New EVP need help to determine what it says!

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

TheBigLabowski
Pirate

New EVP need help to determine what it says!

Post by TheBigLabowski » 09-11-2003 10:59 AM

We got a new EVP from our tapes and was wondering if anyone out there would like to listen to it and try to guess what it says. Just PM me and leave your email and I will try to send it via email.
---End Of Transmission---

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 09-13-2003 05:08 AM

maryals wrote: What is EVP?

EVP= Electronic Voice Phenomena

The Ghost Investigators Society (G.I.S.) and others record voices allegedly made by ghosts and refer to these voices as EVP.
Last edited by racehorse on 09-13-2003 05:12 AM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 09-13-2003 12:38 PM

workin onnit---lots of frequencies to filter out---still not able to hear anything-----

TheBigLabowski
Pirate

Post by TheBigLabowski » 09-13-2003 01:10 PM

Yeah we only have limited audio filtering equipment. The stuff we do have only eliminates static. This EVP was taken up at a cemetary up by Central City west of Denver. I havn't really had time to go into all of my tapes so if I have more, I will let you know.

TheBlackHand
Pirate

Post by TheBlackHand » 09-20-2003 11:36 AM

TBL, I can't help you with the EVP thing, but I can ask a question.

I'm always curious to know how somebody like you got involved in doing the "supernatural investigation" thing. Do you need to have a brainiac understanding of flux capacitor's and proton packs? Or, do you just need an open, yet skeptical mind and a fearless attitude towards the dark?

I've always wanted to go out on haunt hunts, but my understanding of hi-tech electronics is nil. I kinda figured I'd be in the way. Besides, I'm sure the local guys get tons of tag-along requests from looky loo's like me...even though I know I could take it seriously.

I suppose the closest I got to real ghosthunting was an attempted EVP session at a local cemetary. Didn't get any EVP's (crap recorder), but did get a pretty decent vortex photo.

TheBigLabowski
Pirate

Post by TheBigLabowski » 09-21-2003 12:33 AM

TBL, I can't help you with the EVP thing, but I can ask a question. I'm always curious to know how somebody like you got involved in doing the "supernatural investigation" thing. Do you need to have a brainiac understanding of flux capacitor's and proton packs? Or, do you just need an open, yet skeptical mind and a fearless attitude towards the dark?

Black,

I wouldn't consider myself any kind of professional ghost hunter, actually I pretty much wing it when I go out. I started about five years ago after hearing about EVP'S and how they may record the afterlife. Me and a couple buddies went out with some basic recorders and didn't pick up anything our first time, but it was fun. Alot of people that do ghost hunts that I know of around here seem to think that they need every tool ever made. I just don't see it that way! I really beleive that anyone can take simple recorder's-IR camera's, or throw away camera's and still can get good results. I wouldn't consider myself a braniac at all, just a curious seeker. If you are really interested in ghost hunting, do a search on the net. There are a ton of people out there that are amature hunters and would like others to join them.:)

Jera
Pirate

Post by Jera » 09-23-2003 08:51 PM

Hi TBL,

Thanks for the file. :) My impressions are similar to what you already have. At first I thought I could hear "is it you?" It sounded like a question with three syllables. Yet on continuous loop I could hear the "let's go" possibility more. If you have more of these you need opinions on, put me on the mailing list. :)

TheBigLabowski
Pirate

Post by TheBigLabowski » 09-24-2003 03:09 AM

Will do, thanks for your help. When I get enough time I will post up a website with all of my trips and EVP's.

OH_Niteowl
Pirate

Post by OH_Niteowl » 10-19-2003 11:57 AM

racehorse wrote: EVP= Electronic Voice Phenomena

The Ghost Investigators Society (G.I.S.) and others record voices allegedly made by ghosts and refer to these voices as EVP.

Most of G.I.S. recordings are so good. I wonder how many garbled ones they get? I'd like to try this in my home, but I'm afaid too. I know there is something here, but I don't want to make things worse. I have to live here too!

Thanks for posting the "local guys" link, BlackHand. Looks like there's someone right in my neighborhood!

Return to “Paranormal”