8-1-Coast Shout out to FF2

George Noory/Guests, Commentary,
Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

8-1-Coast Shout out to FF2

Post by kbot » 08-02-2014 08:04 AM

Woke up around 3:00AM (hate when that happens....) and switched on Coast to see what was going on - not much, as usual. And then Noory started giving his shout-outs to a range of fan faithful.

Fantastic Forum wasn't included btw..........

BUT........ Fantastic Forum 2 was , which I found surprising since I thought the board was fairly inactive, except for Race.....
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 10915
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Post by Riddick » 08-02-2014 05:27 PM

As it is folks can't even lurk at FF2 without joining up. Only when they do do they discover where the action is, it ain't.

At that point, the curiouser ones may wonder if there's an FF2, mebbe the original's still out there and got more going for it? Resulting in an indirect (and unintentional) rub for us. :D

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-03-2014 12:36 PM

Just amused at the fairly long list of groups out that that Noory acknowledged. Didn't recognize most - except for FF2. And from what I've seen it's a graveyard over there.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 10915
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Post by Riddick » 08-03-2014 11:17 PM

kbot wrote: Just amused at the fairly long list of groups out that that Noory acknowledged. Didn't recognize most - except for FF2. And from what I've seen it's a graveyard over there.
Well, outside of racehorse and Swerdloc submissions day to day keeping things from going totally belly up, would you believe in fact Malaria_Kidd's been busy there lately? A major flurry of postings came from his way just today - In fact, for some time now, Imaginative Worlds looks to be ahead of FF2 in the race to achieve room temperature.

Activity-wise I'd say we're relatively well off, though is it only me or does our summer lull look like one for the books?

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-04-2014 05:38 AM

Riddick wrote: Activity-wise I'd say we're relatively well off, though is it only me or does our summer lull look like one for the books?


OK, I thought it was just me......
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Diogenes
Pirate
Posts: 5784
Joined: 07-14-2011 03:01 PM

Post by Diogenes » 08-04-2014 02:51 PM

RA left because Kbot and Diogenes are selfish, really too bad.

Miss VO - he was a good one.
A man's character is his fate

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 10915
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Post by Riddick » 08-04-2014 04:50 PM

Diogenes wrote: RA left because Kbot and Diogenes are selfish, really too bad.

Miss VO - he was a good one.
Even as RA's declared herself done here and come back before, my sense is we may've very well seen the point of no return for her this go-round. OTOH, insofar VO's been known to put himself 'on the bench' on numerous occasions without any prior notice for varying lengths of time, precedence would indicate he'll be back eventually if not sooner.

In any case, with both Dale and HB3's departures earlier, I'd say any further significant attrition could put in a precarious position. But at the same time, surprise returns can and do happen... Y'all come back now, y'hear? :D

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-04-2014 06:18 PM

Diogenes wrote: RA left because Kbot and Diogenes are selfish, really too bad


Really???????

It's not my intention to make anyone feel badly.

Please if I'm that bad a person, I wish someone would tell me because I know that when reading things, a lot is lost in translation.......

Geez, now you've got me wondering........

Like, where's Kaz and others who have been mainstays here for years and are nowhere to be found anymore???

Has the ship changed so much that people don't even want to come here anymore? :plank:
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Diogenes
Pirate
Posts: 5784
Joined: 07-14-2011 03:01 PM

Post by Diogenes » 08-04-2014 06:38 PM

Riddick wrote: Even as RA's declared herself done here and come back before, my sense is we may've very well seen the point of no return for her this go-round. OTOH, insofar VO's been known to put himself 'on the bench' on numerous occasions without any prior notice for varying lengths of time, precedence would indicate he'll be back eventually if not sooner.

In any case, with both Dale and HB3's departures earlier, I'd say any further significant attrition could put in a precarious position. But at the same time, surprise returns can and do happen... Y'all come back now, y'hear? :D


Thank you for mentioning HB as I miss him as well - smart and well read also.
A man's character is his fate

User avatar
Diogenes
Pirate
Posts: 5784
Joined: 07-14-2011 03:01 PM

Post by Diogenes » 08-04-2014 06:45 PM

kbot wrote: Really???????

It's not my intention to make anyone feel badly.

Please if I'm that bad a person, I wish someone would tell me because I know that when reading things, a lot is lost in translation.......

Geez, now you've got me wondering........

Like, where's Kaz and others who have been mainstays here for years and are nowhere to be found anymore???

Has the ship changed so much that people don't even want to come here anymore? :plank:


Kbot,

This is what she posted as a reply to us regarding Illegal Aliens and our opinions.

I surmise as a man married to a woman who went to Russia to adopt two children, you are the anthesis of selfish. Now me - that is an entirely different matter as being selfish and self centered is typical of only children and it's only fair for folks to understand I am a victim of parents who would not stop indulging me - I am truly a victim.:D

I have posted before you are the anthisis of rude behavior and you are always the first to apologize if you even suspect a hint of rudeness on your part.

A differing of opinion does not make one selfish, an asshat or anything else derragtory.
A man's character is his fate

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-04-2014 07:09 PM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot,

This is what she posted as a reply to us regarding Illegal Aliens and our opinions.


Wow, either I didn't read that post, or I did and didn't grasp the meaning (very possible...)

Look, I'm struggling with the immigration debate. On he one hand, I want to see people come here legally.

At the same time I keep hearing the injunction "From those who have been given more, more will be required".

Call it Catholic guilt, but the more I read on the subject, the more I can empathize with immigrant's situation. In a perfect world, I'd like everyone to be here legally and healthy, and to "bring sometihng to the table".

Wow, I didn't realize I was that much of a creep........
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 10915
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Post by Riddick » 08-06-2014 02:37 AM

Would you believe racehorse announced earlier today he'd not be in the RR for tonight's show?

Wonder if this means George's check bounced.

He also said "Enjoy the show, if you listen." Might that suggest NOT listening might be more enjoyable?

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-06-2014 05:54 AM

Yeah, I dunno.

I still will listen - usually the replay while working. The guests are still sometimes interesting. There was a pretty good show the other night on weather manipulation - but then that wasn't Noory doing the show either.
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

User avatar
Riddick
Pirate
Posts: 10915
Joined: 11-01-2002 03:00 AM
Location: SE WI
Contact:

Post by Riddick » 08-06-2014 03:23 PM

If I'm up I manage to listen to a few minutes of Noory some nights.

Generally racehorse will kick off the show in the RR, but will cut out before the guest, saying he'll listen later.

So far's instances of skipping the nightly duty, maybe even he's approaching the point of "why bother"?

User avatar
kbot
Pirate
Posts: 6615
Joined: 03-12-2008 05:44 AM

Post by kbot » 08-06-2014 06:24 PM

I can appreciate the sentiment. I'm sure that a lot of people feel "why bother"? The topics aren't the same and neither in the intensity and passion that art used to bring. And, for the most part, its the same guests as twenty years ago.....
"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there......."

Post Reply

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”