Words of the day or scattered thoughts

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 11-09-2006 11:43 AM

I've totally forgotten what I was going to post on this RANDOM
THOUGHT provoking thread.

Darn it ... I remember American farm slang

Curly cork screw - pig
pencil dick - goat
senior rooster - cock
junior rooster - cockrel
hung like a... - is a stallion
quick like a bunny - faster than a pig
Dumb as a turkey - is also true

How does this apply to daily living and politics?

Most America has voted out the Turkeys
and Pig republicans.

skydancer
Pirate

Post by skydancer » 11-09-2006 12:16 PM

New Element in Periodic Table

A major research institution has just announced the discovery of the densest element yet known to science. The new element has been named "Bushcronium." Bushcronium has one neutron, 12 assistant neutrons, 74 deputy neutrons, and 224 assistant deputy neutrons, giving it an atomic mass of 311. It has no protons, so it has no measurable positive energy.

The neutrons are held together by dark forces called morons, which are surrounded by vast quantities of lepton-like particles called peons. The symbol for Bushcronium is "W". Bushcronium's mass actually
increases over time, as morons randomly interact with various elements in the atmosphere and become assistant deputy neutrons in a Bushcronium molecule, forming isodopes. This characteristic of moron-promotion leads some scientists to believe that Bushcronium is formed whenever morons reach a certain quantity in concentration.

This hypothetical quantity is referred to as "critical morass". When catalyzed with money, Bushcronium activates Foxnewsium, an element that radiates orders of magnitude more energy, albeit as incoherent
noise, since it has half as many peons but twice as many morons.

The largest deposits of Bushcronium so far discovered have been in Florida in 2000 and in Ohio in 2004.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 11-10-2006 07:02 AM

Interesting posts, Skydancer. Thanks for contributing.
About Bushcronium; One should also point out that it's a very unstable element. :D
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Been a long time

Post by Jon-Marcus » 08-27-2007 07:27 PM

This is an interesting bit of work, originating in Australia.
Not my words, but I do agree with them.

Am I a Racist ???

Someone finally said it. How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are Aboriginals, ,Torres Strait Islanders, Kiwis, Lebanese , Asians, Arabs, Boat People from all over the place., etc.
And then there are just Australians. You pass me on the street and sneer in my Direction.
You Call me " Australian Dog", "White boy", "Cracker", "Skippy", "Whitey",
"Caveman" . And that's OK.
But when I call you, Black Fella, Kiwi, Towel head, Sand-******, Sheep Shagger ,Camel Jockey, Gook, or Chink, You call Me a racist.
You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the Housing Commission Estates the most dangerous places to Live?
You have the Aboriginal Schools. You have Sorry Day. You Have Yom Hashoah ,You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
If we had WET (White Entertainment Television), We'd be racists.
If we had a White Pride Day .. You would call us Racists.
If we had White Culture Month, we'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites to"advance" OUR lives . We'd be racists.
If we had a University fund that only gave white Students scholarships..... You know we'd be racists.
"White colleges" ..THAT would be a racist college.
You can march for your race and rights. If we marched for our Race and rights, You would call us racists.
You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and Orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our White pride .You call us racists.
You rob us, bash our kids,steal from us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a Muslim gang member or beats up a Lebanese Drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society, You call him a racist.
I am proud. But, you call me a racist.
Why is it that only whites can be racists?

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 08-28-2007 10:06 AM

Have you seen the Battle Warrior's or War Warriors on TV. Watch the whole thing. I notice one strange item. It' was all whites. The whites and their believes are what scary.

The more I watched it, the more I still leaning to become a Buddhist........:cool:
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 08-28-2007 10:58 AM

No, I havent seen them. Don't want to.
However, "reality tv" shows don't reflect reality. They are scripted.

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

caucuses

Post by Jon-Marcus » 01-03-2008 11:30 PM

Caucuses

Sounds a lot like carcases .

majda
Pirate

Re: Been a long time

Post by majda » 01-04-2008 03:03 AM

Jon-Marcus wrote: Why is it that only whites can be racists?

A very, very delicate subject, and one sure to bring raised blood pressure and heated words. That IS a good question however. There will NEVER be peace between the races until there is true, equal treatment, rights, and opportunity for ALL races, and the elimination of special treatment, AKA 'affirmative action'. Anything less only serves to keep the people of the world separate and suspicious... :(
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Re: Re: Been a long time

Post by Jon-Marcus » 01-08-2008 10:55 PM

majda wrote: A very, very delicate subject, and one sure to bring raised blood pressure and heated words. That IS a good question however. There will NEVER be peace between the races until there is true, equal treatment, rights, and opportunity for ALL races, and the elimination of special treatment, AKA 'affirmative action'. Anything less only serves to keep the people of the world separate and suspicious... :(

You know, I ticked off a police dispatcher one night on the phone. When she asked me what my race was, I said; Human.

Lastmartian
Pirate

Post by Lastmartian » 01-09-2008 05:30 AM

That Australian's post was great!. Now I know some new derogatory words for...well....Me!:D ...Skippy, and Caveman...kewl...:cool:

majda
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Been a long time

Post by majda » 01-09-2008 01:54 PM

Jon-Marcus wrote: You know, I ticked off a police dispatcher one night on the phone. When she asked me what my race was, I said; Human.

BEAUTIFUL! I love it! :) And that's the crux of the matter. We're all simply HUMANS just trying to get along in life the best that we can.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 01-19-2008 06:16 PM

I didn't write it but when I read it, I couldn't stop myself from saying' HELL YEAH !!

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt, doing drugs, while I work. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check ?

DesertSage
Pirate

Post by DesertSage » 01-20-2008 10:22 AM

Jon-Marcus wrote: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Right there in agreement with you.
"Wanting everything in life to be perfect before you take action is like wanting to reach a destination without travel."

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

On politics

Post by Jon-Marcus » 05-15-2008 12:09 PM

When, oh when, are people going to get it.
Everyone who runs for president makes bold promises that they know they cannot keep, but hope the "public" will buy into anyway. And they do.
NO president can bring about national health care, income tax reform, or Immigration reform. Only CONGRESS can do that.
Obama can't.
Clinton can't.
McCain can't.
Congress CAN....
But won't. There's no profit for them in reform.... and their corporate masters will NEVER allow it.

Meanwhile, supporters of the "big 3" get all passionate about their candidates and throw wet cow patties at anyone who dares to disagree.
And all over what amounts to bogus, empty promises.
People should know better.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 05-15-2008 02:03 PM

The system of government we have is damned near perfect. Flawed, of course, at its inception, as it did not prohibit slavery or recognize women had equal standing.

The 14th amendment did not remedy this, but cast us all as 'citizen collateral' in a federalized commercial entity - a parallel corporation. "The Government".

There are remedies. In our system of checks and balances - the most important, 'the people', have completely abdicated their responsibility.

Interestingly, the caucus (or convention) system adopted from indigenous Americans, the Algonquians, is the basis of participatory democracy. It is this bottom up, or grassroots input to participatory government which is the most powerful form of a government of, by and for the People.

We incorrectly assume our form of government is hierarchical, while its true power actually derives from a co-operative, circular flow of information and decision making.

Return to “The Brig”