Ann Coulter is guest with Bill Maher

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 10-30-2004 06:26 PM

Dots, HBO plays repeats of Real Time throughout the week. I think there's one tonight and I know there's one for sure Sunday night.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 10-30-2004 06:27 PM

spaceprophet wrote: Dots, HBO plays repeats of Real Time throughout the week. I think there's one tonight and I know there's one for sure Sunday night.
Thanks SP, yep I know. ::shudder:: although the thought of watching her again, well I did describe how my initial reaction was to run away? lol...

spaceprophet
Pirate

Post by spaceprophet » 10-30-2004 06:35 PM

Just watching Richard Belzer squirm in his seat while Coulter is spewing her bile is worth the price of admission.

Aren't the New Rules just freakin hilareous?
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man. - Jack Handey

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 10-30-2004 06:43 PM

spaceprophet wrote: Aren't the New Rules just freakin hilareous?
They always are! Hah, that wolves bit was great!

Kevin Costner was a bit annoying to me, I mean I love him as an actor, but I was more interested in hearing what Clark had to say; in general that's the problem with having actors on political commentary shows...

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 10-31-2004 10:38 AM

Kevin Costner was a bit annoying to me, I mean I love him as an actor, but I was more interested in hearing what Clark had to say; in general that's the problem with having actors on political commentary shows...

I could help but get on here and chime in with you Dot. Kevin annoyed me to no end. He seemed like he had heard One speech of Ralph Nader..and that's it..he's the "guy for me". He seemed to be very uncomfortable, and I guess I would as well sitting next to Wesley Clark:) Clark had so many good points... and Costner..just rambled..like it was "Real Time with Kevin Costner". I kept hearing a whisper in my ear "If you keep talking I will leave".

Oy;)

And Ann Coulter was her usual self, I could care less what she looks like..the things that spew out of that womans mouth make me ill.
Wiggle your big toe.

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 10-31-2004 11:53 AM

Actually, I thought that Kevin Costner was bang on the money. :eek:

Archives of Bill's shows are available for DL Here, if you want to archive/view any of these programs.

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 10-31-2004 12:06 PM

alphacentaura wrote: Actually, I thought that Kevin Costner was bang on the money. :eek:
AC, maybe I haven't read the threads dealing with this enough, because I cannot for the life of me understand the practical logic of this -- of course I get the theory. Can you distill it for me in a way that doesn't just boil down to "it's a matter of principle" or something similar? I'm concerned about the real, real, world right now, and it's in real danger. I have always respected your intellect and opinions, so go for it, if you will (or direct me to the relevent thread).

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 10-31-2004 05:21 PM

Hey dots,

First of all, I am no authority...nowhere even close...just another container with what I would consider an evaluated opinion.

Before I can even attempt to try to respond to your question, I need to understand what " practical logic" is, in your term of reference.

Your comment about the "real, real world", in all honesty has me scratching my head.......what perchance is that, according to dotcosm?....what is this world.....which matrix, which view?

Yes, my friend, I am very concerned about the "real, real world" too. And yes, it has and is in grave danger, not only now but for some time.

There is no thread or one source I can direct anyone to....I also am searching for the concrete solutions and the answers....wouldn't it be great if it was just that easy.

IMHO, this pending election is manifest of the success of the most recent manipulation of human kind.....good people spitting and hissing at othr good real people. who have been manipulated, beaten down and willingly seem to accept the "lesser of 2 evils"...mind you with no concrete platforms, nothing but incremental spin......

Seems most people know that neither Kerry or GWB are the answer, but their paradigm won't let them either get beyond this nor do they seem to have the intestinal fortitude for short term pain for long time gain.

Costner was standing on principle, IMHO of what is ultimatelly right or wrong...in the holistic long term, not the short...and in my frame of reference, he's more than bang on.

Cosmic consciousness....the power of intellect, mind....getting beyond the media sensationalism, the propoganda, the game.....the matrix agenda....sheesh...don't you guys see it!!!!!!

Please understand...I say this with all due respect, although with total disbelief, wonder and disagreement.

Let me say this - as Art has often said: "Nothing is as it Seems".

Think about it, look at it in perhpas a different way, beyond the news, media sources and spins that are so prevalent everywhere and in the P & G on this forum.

Look up, down, all around, beyond your comfort zone, frame of reference and short term stakes....the frame is much bigger than the US of A....and this "election".

Yup, ulitmate principle of what is right for all living creatures of any ethnicity, country...who's doing what...why?..........., follow the $$$$............sadly, it seems it's all about that, for the very few...don't you see it?

They have you right where they want you......two flip sides of one coin, IMHO....control both sides of the game, so whatever the outcome is, THEY WIN....bit of different spin.

As long as most play the same game, this game will continue....that's why I agree and respect what Costner said on Bill's show....he's right, IMHO...but he's asking for or advocating a reality and mind revolution, which most won't even consider, never mind take...after all, it's more important for what's in it for me, in the short term for some, than the greater long term disillution of a long term, corrupt, self serving fill your pockets regiem for either Dems or Repubs, cause you know what...the big players share the pot, anyway.

Just another alpha ramble WADR to all.........like gorm says....."oh well"..........

So, to conclude.....alltitude determines attitude........to thyself be true.....we the brother & sisterhood of mankind are counting on all of you to go beyond that BIG BUMP, to see or attempt to see beyond the projected reality and stand for the principle of good an peace for all.;) :)
Last edited by alphacentaura on 10-31-2004 05:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-31-2004 06:56 PM

alphacentaura wrote: Seems most people know that neither Kerry or GWB are the answer, but their paradigm won't let them either get beyond this nor do they seem to have the intestinal fortitude for short term pain for long time gain.
I so wish it were as simple as that, alpha, but it just isn't.

Sure Kerry is the lesser of two evils for MANY Americans ... but "Desperate times do often call, for desperate measures".

I really don't think it has much to do with personal paradigms or a tolerance to pain, so when you said "won't let them get beyond", I'm not sure whether you were serious or if that was a sort-of-condescending-intellectual slap across the noggin?!?! Either way, OUCH! :cool:

IMHO, our water source is smack dab in the middle of the black and white area, and there was/is no time to seach the gray areas (or green as the case may be) to find another source, we can't afford the opulent luxury of looking outside the box for new fountain to sip from ... there is no time for champagne, sister, we are way too dehydrated, a dangerous level actually and in order to stay alive we MUST DRINK THE PEE.

In the famous words on Riddick, knowwhutImean??
Last edited by CindyLouWho on 10-31-2004 07:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 10-31-2004 07:03 PM

p.s.

I actually have come to like John Kerry, but do understand your point about expanding our views and growing our dominant 2-party system .. And I would be lying if I did not say that my vote is as much AGAINST BUSH as it is for Kerry. But even for those who don't care for Kerry, drinking the PEE will keep them alive ... even if it isn't their first choice.

Speaking of which, this year ladies (& gents), in more ways than one .. IT IS ALL ABOUT "CHOICE". Do NOT let GWB choose any members of my US Supreme Court ... I actually BEG OF YOU, Please!!

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 10-31-2004 07:16 PM

alphacentaura wrote: Before I can even attempt to try to respond to your question, I need to understand what " practical logic" is, in your term of reference.
Hello AC, thanks for the reply. I only have a brief moment here so can't respond too carefully, yet I will answer a couple points quickly.

I suppose "pragmatic" may have been a more appropriate way to say what I was thinking. I totally "get" the concept and theory and idealism, so it's not the logic I'm missing, it's the "practical" application of that logic, I guess. Like "how does voitng for Nader actually "do" (accomplish) anything (good, I mean)?
alphacentaura wrote:
Your comment about the "real, real world", in all honesty has me scratching my head.......what perchance is that, according to dotcosm?....what is this world.....which matrix, which view?
This would be the world where Bush appoints one or two more Supreme Court Justices if he is elected, and those Justices make decisions that directly affect me, my friends, my family. That sort of real world stuff.

Or, Bush forges on in his World domination game that sooner or later (sooner) will require a draft and that too impacts my real world. As an aside, in the past few weeks a friend of mine who is with the Coast Guard has just (suddenly, surprisingly) been shipped to the Gulf! Nice! I can't tell you how swell it feels living in California and knowing that OUR COAST GUARD is in the Persian Gulf!

Anyway, that's the sort of real, real world stuff I mean, in brief.

I'm in pre-Halloween mode, so I'm sure I didn't answer this very well.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-01-2004 12:51 AM

(Did my PEE analogy make sense? I'm second guessing my own brain ... and wondering if I shoulda used another POO theme, hehe ... Anyone besides my-own-strange-self understand what I was trying to say? ... (feeling just a wee bit silly about it, hehe)

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 11-01-2004 09:10 AM

CindyLouWho wrote: I so wish it were as simple as that, alpha, but it just isn't.
[/b]

Cindy, I truly wish it were that simple too. The idealist in me, just won't die, dangit. :)
Sure Kerry is the lesser of two evils for MANY Americans ... but "Desperate times do often call, for desperate measures".

I really don't think it has much to do with personal paradigms or a tolerance to pain, so when you said "won't let them get beyond", I'm not sure whether you were serious or if that was a sort-of-condescending-intellectual slap across the noggin?!?! Either way, OUCH! :cool:
I honestly didn't mean to be condescending in my comments; apologies to all who may have taken my words that way.

Guess I just see things differently. I think we need to determine who/what the real 'evil' is. IMHO it is not the "puppet" at center stage on either the Republican or Democratic side. I think, we in general assume and give these these figureheads signifcantly more power than they really have. They are the front man, the talking head behind the 'real powers that be'.

I also beleive that the PTB will do anything and everything to continue their agenda, the big picture, likely only known to them. The only way to do that, is to ensure they control the game...how?....to control/own both sides.

They project and perpetrate the illusion of free will...of choice by carefully orchestrating a veneer/illusion of difference....of choice....engage the people to take sides, where IMHO it is the same coin....heads or tails...still the same coin.....same long term goals and agenda....different spin on the presentation perhaps, but that's all.

IMHO, our water source is smack dab in the middle of the black and white area, and there was/is no time to seach the gray areas (or green as the case may be) to find another source, we can't afford the opulent luxury of looking outside the box for new fountain to sip from ... there is no time for champagne, sister, we are way too dehydrated, a dangerous level actually and in order to stay alive we MUST DRINK THE PEE.

We've been drinking PEE for a very long time, I think. They have the game down pat...a lock. The only way, IMHO to destroy and demobilize this monopoly ( and not only in the USA...it is prevalent in many countries, globally and fueled by the multinational real PTB ) is to put them out of business. The only way to do that is to mobilize the populace to vote for a national underdog party, whether you beleive in their entire platform or not ( no...not the Communist Party or the White Supremacists), but for someone like the Green Party, Libertarians, Nader. None of these parties can or will remake a country in a four year term, nor will they be able to radically change the infrastructure of a country, relative to law, social programs etc. However by electing outside of the solid boys, bones, money club, we have a chance for breakthrough rather than incremental change.

Sadly, I don't think this will ever be. The power stronghold is entrenched, strong, ....we have been successfully conditioned and buy in to this system, this matrix. It will take a mind revolution and a courageous revolt by the masses for this to ever happen....don't think it will.

I have been trying with my vote here, in the Canadian elections for the past decade or more.....we're getting stronger, yet nowhere near the numbers needed for real kick ass change.....so back to PEE we go.

Political Leaders, including Presidential Candidates, IMHO or no more than marketting tools and spokespeople for the one's who really have the power....and they have cornered the market.

In the famous words on Riddick, knowwhutImean??

Yup, I do......hope my response made some sense. ;) :)

alphacentaura
Pirate

Post by alphacentaura » 11-01-2004 01:46 PM

dotcosm wrote: Hello AC, thanks for the reply. I only have a brief moment here so can't respond too carefully, yet I will answer a couple points quickly.

I suppose "pragmatic" may have been a more appropriate way to say what I was thinking. I totally "get" the concept and theory and idealism, so it's not the logic I'm missing, it's the "practical" application of that logic, I guess. Like "how does voitng for Nader actually "do" (accomplish) anything (good, I mean)?.............
[/b]

Hiya dotcosm,

Think that I've basically covered my thoughts in my reply above ot CLW.

I do believe it would do alot, specifically if the momentum would allow for a Nader/other than Dem/Repub victory or a dramatic shake up in the elected representatives.....those that conceptualize & approve policy, sign legislation and represent the constituents.

Without becoming sickeningly repeatative, I don't really think the big picture outcome would be much different either with Bush or with Kerry. I realize that the WIFM ( what's in it for me, my friends, my family) is a major concern with huge impetus on our daily lives. Most people vote that way and often change their allegience, once their lives and needs/concerns change.....human nature.

I don't beleive that either of these men are important enough or powerful enough to decide if/where to go to war, when and I truly do beleive that they both are "owned" by the same PTB.

The only way to get away from that, change the strong hold and tide of the last few decades is to break the pattern, the matrix, the foundation of this brotherhood and their hold on the people.

JMHO.....I think is is critical that we know, WHO WE REALLY ARE VOTING FOR.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-01-2004 02:32 PM

Alpha,

I think we're just coming at this with different degrees of urgency.

I don't disagree with your postition in general and I doubt you'd find much arguement on this deck about the overall vision, but we Americans do not have the luxury of waiting (through the pain) while Bush continues his destruction. We simply can NOT do anything, at this moment in time, except attempt to undo some of the damage he has done to our nation. If we elect him as President, we would be validating his tyrantical actions ... these are desperate times.

Drinking the PEE is an act of desperation, an act of survival ... and Americans are desperate to survive this administration.

(Listen sister, I'd even vote for BenSlain over Bush .. now THAT is seriously pungent pee!! eeeeeeek!) ;)

If you are so inclined, please say a somber prayer for us, Alpha ... our lives may very well depend upon our collective choice tomorrow.

Nervously, Confidently and not the least bit thirsty, I am

Cindy ;)

p.s. Don't stifle your idealist side (just let it rest for another 24-48 hours, hehe)!!
Some day we may just rise to the occasion!!
Last edited by CindyLouWho on 11-01-2004 02:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Brig”