Captain Picard and the Paranormal

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Captain Picard and the Paranormal

Post by joequinn » 08-27-2009 04:14 PM

On August 25th the LONDON DAILY TELEGRAPH reported that Patrick Stewart (currently performing with Ian McKellen in a revival of WAITING FOR GODOT at the THEATRE ROYAL HAYMARKET) has seen a ghost. A startled Stewart made the admission to McKellen while crew members from the SKY ARTS television channel were filming a documentary on the theater.

Supposedly, Stewart came offstage at the end of Act One, and McKellen, who noticed that he was somewhat off his game that evening, asked him what was wrong. “What happened? What threw you?” Stewart replied that while he was onstage he saw a man standing in the wings who wore what looked like a beige coat and twill trousers. Stage hands at the theater promptly informed Stewart that he was seeing the ghost of John Baldwin Buckstone, a friend of Charles Dickens, who was the actor-manager of the HAYMARKET THEATRE between 1853 and 1877. Nigel Everett, the director of the theatre, later admitted to reporters that “Patrick told us all about it. He was stunned. I would not say frightened, but I would say impressed.”

Buckstone’s ghost has been seen regularly at the theater, although he generally manifests himself when comedies are played. He was last seen there three or four years ago by a stage hand and was last seen by an actor ten or twelve years ago when Fiona Fulleton starred in an Oscar Wilde comedy.

Oddly enough, SKY ARTS cameramen caught nothing strange on camera. But Stewart’s reaction to the specter has convinced everyone that his sighting was a valid one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/thea ... Godot.html

As Coleridge, Ole STC, once wrote in his notebook, “I once told a Lady, the reason why I did not believe in the existence of Ghosts &c was that I had seen too many of them myself.” Reason laughs, but something else in the soul keeps the laughter low…
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-27-2009 04:51 PM

Thanks Joe, how interesting that Patrick Stewart of all people see's a ghost...he better be doing it right.:eek:

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 07-25-2011 03:16 AM

Yes it is seeing he was in the movie GHOST :)

I love that movie alot!

Return to “Paranormal”