This new year is starting to scare me....

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Krull
Pirate

This new year is starting to scare me....

Post by Krull » 01-06-2006 08:43 PM

Well we've had fires;miners;Sharoin (if I spelt that right) and now Ramona.....Jan isn't even a quarter over!! :eek:

I dunno 'bout the rest of you,but I'm about to dig one of those 60's type bomb shelters and go in!!

So does anyone mind if we leave this up to list the highs and lows of the coming year? (and God I hope we're all still here)

Evil is riding the wind this year and I don't like it! :mad:
Traded in my bible for a little black cat
The time of armageddon's here -Misfits-

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 01-06-2006 09:32 PM

I agree with you, Krull, and I made a comment to that effect on another thread earlier today.

If you will look in another thread of this board on the prophecies that the Nostradamus scholar John Hogue has published, you will see that he believes --- as I do --- that 2006 is a year of karmic retribution, a year in which what went around starts to come around. BOTH sins of commission AND sons of omission are going to come a cropper this year, and no, Krull, it is not going be pretty.

But what can we do? We have burn off karma in order to get beyond karma. The way out, the only way out, is the way through.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: This new year is starting to scare me....

Post by Live365 » 01-06-2006 09:38 PM

Krull wrote: Evil is riding the wind this year and I don't like it! :mad:

I'm not sure if I agree with the above, Krull, but six days into it, I see already that 2006 will not disappoint.

Depending on what yer definition of "disappoint" is.

:(

Blessings to all on this very sad night.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Krull
Pirate

Post by Krull » 01-06-2006 09:49 PM

Live365...I ment that this June we will have the date 06-06-06 and we seem well on the way to a horrid year,the Jews losing their leader seem headed to a nuke duke-out with maybe Iran;our weather only seems to be promising more hell;and dear God only knows what else!

joequinn,I'd say this:for the bad just stand and fight for all your worth and hopefully we'll come out the otherside.For the good just be thankful for any we get,no matter how small ;)

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 01-06-2006 09:57 PM

Krull wrote: I ment that this June we will have the date 06-06-06 and we seem well on the way to a horrid year,the Jews losing their leader seem headed to a nuke duke-out with maybe Iran;our weather only seems to be promising more hell;and dear God only knows what else!

Yes, yes, yes and yes. And to think I found myself wondering what the hell we were going to do with ourselves until twenty-o-seven.

My mistake.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 01-06-2006 10:33 PM

(To quote myself from another thread of last night):
2006 stumbled coming out of the gate. Now it has fallen down.

Krull
Pirate

Post by Krull » 01-06-2006 10:40 PM

I don't know if this the right place for this but......

Since I was about twenty or so I felt I wasn't going to have a normal life,that something that modern humans think of as "legend" or "fairy tales" that our forfathers warned of is really gonna happen...and I'm (by choice) going to be right in the middle of.

Death..I wonder if I'm going to die like everyone else,somehow I don't think so...I sometimes wonder if I'm going to even die.

I've had "lucid" dreams since I was a kid..if I didn't it was just blackness,all dreams were so real it left me exhausted...can't say where I was but by now I feel I've been taking regular trips to hell....

I get dreams sometimes that come true..I'll see a place in them and a few days;weeks;months;or years later and I see them...why? I don't know.

I get the feeling that people today aren't really awere of what's coming,that their whole world is about to get flipped over and it's never going to be the same....it get's so strong at times I get scared and almost start to shake at the hell I feel is really about to happen-in my lifetime probably and I know no one would believe me if I said it.

This new year makes me think it's rolling faster then even I realized..I don't want to think of between now and 2012 or whatever you wish to think true...it started in 2001 and there's no stopping it now.

All I can say,all I wish to say of what I think is coming-"God help us all"

*I'm...getting just a bit scared to post this...don't really know why..just I'm getting that feeling again...oh,well*

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 01-06-2006 10:54 PM

I think this is the first New Year where I didn't enter it with hope. Usually, there's that "starting over" feeling, but this time, I just felt like the hole was getting deeper.

Recent events have done nothing to dispel that notion.

Graphix Girl
Pirate

Post by Graphix Girl » 01-07-2006 12:52 AM

think this is the first New Year where I didn't enter it with hope. Usually, there's that "starting over" feeling, but this time, I just felt like the hole was getting deeper.

I know exactly what you mean. I have felt a profound sense of dread since day one of 2006. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Not only Nostradamus but the Bible Code points to 2006 as a very pivital year. I just looked at the Bible Code II last night and it says that 2006 is THE year that the proverbial SH** hits the fan. Also, the book "The Fourth Turning" has the next couple of years as the "catalyst crisis." Both very sobering. I just don't have a good feeling about it, and I'm normally a very positive person...

MAD
Pirate

FF gang

Post by MAD » 01-07-2006 04:14 AM

I've got a spare bedroom, if you want to get away from it all and visit Tel Aviv!:D

You can get a better understanding of "dread"!:eek:
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Louis P.
Pirate

Post by Louis P. » 01-07-2006 01:13 PM

2005 has been one hell of a year! It scares me too. It seems that year by year, things are getting worse. God help us by 2012!!!:eek:

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 01-07-2006 01:20 PM

Krull, I wish that I could say that you are psychotic --- unfortunately, you are perceptive (which is even worse)! :(

We have to understand that we are now in the first month --- only the first month --- of a seven year period between December of 2005 and December of 2012. I don't care whether you believe in the Mayan calendar or not, but even if they were guessing, the Mayans made a damn good guess for "the end of the world as we know it."

I predict that, in the next seven years, we are going to see things here in America that we never could have imagined would be able to happen! We are going to see stuff coming right out of Imperial Rome and the Dark Ages! We are not going to believe our eyes! But when we go back to the history books, we will understand --- once again --- that, as the philosopher Hegel put it, "the only thing that we learn from history is that we do not learn from history." <SIGH> <SIGH> <DOUBLE SIGH>
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Louis P.
Pirate

Post by Louis P. » 01-07-2006 01:32 PM

If we want to "get the heck out of Dogge" Where do we go? I wonder why all of us were born into a doomed time period like this one. The future seems to loom ahead of us as if it were an unconquerable mountain. I have not lost hope however, maybe things will brighten up. A mountain isn't so looming when your standing on top of it.

God help everyone... :(

THE DAYSTAR
Pirate

TAKE MY ADVICE.....

Post by THE DAYSTAR » 01-07-2006 11:27 PM

This is how I see it......

one, borrow as much money as you can possibly do.

two.... spend it quick......

three..... hope for the fan to get all clogged up with all the crap that you guys are posting about.....

four.... enjoy yourself, cause if the Redchiners, the Rooskies, and the the fall of the US is imminent..

I WANT TO ENJOY IT WITH STYLE. !!!!

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Re: TAKE MY ADVICE.....

Post by Live365 » 01-07-2006 11:37 PM

THE DAYSTAR wrote: three..... hope for the fan to get all clogged up with all the crap that you guys are posting about.....

four.... enjoy yourself, cause if the Redchiners, the Rooskies, and the the fall of the US is imminent..

I WANT TO ENJOY IT WITH STYLE. !!!!

Good One, Daystar!:D

But if we're right, let me offer this: America will fight Back. And when we do, we will make the Arab street look like "a baby throwing a tantrum".

But yer post isn't lost on me, Daystar. Thanks for the smile. :)

Return to “The Brig”