There's A Website Designed For Supernatural Dating

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

There's A Website Designed For Supernatural Dating

Post by Riddick » 03-30-2015 12:52 PM

It's aimed at making love matches 'twixt paranormal enthusiasts. FULL STORY

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-30-2015 05:36 PM

I only date the supernatural..............no meals or laundry to do:D

Hey Riddick, This kind of remined me of a long time ago , Art Bell and Kreskin had a big falling out, I think Art banned him? Do you recall any of that?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-30-2015 08:14 PM

The Amazing Kreskin banned on Art Bell

This is a rare thing when I'm moved enough to write about an Art Bell show, although I've been a fan for years. As you may recall over the last several weeks, The Amazing Kreskin, performing magician and mentalist (and a childhood hero of mine), predicted the most amazing UFO sighting of the century would take place this past Thursday, 6-6-02, between the hours of 9:45pm and midnight in the skies over Las Vegas (where he just happens to be performing currently) and would be witnessed by hundreds--if not thousands--of people. Backing up his claim was the promise of $50,000 to charity should the UFOs NOT show up.

Hundreds of people camped out and watched the skies continually, most carrying cellphones, preparing to call in to Art Bell (and other media) when the event transpired. Art Bell himself set up a webcam aimed at Las Vegas to get his own photographic evidence.

Nothing happened.

In last Friday night/Saturday morning's appearance on The Art Bell show (Coast-to-Coast AM, 970 WFLA, Saturday morning, 6-8-02, 1:00am, Tampa time) Kreskin appeared in the opening segment of the program presumably to defend himself. What I learned about this hoax was shocking and possibly the worst career move of Kreskin's life. Apparently, during the day, he issued a press release, that Art read on the air, stating that the UFO sighting prediction WAS A TOTAL FABRICATION in order to prove people's suceptiblity to suggestion post 9/11. In other words, Kreskin claimed he was worried what a terrorist could do---with abilities as a "mentalist" similar to his own--if tempted to stage a similar stunt. So this was a cautionary demonstration of some sort. About the $50,000? Kreskin claims that at about 11:05pm, there was a sighting of a couple of "green glowing objects" spotted by some people AFTER ALL THE MAJOR CAMERA CREWS HAD PACKED AND LEFT, but that one object was photographed by a stray newsman. That footage was broadcast on the local TV station which was presumably viewed by "thousands of people". Kreskin claims that this validated his "prediction" and he owed nothing.

Art Bell was furious. He dismissed the whole stunt as "lame, lame, lame". He dismissed the "green glowing objects" story as an even lamer attempt to avoid paying the money to charity and reminded Kreskin that his own press release states that the whole event was a charade. Kreskin stammered excitedly about some point he was trying to prove about terrorism. Bell wasn't buying any of it. He accused Kreskin of "deception" over and over (I think he felt "used"). Kreskin continued to mumble excuses.

And then, Art Bell banned Kreskin--live on the air--from EVER appearing on his program again. There was a bit of a pause, and then Kreskin hung up on Art.

http://www.crazedfanboy.com/nolansnewss ... ew116.html

I missed this show but I heard all the fallout.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 03-30-2015 08:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 03-30-2015 09:00 PM

Thank you Ra, I could not remember what it was all about. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-30-2015 09:47 PM

Doka wrote: Thank you Ra, I could not remember what it was all about. :)

I remembered Kreskin getting the boot but I didn't recall what it was all about either.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-31-2015 04:35 AM

Today's Classic Coast Clip

Art Bitches Out, Bans Kreskin On The Air 6-7-2002 [11:29]

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-31-2015 10:49 PM

Gracious Riddick :)

Return to “Paranormal”