A short, silly joke

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

CindyLouWho
Pirate

A short, silly joke

Post by CindyLouWho » 01-26-2005 11:21 PM

I just realized that Old64 (and 65 & 66)'s Joke forum is gone, so thought it'd be okay if I posted this here: A short, dorky eye-rolling giggle for you all:

A college class was told they had to write a short story in as few words as possible.
The short story had to contain the following three things:
  • Religion
  • Sexuality
  • Mystery
There was only one A+ paper in the entire class. Below is the A+ short story:

Good God, I'm pregnant. I wonder who did it?

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 01-26-2005 11:43 PM

Uh, Cindy, Dave and his Joke section are still here and open. Check in between 'Ship's Galley ~ FF Community' and 'Garden & Galley' sections.

Dave still continues to crank them out, and just recently (a couple of months) surpassed the 1,OOO post level. That's well over a thousand jokes, as most of his posts cooncentrate there. Dave, you're well on your way to beating Uncle Miltie's claim of 6 million jokes on file. :eek: :D

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Re: A short, silly joke

Post by starrmtn001 » 01-27-2005 01:55 PM

CindyLouWho wrote: I just realized that Old64 (and 65 & 66)'s Joke forum is gone, so thought it'd be okay if I posted this here: A short, dorky eye-rolling giggle for you all:

A college class was told they had to write a short story in as few words as possible.
The short story had to contain the following three things:
  • Religion
  • Sexuality
  • Mystery
There was only one A+ paper in the entire class. Below is the A+ short story:

Good God, I'm pregnant. I wonder who did it?

Good one, I like it.

Escargot
Pirate

Post by Escargot » 02-06-2005 11:34 AM

And if this happened to your daughter, would you think it was so funny?
Sure, as long as it's someone else's difficulty, it's funny.

If your daughter had been drinking too much or if she had been drugged, or if she had been hypnotized and put in to an altered conscious state and made to believe she was with someone she loved and she was programmed not to remember; and she was taken advantage of - then would it be funny?

Of course, just off the cuff, the joke is funny, if you're in to derogatory female humor. But I can't believe that any, supposedly progressive, thoughtful woman would think that joke is funny- In Reality.
It infers and assumes that any time that happens to a woman, she is 'loose'. I thought women's mentality towards other women had risen above male mentality? :(
Male Humor is often a means to hide their own bad behavior.

Things are not always what they appear to be.
And women should know that by now.

law512
Pirate

Post by law512 » 02-06-2005 12:04 PM

I think the point was missed somewhere Escargot, CindyLou said this was a short silly joke. I don't think she implied anything derogatory to women. I think once people start delving to deep into statements or jokes to pull out meanings that were not meant by the author can be quite dangerous. They can tend to upset or spark anger when none was meant in the first place.

Male humor does tend to focus on women at times but rarely would I think it is to hide some bad behavior. I think male menatality has come a long way since we live in a more "PC" society where many jokes derogatory about anything are discouraged and frowned upon.

I think more laughter in this world and less "PC" is just what the doctor ordered. I can only hope that with as many differences as we all have we can all take time to laugh at ourselves and not be so serious.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 02-07-2005 07:36 AM

It didn't make me laugh, but it didn't push my PC buttons either.:cool:
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

cavehunter
Pirate

Post by cavehunter » 02-09-2005 01:06 AM

LOL, I like that one... I've heard it somewhere before though. Thanks for the joke. I always need to remember to take life easier.

-- CaveHunter

Return to “The Brig”