The trampoline flying effect

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post Reply
zeppo
Pirate
Posts: 222
Joined: 01-02-2003 03:00 AM

The trampoline flying effect

Post by zeppo » 10-07-2003 08:12 PM

Art was really intrigued by a caller last weekend that asked about a story called in quite some time ago. The story in question was told on open lines one night by a woman that said when she was a girl she used to go to a gymnasium where they allowed kids to take turns on the trampoline. At times she was overcome by a kind of euphoric feeling that she could just remain up there and fly if she tried. So one time she decided to put it to the test. According to her she ended up flying across the gym and towards the doors before everyone's screams snapped her out of her state and caused her to land. She was not hurt, but everyone was freaked by what they had seen. She was banned from the trampolines.

I saved that original call. Have it somewhere. Reason is, when I was a kid, the high school gym was open on weekends for kids to play in. Trampolines were a part of it. A friend told me a story about a girl that was banned from the trampolines because she went some ridiculous distance across the gym, which I didn't believe. My friend didn't witness it, but talked with those that had. I never bought into it. But then years later, I hear the same story.

Was it actually the same girl calling in to tell it? Or has it happened to more than one person? Or is it a common tale that crops up whereever gymnasiums with trampolines operate, like ghosts stories might with graveyards, that perhaps this girl decided to latch onto as her own? At any rate, I find the story much more intriguing now than I did as a kid.

CaptKundalini
Pirate
Posts: 6620
Joined: 09-05-2003 01:53 AM
Contact:

Re: The trampoline flying effect

Post by CaptKundalini » 10-17-2003 01:52 PM

zeppo wrote: Art was really intrigued by a caller last weekend that asked about a story called in quite some time ago. The story in question was told on open lines one night by a woman that said when she was a girl she used to go to a gymnasium where they allowed kids to take turns on the trampoline. At times she was overcome by a kind of euphoric feeling that she could just remain up there and fly if she tried. So one time she decided to put it to the test. According to her she ended up flying across the gym and towards the doors before everyone's screams snapped her out of her state and caused her to land. She was not hurt, but everyone was freaked by what they had seen. She was banned from the trampolines.

I saved that original call. Have it somewhere. Reason is, when I was a kid, the high school gym was open on weekends for kids to play in. Trampolines were a part of it. A friend told me a story about a girl that was banned from the trampolines because she went some ridiculous distance across the gym, which I didn't believe. My friend didn't witness it, but talked with those that had. I never bought into it. But then years later, I hear the same story.

Was it actually the same girl calling in to tell it? Or has it happened to more than one person? Or is it a common tale that crops up whereever gymnasiums with trampolines operate, like ghosts stories might with graveyards, that perhaps this girl decided to latch onto as her own? At any rate, I find the story much more intriguing now than I did as a kid.



That sounds too incredible to be true. However, it is acknowledged that we humans usually use only 10% of our brains. We have not even begun to tap into what we can possibly do with the other 90%. I've heard of Astral Travel and levitation. I have even experienced a limited telepathy with a woman I was involved with at one time.
Oh to slip the bonds of Earth.....

Post Reply

Return to “Paranormal”