The Most Credible UFO Sightings and Encounters in Modern History

UFO sightings, alien abductions, orbs, John Lear disclosure, government cover-ups...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

The Most Credible UFO Sightings and Encounters in Modern History

Post by Doka » 04-21-2019 11:09 AM

The Most Credible UFO Sightings and Encounters in Modern History, According to Research

By Callum Paton On 4/17/19 at 9:55 AM EDT

The modern era of UFO sightings began in 1947 when Kenneth Arnold, a businessman and pilot from Idaho, spotted what he believed was a formation of flying saucers near Mount Rainier in Washington. Encounters with unidentified flying objects have been recorded since ancient times, but Arnold’s sighting hooked the American public. It was the encounter that launched a thousand theories.

The U.S. military attempted to discredit Arnold’s claims. “The report cannot bear even superficial examination, therefore, must be disregarded,” the Air Force Materiel Command wrote in a now-declassified document.

As reported sightings increased and UFO obssession spread like wildfire, its flames fanned by the notorious Roswell incident, the military attempted to douse the issue. A series of UFO studies commissioned by the U.S. Air Force culminated in Project Blue Book, which wrapped up in 1969 and found no evidence of the presence of extra terrestrial vehicles on Earth or in the skies above.

The Air Force clearly hoped to put an end to the UFO craze—but the studies had the opposite effect. Josef Allen Hynek, who had overseen the Air Force efforts, broke with the military, claiming the importance of UFOs had been underplayed. His scientific analysis forms much of the basis of modern UFOlogy and his close encounters classification system is the benchmark in grading the credibility of UFO sightings.

25 Incidents

https://www.newsweek.com/ufo-sightings- ... TX3A2CFXAE
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: The Most Credible UFO Sightings and Encounters in Modern History

Post by Doka » 04-21-2019 11:49 AM

This article in general is not well written by any means, but I suppose it was the best they could do , for the times.

The Kenneth Arnold, sighting happened not far from where I live , and as a matter of fact he landed at the airport in the little burg I live in. UFOs where very active in my area in the 50s and early 60s. Those years, Is when I discovered, that my "normal" didn't match any of those around me sense of "normal" at least that, anybody was talking about......... :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “UFO”