More on the Indigo children...

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

More on the Indigo children...

Post by Linnea » 12-27-2002 12:55 AM

(zapped this from the c2c website!)
...from the HoustonPress

Alien-ated Youth

'At first glance, they look like perfectly ordinary first-graders scribbling feverishly on the blackboard, but there is something striking about the boy's deep blue eyes that suggests a maturity well beyond his years. Jake's in advanced classes and already reading at a third-grade level. Jan is the quiet one, but has a presence that immediately draws attention...'

(teaser - link to full article above)

dansgold
Pirate

Post by dansgold » 12-27-2002 02:05 AM

Hmmm ... I know of a person who had a 1000 word vocabulary at age ONE, exhibits classic 'indigo' traits, but would tell you that all of the spiritual hoopla surrounding the phenomenon is just a way - for those who are intrigued, frightened, or otherwise 'not indigo' - of imposing an explanation upon a phenomenon quite beyond their capability of truly understanding.

It's roughly akin to savages calling a flashlight a 'magic firestick' ... not accurate in any real sense, but fitting perfectly within what is possible for a primitive mind to understand.

------------------
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.
-- dansgold
The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-27-2002 02:34 PM

How insulting to say that children who know how to behave are 'not ingigo' as in inferior! God-dang!

How idiotic to say that children who are taught to have a respectful attitude toward adults are not as sharp! What a short-sighted, limited perception.

My little boy taught himself how to read from ages two to four and has perfect pitch and also a cynical attitude and loves to draw and dance. Is he an indigo? Who gives a crap, if I produce an undisciplined kid who nobody likes? Who will help him succeed in life if he's a social moron, so self-centered that he can't see opportunities in other people's faces?

I think those so-called 'indigo' kids are in danger of failure because children who aren't given structure, boundaries and limits will be angry and act out in many ways.

The people who propound this view are excusing a lot of their own problems. All kinds of children, indigo or not, will have a certain percentage of their population seeing the world differently. Of course these kids need support and understanding, they have a disadvantage.

I feel sorry for society if we have a generation of kids being taught to follow their hearts. It takes background and training and good choices to get anywhere in life.

Not that most indigo kids wouldn't get that--one of the parents seems to be teaching her child how to behave. It's no good to treat children as equals to parents.

On the positive side, the evolution of children will sure force changes in schools and a lot of learning on the parts of adults.

But listen--there are good reasons why generations of human beings have come up with traditional values. Just because someone has an indigo aura it doesn't mean my own aura, whatever color, is the wrong one.

Ah--just got that irritated feeling I need to really start my day.

ShannonG
Pirate

Post by ShannonG » 12-27-2002 07:12 PM

I am the proud parent of two of these wonderful Indigo children. They both struggle daily with their relationships and in their lives. My sons are 13 years apart and though they struggle with their time and their lives here they are both quite aware of the fact that they each have a purpose on this planet.

No I don't beleive that they are from distant galaxies but who the heck knows in these times. Nothing can be so absolute that it cannot not be.

My youngest son is 8 and he has been telling me about the angels and how God talks to him since he was really tiny. He is very vocal about many of the things going on in the world.

My oldest son just realizes that he must do what needs to be done but has a really difficult time motivating himself to do it. Neither of them are addictive personalities and neither of them will take medication of any kind without a fight.

They both understand that they are different and that they have certain responsibilities to uphold. So what if they are Indigo children and so what if they aren't. The point is is that we really should view these kinds of things differently. We may be being offered another way to live our lives.
Myztry

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-27-2002 07:42 PM

Hello, ShannonG - and welcome to the forum. I am glad to read your post here about your children. Thank you for sharing this information. There is so much more I would like to know about these children of the 'blue ray'. I am sure their purpose is uplifting and we surely need to be uplifted. Please stop in and post again.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-27-2002 07:45 PM

dansgold - please tell us more. You are indigo - yes?

Lisa - the tone of the article was a little dumbed down, I think. Mainstream thought is trying to adjust to this pehnomena. I find it fascinating and want to learn all I can about the Indigo children. Anything you have to share is appreciated.

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-28-2002 02:28 PM

Hello! I agree that there could be a new level of evolution in children. I don't see why we should connect them to outer space. Humanity is supposed to be evolving, even according to ancient wisdom.

On the other hand, good parenting takes into account that we need to live collectively and that adults simply know more than children, and teach them social mores. Those are good things.

The age of Aquarius is here, yeah, but what a mess it is. Aquarius is not superior to the old age of Pisces. An "old soul" child is not superior to a "young soul" child. Sometimes this New Age outlook is so conceited!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-28-2002 06:41 PM

Interesting thread here... thanks for the article link, Linnea. I spent five years working in special education in the public school systems in two states, and have seen some of the characteristics these children are supposed to exhibit firsthand.

There are a couple of things I'd like to comment on. First, there is a real danger of children like this being misdiagnosed as ADHD and drugged into oblivion. ADHD is a "blanket" diagnosis and is often used to pigeonhole kids who just don't "fit the mold" that most regular classroom teachers these days want them to. They are labeled as "disruptive" because they ask too many questions, or refuse to "obey" the rules the teacher sets in the classroom, and then they are sent to the special education teacher for an evaluation.

There IS no physiological test that can be given to determine an ADHD disgnosis. It is all based on subjective observations of the child's behavior (using a very vague checklist) by: the regular classroom teacher, a special education teacher, the parents, and a school psychologist, who then refer the child to a medical doctor who sees the child for maybe 10 minutes, reads THEIR diagnosis, and then prescribes Ritalin, Adderall, or another mind-altering drug so that the child can become manageable.

Unless there is a very aware parent, teacher, or psychologist involved, a good deal of these children are being victimized by the system. This becomes pretty obvious if you take into consideration that there has been a HUGE increase in Ritalin production over the past 10 years (600%!).

Some of the children are also diagnosed as autistic with similar results. The bottom line is that a large number of these children are being drugged, which is something that deeply concerns me.

Whether it is alien intervention, incarnation of "old souls" or just the natural process of human evolution that is causing these children to be born, one way or another, they are here, and it is our job as aware adults to steward them responsibly while they are children.

I agree with the posters who pointed out that children need structure and limits. Without these things in their lives, these children can easily be treated as misfits and subjected to scenarios such as the one I outlined above.

I was particularly impressed with the tactic used by the woman who was my teacher and mentor in the field of special education, who has 35 years experience in the field and specialized in autism. She told me that she did not see her role (or mine) as that of trying to "take away their magic," but instead, that our job was to help them see that there are those who understand (such as she and I) but that most of the rest of the great, big world out there is not always going to "get it" in the same way that we do.

She would tell children "I understand. But I am not most people. Listen to me, and I will help you to know when it is OK to be who you are, and when it is not going to be OK." She had a great success rate because she talked to the kids in this way. It is important to teach such children what standards of behavior are going to be expected of them by most people and how to "fit in" without compromising their "magic," their inner integrity. Sometimes, by understanding and playing the game to our own ends, we gain more than than we do by rebelling against it and being stifled and punished by the system. The vast majority of these kids can "grok" that point easily.

OK... enough said by me for now. Image Oh... one other thing from the article... one of the mothers thought that there was something significant about her daughter drawing a lot of rainbows. I don't really think so. From what I've seen, rainbows are a pretty common element of childrens' artwork, and most esepcially, of little girls. I've seen many drawings and paintings similar to the one descibed in the article, and I don't think all of these children were indigo kids.

OK... I really AM going to hush now! <g>

Joolz
Image Anchors Aweigh!

ShannonG
Pirate

Post by ShannonG » 12-29-2002 12:15 PM

First I would like to thank you Linnea, for the warm welcome and the link to the article that I too found to be a little too mainstreamed and downplayed to really make a difference. But hey, that is the world that we have created and until we change it that is the way it will remain.

Joolz - Thank you so much for your input from your perspective as a special educations teacher! This is a needed perspective and it was not only intelligent but it was neither one sided nor was it judgemental - KUDOS to you! And a big thank you!

Unfortunately I have to agree with Joolz on this blanket diagnosis and the way that our medical and educational society has decided to treat all of our children. Akin to cattle in my opinion.

There are sooooo many children out there that have been diagnosed with ADD and/or ADHD, and are being medicated for it. There is a marked difference between a child that is ADD, ADHD, and Autistic as compared with those that have been labled Indigo children. An ADD/ADHD/Autistic child's behavior cannot be controlled by an adult, but rather it is something that must run its course and be guided by the parent/teacher/adult. An Indigo child knows, most of the time when he or she is acting out and sometimes even knows the reason(s) behind it. Often times it is because they have a great understanding of others and they are having a real difficult time adjusting to that fact. They often feel responsible for someone elses feelings and knowing that they cannot "fix" it, they will misbehave. They are children after all and a child will be a child no matter what they are.

So the question remainsm, what and how should we treat these children? Again, in my opinion, be aware that these things are at least a possibility and know that we can help them and guide them with love and understanding. Let them know that it is ok to be different and teach them the appropriate times that they can be who they are and when they must be who society thinks that they should be. Give them the creative freedom to express themselves and instill in them the responsibility of self.

According to all that is written about these children, they are here to move us into another phase on this planet and to raise the vibrations of our existence here. This of course still remains to be seen, but shouldn't we just allow them to be themselves and see what happens? Isn't it our responsibility to see that the future is something better and different than our existence?

Thanx again everyone and I am glad to be here!
Myztry

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 12-29-2002 02:46 PM

"Who society thinks they should be..."

I have come across as judgemental and I agree that this is so--I judged. As such, I represent "society," I guess.

But I find in my travels as a substitute teacher that some of the difficult-to-manage kids are quite brilliant and I like them. I don't want them to turn into zombies, not at all. But I don't want to worship their precocity at the expense of a whole classroom full of kids that is happier and more productive when following those gosh-darn "rules a teacher imposed on them."

Joolz and Shannon--I hope you have a long life here--you're positive posters.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 12-29-2002 07:42 PM

LisaA... I hear you. And I agree. I think we need a more diverse educational system. Period. Almost every school has a special education classroom for the below-average kids, but the above-average kids have little, if any, outlets for their gifts in the system. We need more programs for gifted and talented kids. But I'm not gonna hold my breath until that happens... especially with all the cutbacks in funding for education. *sigh*

Joolz
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 12-29-2002 10:57 PM

Indigo Children...special...please!

This Indigo "special children" stuff is simply the latest manifestation and extension of the baby boomers own narcissistic self obsessions and pretensions to specialness. (I was born firmly in the middle of the baby boom too so don't throw rocks at me).

Now that boomers are old they have begun to elevate their own kids (and grand kids) to some imaginary "special" status they used to think they themselves have occupied on the world stage. They are special...their kids are special...their dog is special...their cat is special...their car is special. Oh how fabulous!! Right.

Sorry, but this latest batch of kids is even more empty than we were as kids. Oh, yes, they certainly react quicker and spout rubbish faster than we could (since they are living in the Gameboy & MTV 5-second-sound bite age,) but they don't really excel at anything much beyond having the talent to commit more heinous crimes at an ever-increasing earlier age. Just ask one of these little darlings to hum a melody by Mozart, or who the Vice President is, or who fought in WWII, or ask them to point out Iraq on a map (or even America for that matter!) and you will see how very special they are NOT. Image

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 29 December 2002).]

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 12-30-2002 10:49 AM

p.s. I bet we will soon hear that the Clone Baby, Eve, is indigo.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-30-2002 11:14 AM

So, you think it's all hype, Mercury? I haven't heard much about it. Just another new age myth, huh?

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 12-30-2002 11:26 AM

Linnea, I guess I do think it is hype. If it were true, why are SAT scores going down? And we all know about the kinds of trouble kids are getting into today...doing things that were unimaginable during our younger days (Columbine, etc comes to mind). Bottom line- from observation and statitstics I conclude that this indigo stuff is one more example of our fellow Baby Boomers capacity for wishful thinking, our willfull tendency for self flattery and our endlress capacity to lose touch with -or inflate- reality when the subject is "us"....and now, "our" kids.

Slightly off topic, but astrologically speaking, I think the "indigo" idea is really more about our own gen's Nept placments and Uranus/Pluto in Canc/Leo/Virgo/Lib stuff.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 30 December 2002).]

Return to “Paranormal”