New Mexico Town Celebrates Legendary UFO

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

New Mexico Town Celebrates Legendary UFO

Post by voguy » 07-02-2016 07:20 AM

LINK TO STORY

New Mexico Town Still Celebrates Legendary UFO Crash Tale, 69 Years On
This weekend’s Roswell festival marks the anniversary, more or less, of an enduring mystery.
Lee Speigel Writer, Editor, The Huffington Post

5773f92e1500002a006c8c9f.jpeg
5773f92e1500002a006c8c9f.jpeg (118.38 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
This is the front page from the July 8, 1947 edition of the Roswell Daily Record which showed a startling headline about the capture of a crashed flying saucer. This headline caused worldwide attention to focus on the town of Roswell, New Mexico, beginning nearly 70 years of speculation as to what exactly crashed there. - Roswell Daily Record

In early July 1947 — the exact date is unknown — something fell out of the sky, hitting the ground on a ranch 70 miles from Roswell, New Mexico.

Was it an extraterrestrial craft? A weather balloon? A top-secret, high-altitude military device used to detect Soviet atomic tests?

Nearly 70 years later, those questions persist, with decades of speculation and conjecture fueling the now-legendary case of what’s commonly called the Roswell UFO crash.

Roswell marks the event each year on the first weekend in July, attracting a variety of speakers and presentations that aim to shed light on what really happened all those years ago.

Speakers at this year’s two-day Roswell Incident include this reporter, a longtime writer on the UFO beat, with a presentation called, “Close Encounters of the Military Kind.”

The 125-year-old Roswell Daily Record launched the UFO crash legend on July 8, 1947, when it published a startling headline announcing a “flying saucer” had been captured, as seen above. The next day, the paper printed a contradictory article, quoting the military as claiming the crashed object was merely a weather balloon
577456201900002400218a23.jpeg
577456201900002400218a23.jpeg (86.16 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
Commemorative plaque created by the Sci Fi Channel sits on the site of the 1947 Roswell, New Mexico, UFO crash.

“We have a lot of tie-in with this whole Roswell incident and we wanted to help make it a more serious exploration of the UFO event as kind of a springboard for that topic,” said the newspaper’s publisher, Barbara Beck, whose family has owned the Roswell Daily Record since 1935.

“There’s only so much you can talk about the Roswell incident, because most of the people who were associated with it are dead and we really don’t know what happened,” Beck told The Huffington Post.

Here’s how it unfolded in 1947, as told to this reporter four decades ago, by military participants in the original events:

“Col. [William] Blanchard called me and said, ‘We’ve found something northwest of Roswell. We don’t know what it is, but you ought to put out a release on it so that we don’t get caught with our pants down,’” said Lt. Walter Haut, who was public information officer of the 509th Bomb Group based at Roswell Army Air Field. (It was the 509th that delivered the atomic bombs on Japan, ending World War II.)

Haut said he was never an overly inquisitive person, and didn’t talk much about any of this to anyone.

“I do not ask a bunch of questions, unless I need the information for a specific thing,” Haut said. “I’m not going to go beyond the scope of what I’m working on. I think that the public would appreciate knowing if it’s a true fact, that there are intelligent beings outside of our own Earth, and I don’t think it would create any panic.”

This brings us to Maj. Jesse Marcel, who at the time was in charge of intelligence and security for the base. He was assigned the initial task of going out to the debris field to collect some of the wreckage — it was scattered over an area about three-quarters of a mile long, and several hundred feet wide.

“We went out to the scene of where the crash was and started picking up the debris,” Marcel recalled. “It’s almost indescribable. It’s not the kind of material I’d ever seen in my life, nor have I seen it since.

“There were little pieces that looked like they were made of wood, but it wasn’t wood, and it had some kind of writing or hieroglyphics that I couldn’t decipher and nobody else could. It was flexible, but you couldn’t break it and you couldn’t burn it.

“Also, I found a piece of metal, which was about the thickness of the foil in a pack of cigarettes. But the amazing part about it was you could put it on the ground, hit it with a sledge hammer and you couldn’t even put a dent in it! That astounded me, and I knew it was nothing from here. I was convinced it was not from anywhere on Earth, and I’m still convinced of that.”

The video below shows Marcel 30 years after the 1947 events of Roswell, sticking to his story.

Marcel told HuffPost that, after gathering the wreckage, he was told by Gen. Roger Ramey at Carswell Air Force Base in Forth Worth, Texas, “‘Don’t open your mouth to the press. Put some stuff on the floor and let them take a picture of it.’ But I was careful not to put out anything with detail on it. So, they took pictures, and one picture appeared in the papers.”

Here is that photo:
577440ac1500002b006c8ea8.jpeg
577440ac1500002b006c8ea8.jpeg (120.45 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
In July 1947, Maj. Jesse Marcel of the Roswell Army Air Field in New Mexico shows members of the press alleged pieces of a weather balloon that many people felt was really part of an alien ship that crashed on a ranch outside of Roswell.

“Gen. Ramey told news reporters this was nothing but a crashed weather balloon, but I do know this: Later on, I went back to Roswell to resume my duties, but what they did at Carswell was to make a mock display with a battered weather balloon, and they let the press take pictures of that. The whole thing was a cover-up to begin with, and that was the last I heard of it.”

There are many more aspects to the original Roswell UFO story, including eyewitnesses to related events. All are overshadowed by the military claim that the crash had nothing to do with an alien ship.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Re: New Mexico Town Celebrates Legendary UFO

Post by voguy » 07-02-2016 07:23 AM

Strangest UFO Reports
http://really.uktv.co.uk/article/strangest-ufo-reports/

For years there have been reports of UFO sightings from all over the world. We've listed the strangest ones here.

The Lubbock Lights - One of the most famous UFO cases is the Lubbock Lights incident which was reported in 1951 in Texas by three professors.

The witnesses claimed they were sitting in the backyard of one of their homes when they saw 20 to 30 lights fly overhead. One commented saying that the lights appeared to be about 'dinner plate' size and were greenish-blue in colour.

The USAF (United States Air Force) concluded that the lights were likely caused by birds named plovers which have white breasts that can reflect lights from cities and towns below as they fly overhead.

Keeksburg, Pennsylvania - In Keeksburg, Pennsylvania in 1965, multiple people claimed to have seen something crashing into the woods near the town.

Those who saw the mysterious object claimed that it fell from the sky and was about the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. It was also claimed, that almost immediately after it crashed to earth; the US army arrived and cordoned off the area.

The official report that was released said that it was a meteor crashing into the woods, though understandably most of the people who saw it were sceptical of this conclusion. To this day the case remains a mystery.

Socorro, New Mexico - One of the most famous UFO sightings in the USA happened in the town of Socorro, New Mexico in 1964. The witness to the event was a police officer named Lonnie Zamora, who was in pursuit of a speeding car when he saw an oval shaped object in the sky. He said the object had strange red insignia on the side.

Zamora claims to have seen the object rise from the ground and take off. His story drew a huge amount of media and government attention, including leading to the CIA filing a report on the incident. Zamora retired from the police force shortly after the incident and the case remains unsolved.

Ontario, Canada - Diane Labanek claimed to have seen a UFO hovering above a field near her home after she went to check why her dogs were barking. Shortly after, the object took off and disappeared. Labanek claimed that a government helicopter appeared at the scene quickly investigating before heading off in the same direction as the UFO, though there are no official records of this.

A few months later, a UFO researcher named Bob Oeschler received a package that included alleged military documents and a video featuring the same UFO that Labanek claimed to have seen.

Manitoba, Canada - One of the strangest UFO sightings in modern history took place at Falcon Lake in Manitoba, Canada and involved a man named Stephen Michelak. Michelak claims to have encountered not one, but two UFOs, and after investigating them was blasted with some sort of hot air from a vent that left him with strange markings on his abdomen and led to him being hospitalised.

This remains one of the strangest UFO cases on record due to the fact its one of the few where a person has claims to have made contact with alien life and has suffered a very real and very odd injury.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 07-02-2016 10:29 AM

Actually, this is but a tiny number of a truly gigantic list and I mean a really, really , long list, going back a very long long time. But still some say there is no proof. I would say that at this point the majority are " aware ". But, awareness and seeking lead to other realities that humans are just not ready to face, and most would rather not bother with it. Plus the fact and it is a fact it would disturb the purpose of why we are all here in this school, prison, war planet, most can't even figure that either. Sheash! Nothing is easy, here, but yet very simple............ :shock:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-02-2016 12:22 PM

I've always maintained in my research on the subject that the biggest problem to disclosure would be the inability of humans to accept the inadequacy of a smarter and perhaps more advanced race.

The second factor would be with our politicians and military unwilling to accept the superiority of technology and intellect, and the possible changes which would be made from both the ET and citizen side.

Then I place religion in the third position. Imagine what that would do to conventional Christians to find out that ET was God. Hell, they would have to repaint the Sistine Chapel! :P

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-02-2016 08:01 PM

Doka wrote:Actually, this is but a tiny number of a truly gigantic list and I mean a really, really , long list, going back a very long long time. But still some say there is no proof. I would say that at this point the majority are " aware ". But, awareness and seeking lead to other realities that humans are just not ready to face, and most would rather not bother with it. Plus the fact and it is a fact it would disturb the purpose of why we are all here in this school, prison, war planet, most can't even figure that either. Sheash! Nothing is easy, here, but yet very simple............ :shock:
Doka,

Your post deserves more than I can contribute. But we know the proof is not rusting or rotting away inside or underneath Dayton, Ohio's Hanger 18 at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and Museum! You wrote so well lines dead on of what so many viewing this would think of and then keep to themselves. :wink:

MK II
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-02-2016 08:23 PM

voguy wrote:I've always maintained in my research on the subject that the biggest problem to disclosure would be the inability of humans to accept the inadequacy of a smarter and perhaps more advanced race.

The second factor would be with our politicians and military unwilling to accept the superiority of technology and intellect, and the possible changes which would be made from both the ET and citizen side.

Then I place religion in the third position. Imagine what that would do to conventional Christians to find out that ET was God. Hell, they would have to repaint the Sistine Chapel! :P
voguy,

It really is as simple as your 1 - 2 - 3. We can take it up a notch on #3 to include the deity that, in his honor, praise be upon him, the attacks on 9/11/01 were credited to. There would be no Paradise containing 72 palaces for the 72 virgins to receive the volunteer believer's cause of martyrdom! :oops:

:D Thank you for that information and Jesse Marcel's video on Roswell and the Mack Brazill sp? Ranch UFO crash along with the other famous site's of great mystery.

MK II
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “UFO”