimates of technology:

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." (Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895)

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." (Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943)

"There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home." (Ken Olsen, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977)

"The telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." (Western Union internal memo, 1876)

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." (Marshal Ferdinand Foch, French commander of Allied forces during the closing months of World War I, 1918)

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" (David Sarnoff's associates, in response to his urgings for investment in radio in the 1920's)

"Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum against which to react. He seems to lack the basic knowledge ladled out daily in high schools." (New York Times editorial about Robert Goddard's revolutionary rocket work, 1921)

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" (Harry M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927)

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." (Charles H. Duell, commissioner, US Office of Patents, 1899)

Wouldn't it be a wild world to live in if time travel devices played important roles in the development of humanity—like the computer and the telephone? Mathematicians dating back to Georg Bernhard Riemann (1826-1866) have studied the properties of multiple connected spaces in which different regions of space and time are spliced together. Physicists, who once considered this an intellectual exercise for armchair speculation, are now seriously studying advanced branches of mathematics to create practical models of our universe.

Science-fiction stories about space travel have already inspired humans to travel to the moon. Similarly, will time-travel stories inspire us to create real time-travel mechanisms? Will we ever find a way to overcome the Einstein speed limit and make all of spacetime home?

I wonder what humanity will discover about spacetime in the next century. Around four billion years ago, living creatures were nothing more than biochemical machines capable of self-reproduction. In a mere fraction of this time, humans evolved from creatures like Australopithecus. Today humans have wandered the moon and have studied ideas ranging from general relativity to quantum cosmology. Who knows into what beings we will evolve? Who knows what intelligent machines we will create that will be our ultimate heirs? These creatures might survive virtually forever, with our ideas, hopes, and dreams carried with them.

There is a strangeness to the cosmic symphony that may encompass time travel, higher dimensions, quantum superspace, and parallel universes—worlds that resemble our own and perhaps even occupy the same space as our own in some ghostly manner. Stephen Hawking has even proposed using wormholes to connect our universe with an infinite number of parallel universes. Edward Witten is working hard on superstring theory, which has already created a sensation in the world of physics because it can explain the nature of both matter and spacetime. By realizing that the fundamental laws of physics appear simpler in higher dimensions, string theory can unite Einstein's theory of gravity with quantum theory in ten dimensions. Our heirs, whatever or whoever they may be, will explore space and time to degrees we cannot currently fathom. They will create new melodies in the music of time. There are infinite harmonies to be explored.

-------
Clifford Pickover is a research staff member at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center. He is the lead writer for Discover Magazine's brain-boggler column and the author of Black Holes: A Traveler's Guide, among many other books.
racehorse

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-28-2009 10:45 AM

Wow! Thanks, Race!

You know, I was suprised this morning to see that this thread has had over a thousand views. I can certainly appreciate the interest in John Titor, but that seems unusually high for a thread of this nature. Could there be "lurkers of another order" monitoring the activity here? Just asking! I guess I'm in that kind of mood today.......

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-28-2009 10:47 AM

Live365 wrote: Could there be "lurkers of another order" monitoring the activity here? Just asking! I guess I'm in that kind of mood today.......

Never rule anything out, Live. ;)
racehorse

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 12-31-2009 08:36 PM

http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle- ... ime-travel

Second whistleblower emerges to confirm reality of time travel

December 31, 12:33 PM

Seattle Exopolitics

A second whistle-blower, this one a physicist, has emerged to confirm the existence of U.S. government development of time travel technology and emphasize the importance of the real-world application of such technology for achieving planetary sustainability.

Dr. David Lewis Anderson, director of the Anderson Institute ( http://www.andersoninstitute.com/about- ... itute.html ) , emerged publicly in a two-hour interview ( http://www.blogtalkradio.com/show.aspx? ... into-time- ) on December 23, 2009 to give an extensive account of his time control research for the U.S. Air Force, which he later continued at his Time Travel Research Institute and other organizations.

Dr. Lewis’ public revelations regarding time travel follow disclosures made in August and November by Andrew D. Basiago ( http://www.projectpegasus.net/andrew_d_basiago )in interviews concerning his experiences in time travel experiments undertaken by DARPA’s Project Pegasus in the early 1970s.

A Sept. 15, 2009 report ( http://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/mars ... 8-09-1.pdf ) derived from the Web Bot predicted that a “planetary whistleblower” would emerge from the current period of U.S. financial collapse. Clif High, the genius behind the Web Bot, determined that the individual was “very likely” Mr. Basiago, a lawyer from Washington State who is leading a truth campaign to establish that the U.S. defense community achieved teleportation in the late 1960s.

The report also stated that Mr. Basiago’s crusade would spark a movement, as other whistle-blowers shared with the public previously secret information.

In fulfillment of the scenario predicted by the Web Bot, both Mr. Basiago and Dr. Anderson are whistleblowers who have emerged during the latter months of 2009 to affirm secret time travel advancements by the U.S. government and private industry that may articulate a way out of the current depression via investment in a 21st century infrastructure that would include teleportation and other new energy applications.

Dr. David L. Anderson

The ALTA-Web-Bot report predicts planetary whistleblowers

The Web Bot project uses software to “search the Internet for about 300,000 keywords with emotional context and record the preceding and following words to create a ‘snapshot.’ Through this, the technology is claimed to be able to examine the collective unconscious of the world as a whole. The data collected by the Web Bot is then analyzed via Asymmetric Language Trend Analysis (or ALTA) to discern future trends.

In the unusual terminology employed by ALTA, a September 15, 2009 report using data collected by the Web Bot stated:

“It is very likely that the ‘whistleblower’ who had been described in previous ALTA reports (see 1309) as emerging out of the period of the [coagulation] of the [government/officialdom of the USofA due to financial structure collapse] is a person by the name of [Andrew D. Basiago].”

In the ALTA report published in September, Clif High ( http://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/mars ... 8-09-1.pdf ), the administrator of the Web Bot, predicted that the truth campaign of American lawyer Andrew D. Basiago will raise Mr. Basiago’s public profile “to a very high level within the mainstream media and that such presence in the media will climb over the next 9/nine months to a planetary level.”

He also stated that this person would make “a planetary impact of such magnitude that a second wave of other whistle-blowers of all kinds would be drawn into… public view.”

Dr. David L. Anderson and time control research

Since the September report, those following the Web Bot project by reading the ALTA reports have speculated as to who the next whistleblower to follow Mr. Basiago might be. One candidate is Dr. Anderson.

According to the physicist, he was employed at a young age by the U.S. Air Force conducting advanced research and development at the Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base in the Mojave Desert.

During that time, he laid the foundations for what would be known as “time-warp field theory,” an approach that models and describes how to use the natural forces of inertial frame dragging to create contained and controllable fields of closed time-like curves.

At his Time Travel Research Center in Long Island, Dr. Anderson further developed time-warp field theory, as well as a third generation time warp generator.

Dr. Anderson sets out 10 types of time control technologies ( http://www.andersoninstitute.com/images ... ethods.jpg )and methods, along with a feasibility analysis of each method. Among these time control technologies are quantum tunneling, time-warp fields, and wormholes.

Readers can listen to Dr. Anderson’s two-hour interview with Sandra Sabatini by clicking here.

Andrew D. Basiago

Andrew D. Basiago’s time travel revelations

Mr. Basiago made his public revelations about U.S. governmental involvement in time travel initially in an August 31st interview by Jessica Schab posted on YouTube and then again during a November 11th interview on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. His revelations on Coast to Coast AM are summarized as follows:

“Andrew D. Basiago discussed his experiences within a secret DARPA program “Project Pegasus” and what he claimed to be the true history of U.S. time travel research and teleportation technology... from the years 1969 to 1972.

“He described being teleported from… Wood Ridge, NJ to Santa Fe, NM via a device derived from Tesla technology. A ‘chasm’ opens up in the fabric of time-space that is wrapped around the “teleportees” as they are repositioned to a new location…

“During this time frame, he said he witnessed an accident in which a boy's feet were sheared off after he was teleported.

“He also talked about how the teleportation technology could be used for time travel, and the development of ‘chronovisors’ which allowed holographic recordings to be made of historically significant events…

“Time travel technology enabled the U.S. to win the Cold War, as the government teleported military secrets into the future, to store for safekeeping, he detailed.

“The technology was also used to brief U.S. Presidents like Clinton, the Bushes, and Obama about their destinies, years before they became President, Basiago claimed.

“He also asserted that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Governor Bill Richardson both served in Project Pegasus, and he invited them to come forward with the truth.”

Readers can listen to the audio archive of the Coast to Coast AM radio program of Mr. Basiago being interviewed by host George Noory by clicking here ( http://www.projectpegasus.net/ ):

Time control research and time travel

This reporter asked Mr. Basiago whether Dr. Anderson’s time control research validates his time travel experiences with the Tesla-based technology used by Project Pegasus.

He responded by stating that he thinks that it does, in the sense that it provides corroborating evidence that advanced applications in quantum physics can have truly revolutionary effects on the quantum environment, including the propagation of “vortal tunnels” by which people can travel between distant locations in time-space.

“It is not the same technology, but it shows similar effects,” he stated. “In the 21st century, the quantum environment will be shaped to suit human ends, and human beings will be freed from the constraints of time-space that today we take for granted.”

Time travel technology and a positive human future

Both whistleblowers – Andrew D. Basiago and Dr. David L. Anderson – independently emphasize the connection between creating a positive human future and public disclosure of the time travel and time control capabilities that they say the U.S. government has developed but kept secret, thereby depriving the world of the potential life-advantaging benefits of technologies that manipulate the quantum environment.

Mr. Basiago stated that teleportation could be used to move people and goods more efficiently around the globe, without the pollution caused by planes, trains, and automobiles or the negative effects upon land use of airports, railroads, and highways.

Dr. Anderson stated that time control technology will solve the global energy crisis, with diverse applications in both new energy production and medical research. In support of Mr. Basiago’s call for disclosure by the U.S. government of its time travel technologies, Dr. Anderson stated that “these new developments need to be made public.”
--
Dr. David L. Anderson
racehorse

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 12-31-2009 09:42 PM

One of the technologies Dr. Anderson has on his site is the circulating light beam . Now where have we all seen that recently?;)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”