Here's a Quiz....

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Here's a Quiz....

Post by Rombaldi » 08-17-2005 06:07 PM

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?

9. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

----

Correct Answers will be posted Friday
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Iris
Pirate

Re: Here's a Quiz....

Post by Iris » 08-17-2005 06:23 PM

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Competition ballroom dancing.

Joe Lieberman.

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

George Bush.
Dan Quayle.

Strawberry.

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

The bottle is put over the limb of the tree when the pear is tiny. The pear grows inside the bottle.

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

dweeb
dweasel

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

Sure -- just look at the top row on your keyboard.

In the locker room.

9. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

Richard Simmons.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-17-2005 06:46 PM

An Ohio (or florida) election.

The current "administration".

potato, pepper and (in our garden) kale

What Iris said.

Worms are easier

dwindle and Frank Zappa's kid... or 'dwibble' which is what happens after the dennist numbs your faze.

sure

Hell, we got us a city near Sacramento called 'Elk Grove'.... no elk.. no groves, go figure.

Avocado, most melons. (I had a name to include which was sold by faux news... but that would get me planked).

----

Correct Answers will be posted Friday [/B][/QUOTE]
Last edited by Corvid on 08-17-2005 06:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

mudwoman
Pirate

Re: Re: Here's a Quiz....

Post by mudwoman » 08-17-2005 06:56 PM

Corvid wrote: 3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

potato, pepper and (in our garden) kale
And rhubarb, asparagus, artichokes, sweet potatos and yams.

Lakesider
Pirate

Post by Lakesider » 08-17-2005 11:23 PM

Boxing

Niagara Falls

Dwindle Dwarf

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Re: Re: Re: Here's a Quiz....

Post by Corvid » 08-18-2005 12:17 AM

mudwoman wrote: And rhubarb, asparagus, artichokes, sweet potatos and yams.

Joolz tells me that I am constantly calling that plant "kale" when its real name is "bloodyswisscharddumbass". (...at least that what I heard.)

mudwoman
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's a Quiz....

Post by mudwoman » 08-18-2005 01:45 AM

Corvid wrote: Joolz tells me that I am constantly calling that plant "kale" when its real name is "bloodyswisscharddumbass". (...at least that what I heard.)
ROFLMFAO :p

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 08-18-2005 01:54 AM

(lol Iris, loved your answers!)
Rombaldi wrote: 1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

Dunno -- what Iris said?

What Iris said.

Tomatoes? Artichokes?

What Iris said.

Dwell
Dwindle

What Iris said

Big Bear, and Lake Arrowhead?

Lettuce?

----

Correct Answers will be posted Friday

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 08-18-2005 02:17 AM

Thanks, Dot. The temptation was just too great to have fun with this. :D
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Shirleypal
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Here's a Quiz....

Post by Shirleypal » 08-18-2005 08:17 PM

mudwoman wrote: And rhubarb, asparagus, artichokes, sweet potatos and yams.

Rhubarb and asparagus come up every year in Michigan not just in warm climates.

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 08-18-2005 08:31 PM

I'll take "Bush Bashing" for $200, Alex.
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 08-18-2005 09:31 PM

Bush bashing? Ohhhhh I missed that hint. Ok.

Let me try my answers again, borrowing from above when appropriate (thanks to Iris and others):

American Elections

The White House

Karl Rove
George Bush

Jeff Gannon

Karl Rove did it, we don't know how but we know it's sinister.

Dwindling Dwellings for Dwarfs

Of course I can. But can George Bush?

Crawford, Texas

George Bush (we don't know if he's a vegetable or a fruit; I'm leaning toward vegetable).

Now do I win?

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 08-18-2005 10:28 PM

dotcosm wrote: Bush bashing? Ohhhhh I missed that hint. Ok.

Let me try my answers again, borrowing from above when appropriate (thanks to Iris and others):

American Elections

The White House

Karl Rove
George Bush

Jeff Gannon

Karl Rove did it, we don't know how but we know it's sinister.

Dwindling Dwellings for Dwarfs

Of course I can. But can George Bush?

Crawford, Texas

George Bush (we don't know if he's a vegetable or a fruit; I'm leaning toward vegetable).

Now do I win?
My sides or splitting! That was hilarious, dot! :D :D :D
Last edited by mudwoman on 08-18-2005 10:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 08-18-2005 11:05 PM

tomatoes are a fruit.
Dwindling dwellings for Dweezil the dwarf?

Return to “The Brig”