Ya think mebbe Brett Favre's just a little Tee'd Off?

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 07-28-2008 06:28 PM

You're a Pack fan, what is your stance on this.

I think he should bring him back. He brought them to the semi finals. He has always had doubt of retiring so even when he made it "offical" you should at least have it in the back of your mind of him maybe wanting to return.

If you were a poor team and you needed to rebuild I might understand in telling him "Look we have to go in a new direction" But the guy took you to one play away from the SuperBowl and you don't jump on a chance of him returning. He obviously shows he still has a lot of game left in him, as a fan and a supporter I would want the best team possible on the field.

Dr Powerfun
Pirate

Post by Dr Powerfun » 07-28-2008 06:54 PM

Well, I sure would like to see Brett playing for the Pack again but as I don't believe being a backup QB would suit him, & as that's all that's been offered to him at this point? Whether by release or trade if Favre winds up elsewhere, all I can say is good luck to him... AND to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, 'cause they'll more'n likely be needing it!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 07-28-2008 07:26 PM

With luck, Brett Favre will be wearing green again this year, but green and white - standing under center as QB of my team :)

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!

It's been a while since we've had a legend throwing passes for Gang Green.........
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Dr Powerfun
Pirate

Post by Dr Powerfun » 08-05-2008 11:10 PM

Favre: Please Release Me

Click HERE for Musical Accompaniment

Please release me, let me go,
You've got Aaron, so I'm told.
You know this whole thing's wearing thin,
Release me, so I can play again.

A new team is what you fear,
Yet you still don't want me here.
There are offers I am told,
Release me, Packers, let me go.

Please release me, I impart,
Before this rips the team apart.
To live a lie would bring us pain,
Release me, so I can play again.

Please release me, let me go,
For you don't want me anymore.
To waste this year would be a sin,
So release me, so I can play again.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 08-05-2008 11:28 PM

This whole thing has become really unfortunate, I had some hope when it looked like he was coming back but now it looks like there has to be a trade.

I put the blame on managment, everyone had at least some feel this might happen and managment didn't? You just don't push a legend like that aside, especially when he's still playing well.

I'm wondering Powerman, what is the feeling there. Is it more pro managment or Favre from the general fans.

Dr Powerfun
Pirate

Post by Dr Powerfun » 08-06-2008 12:06 AM

Funny you should ask...just tonite, I see there's a poll at the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel website asking "Who is most to blame for the Brett Farve mess?"
When I first checked it out there were 10,612 votes, with 94.3% (including me) giving General Manager Ted Thompson the dishonor and 5.4% fingering Favre; Coach Mike McCarthy being called out by 0.3%
A little later with 11,836 total votes the figures were Thompson 88.3%, McCarthy 6.6% & Farve 5.1%
Even later with 12,554 votes? Thompson 84.1%, McCarthy 11.0%, & Farve 4.9%

I'll post an update tomorrow but with all that and at this point, in answer to your question? I'd have to go with "Pro-Favre"

Dr Powerfun
Pirate

Bad Blood Rising? Favre's Favorability Takes Tumble

Post by Dr Powerfun » 08-06-2008 01:25 PM

Seems I may've been a bit hasty in my 'pro-Farve' judgment last night... tho not a scientific poll, movement in the JS numbers has shifted and it's not good news for Brett: With 23,824 votes, 66.3% place blame for the debacle on GM Thompson, 26.9% point to Favre & 6.8% to Coach McCarthy

Additionally, the Journal-Sentinel reports a telephone survey conducted Sunday & Monday and released Tuesday shows Favre's favorable ratings amongst Wisconsin residents taking a precipitous plunge... from the story:

"According to the poll, only 47% of those surveyed had a favorable view of Favre, while 34% had an unfavorable view.

That is a startling drop in support for the three-time most valuable player, who is perhaps the Packers’ greatest player ever. Last December, as Favre’s Packers were readying a playoff run that would take them to the NFC Championship Game, 73% of the people in Wisconsin had a favorable view of him and only 7% had an unfavorable view.
Favorable views of Favre were weakest in Green Bay (31%). In December, 82% of those surveyed in the Green Bay area had a favorable view of him."

Looks to be another instance of how the mighty can fall - but, at least at THIS point, Favre can say he's still more popular than Dubya...

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-06-2008 11:30 PM

Report: Favre Sent To NY By Packers
According to a report, Brett Favre has been traded by the Green Bay Packers to
the New York Jets.

MORE DETAILS: http://www.clickondetroit.com/tu/5zT1KK7kz.html

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 08-07-2008 12:08 AM

OH YES BABY!!!!!

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!!

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-07-2008 12:10 AM

Kaz are you trying to say this development makes you happy.:D

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 08-07-2008 12:50 AM

Shirleypal wrote: Kaz are you trying to say this development makes you happy.:D

Oh yes, I've been bleeding green and white my whole life, have season tickets, and have cried on way too many Sundays.

Finally, the Chad Pennington era is officially OVER (I was a big Testaverde fan and never forgave him for replacing my favorite QB).

Brett, welcome to the city that never sleeps :D

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-07-2008 12:58 AM

New york, new york

Start spreading the news, Im leaving today
I want to be a part of it - new york, new york
These vagabond shoes, are longing to stray
Right through the very heart of it - new york, new york

I wanna wake up in a city, that doesnt sleep
And find Im king of the hill - top of the heap

These little town blues, are melting away
Ill make a brand new start of it - in old new york
If I can make it there, Ill make it anywhere
Its up to you - new york, new york

New york, new york
I want to wake up in a city, that never sleeps
And find Im a number one top of the list, king of the hill
A number one

These little town blues, are melting away
Im gonna make a brand new start of it - in old new york
And if I can make it there, Im gonna make it anywhere

It up to you - new york new york

New york

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLeC9RvrKrU

OMG
Pirate

Re: Bad Blood Rising? Favre's Favorability Takes Tumble

Post by OMG » 08-07-2008 09:53 PM

Dr Powerfun wrote: Seems I may've been a bit hasty in my 'pro-Farve' judgment last night... tho not a scientific poll, movement in the JS numbers has shifted and it's not good news for Brett: With 23,824 votes, 66.3% place blame for the debacle on GM Thompson, 26.9% point to Favre & 6.8% to Coach McCarthy

Additionally, the Journal-Sentinel reports a telephone survey conducted Sunday & Monday and released Tuesday shows Favre's favorable ratings amongst Wisconsin residents taking a precipitous plunge... from the

"According to the poll, only 47% of those surveyed had a favorable view of Favre, while 34% had an unfavorable view.

That is a startling drop in support for the three-time most valuable player, who is perhaps the Packers’ greatest player ever. Last December, as Favre’s Packers were readying a playoff run that would take them to the NFC Championship Game, 73% of the people in Wisconsin had a favorable view of him and only 7% had an unfavorable view.
Favorable views of Favre were weakest in Green Bay (31%). In December, 82% of those surveyed in the Green Bay area had a favorable view of him."

Funny you said that Powerfun, I was going to say, did they hire Rove to give out negative ads towards Favre?

Even though I was jokingly thinking that, then I find out The Packers hired former press secretary for this admin, Ari Fleischer. So I fully expect a short-term feeding of BS to the fans who will buy into it, just to find out that the team has done every possible thing incorrectly and do it in a pathetic manner.

I know that Favre is the best selling jersey in the NFL. For a lower market team like this, showing disrespect to Favre and also his fans I can really see this hurting the team more than they can imagine on and off the field. I think they went from a likable team, to a team with a long history, but no soul. (They will always be strong in Wisconsin, but their appeal outsite it, has just been lost)I know I don't see myself buying any Packer merch.

I don't usually cheer for big powerful market teams, but I do feel this can be one of those times. J-e-t-s.

Return to “The Brig”