Coast to Coast off WABC (NY) Next Week

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

FM451
Pirate

Coast to Coast off WABC (NY) Next Week

Post by FM451 » 02-04-2010 04:32 PM

Coast to Coast is being dropped from WABC Radio in New York, starting next week. Please click on link below for details.

Doug McIntyre, based in L.A. and who has been doing the 5-6 AM hour on WABC leading into Imus in the Morning, will be doing "Red Eye Radio" on WABC starting Monday from 1-5 AM.

Coast To Coast will still be available on several other stations, but ABC had the strongest signal.

http://www.musicradio77.com/wwwboard/me ... 68978.html

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Re: Coast to Coast off WABC (NY) Next Week

Post by starrmtn001 » 02-04-2010 10:01 PM

FM451 wrote: Coast to Coast is being dropped from WABC Radio in New York, starting next week. Please click on link below for details.

Doug McIntyre, based in L.A. and who has been doing the 5-6 AM hour on WABC leading into Imus in the Morning, will be doing "Red Eye Radio" on WABC starting Monday from 1-5 AM.

Coast To Coast will still be available on several other stations, but ABC had the strongest signal.

http://www.musicradio77.com/wwwboard/me ... 68978.html

Oh why am I not surprised?;)
Another ball dropped by noory.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 02-04-2010 10:29 PM

WABC has been the standard in that market. What now? More Art Bell fill ins to raise the ratings?

Maybe the world has changed as well, and overnite radio does not have a place for the 'loonies' any more.

Sean_in_Montreal
Pirate

Post by Sean_in_Montreal » 02-04-2010 10:33 PM

Coincidently(?) a few minutes ago i treid to go to the Coast page and all i get is a blank screen.
"I believe in keeping an open mind, but not so open that my brains spill out."(unknown)

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 02-04-2010 10:48 PM

Sean_in_Montreal wrote: Coincidently(?) a few minutes ago i treid to go to the Coast page and all i get is a blank screen.

Just went there myself. It sure is.
Hummmmm . . . ?:rolleyes:

marsbase
Pirate

Post by marsbase » 02-04-2010 10:59 PM

Sorry to hear this. I have no love for Noory, but like the strong signal, when listening to a good guest. Other stations carry C2C, but signals fade, requiring tuning around too often.

Thanks, George, for getting lower ratings and now causing this powerhouse station to drop the show. Great job - NOT!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 02-04-2010 11:06 PM

The loss of WABC (my favorite station btw) might just be enough to finally shake up the program and bring about some much needed changes.

Either way, I predict the show ends up on WOR AM 710 New York. I'm sure they are scrambling to line something up in the area. The good news for those in search of a strong signal is that WOR, like WABC is a 50,000 clear-channel monster.

Who knows if it actually happens, but it's the only other station in this market that comes close to WABC.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 02-05-2010 01:28 AM

The page is up just fine in Los Angeles.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Glitch
Pirate

Post by Glitch » 02-05-2010 02:48 AM

Well thank god L.A. knows what is coming up on C2C.
Heres the deal with WABC.
Thru many hours of painstaking research, they found that an hour of Doug wasnt enough of a cushion between Noory, the mush mouthed golly gee goober of the night, and the fork tongued Imus. The contrast was simply too great for sensative Manhattenites to absorb. So, they decided to increase the cushion, and eliminate Georgie. All is well in the Big Apple.

FM451
Pirate

McIntyre's 'Red Eye Radio' Returns For Citadel, WABC, KABC

Post by FM451 » 02-05-2010 10:41 AM

More information, and the reaction of Premiere.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ef=sitemap

marsbase
Pirate

Post by marsbase » 02-06-2010 11:06 PM

Kaztronic wrote: ...

Either way, I predict the show ends up on WOR AM 710 New York. I'm sure they are scrambling to line something up in the area.....

I hope so, too, Kaz. But wonder if they'll want to drop their overnight talk show to take on C2C which is losing ratings. One can hope.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: McIntyre's 'Red Eye Radio' Returns For Citadel, WABC, KA

Post by Shirleypal » 02-07-2010 01:01 AM

FM451 wrote: More information, and the reaction of Premiere.

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archi ... ef=sitemap

Yep the three Mil listeners a week is nothing....Art had close to 20 Mil....

Black Bart
Pirate

Post by Black Bart » 02-09-2010 08:09 PM

dont listen to Noory, but this is just a sad. A sad and pathetic footnote in C2C history

Black Bart
Pirate

Post by Black Bart » 02-09-2010 08:11 PM

marsbase wrote: Sorry to hear this. I have no love for Noory, but like the strong signal, when listening to a good guest. Other stations carry C2C, but signals fade, requiring tuning around too often.

Thanks, George, for getting lower ratings and now causing this powerhouse station to drop the show. Great job - NOT!

Yes, thats the only reason people listen...strong signal plus the occasional Art Bell "fill-in"

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 02-10-2010 07:40 PM

Have mixed feelings on this being a C2C fan for a long time. This was a real strong signal (I guess figuratively and literally) to lose this station. I do think the show can still offer at times (and those times getting fewer and fewer occasions) quality guests that you will probably not hear in the day times but because of the host the shoe becomes average at best. I guess you can figure when just an average guest comes on. Now it's becoming more and more you hear brutal guests that seem like you can hear in the daytime.

I'm not even going to begin to guess if these is guy now taking over that time spot is any good. But what I have noticed is during the overnights and I find myself flipping through out of town stations (thanks Noory) I find many times local overnight hosts to be very entertaining. Now want to make clear I am talking stations local host, not other syndicated late night hosts because I find mostly the other syndicated talk show hosts overnight (or day time) talk show hosts to be just as uninspiring as Noory. But some of the stations that have overnight talent doing local show I find it pretty entertaining. You won't be getting C2C topics (unfortunately) but because of the timeslot you would get more variety and fun type of shows than you would get in the day time and host who don't seem as predictable or generic in style as the daytime which I guess it's a luxury of being overnight, you can try an be more unique and not try to pander to just a certain demo.

The thing Art said that really stuck with me when he talked about his career was early on he was doing the "right-leaning" radio and he saw a lot of others starting to do that. He made a specific decision in his career to do a different type of radio. He had no idea of it will succeed or not, and would have been probably simpler to do a generic type of show. But he took a chance and found a unique niche for him to make him and the show standout and had a far reaching appeal to every type of person. Noory is the total opposite, he seems so desperate to be accepted in the mainstream. If I wanted mainstream, why make the effort to stay overnight if it's similar to what I hear in the daytime? You can tell by his preparation he at times actually seems resentful of the timeslot or the shows history.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”