Radio topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

cherry
Pirate

Our Prayers to the Whitley Strieber Family

Post by cherry » 08-13-2015 12:15 AM

Anne Strieber Has Died
Wednesday, August 12, 2015

After a long and courageous struggle, Anne Strieber died on August 11, 2015. She founded Unknowncountry.com as Whitleysworld in 1998. In 2001, she changed the name and expanded it to include what she described as "the credible edge of science and reality." She was its managing editor until January of 2015. Anne was also a novelist, and published three books, "the Cave" as Anne Matthews, "the Invisible Woman," and her personal favorite, "Little Town Lies," both as Anne Strieber. In nonfiction, she published "the Communion Letters," a compendium of letters from close encounter witnesses. She was also the author of "Anne's Diary" on this website. She also co-authored an account of her illness, "Miraculous Journey," with Whitley.

She supported her husband Whitley throughout his career, and edited every book he published. After reading and cataloging hundreds of thousands of letters written to him in response to his book "Communion," she was the first person to realize that the appearance of what she termed "the visitors" was associated with the simultaneous appearance of ghostly apparitions. She never ceased her research into the strange and ignored phenomenon called the "close encounter" experience, and formed the fundamental approach to it that is the basis of Whitley Strieber's work.

Anne is survived by Whitley, her husband of 45 years, and her son Andrew and his family. Services for Anne will be private. Anne contributed to many charities, and her wish was that others contribute on her behalf to the charities of their choice.

Read the original source: http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/anne ... z3ifXSV5Jc

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-13-2015 01:27 AM

My sympathy to Whitley and Family. Ann certainly fought the good fight. She had the greatest sense of humor . I'm sure this will leave a big hole in Whitleys life. Sure not easy, being the one left behind.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 08-16-2015 05:24 PM

Sad news. She has been struggling for a long time. The family has had more than their fair share of problems. I don't think I could make it very long without my wife. I wish them well.

Return to “George Noory/C2C AM Topics/Radio topics”