A.A.A.D.D.

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

A.A.A.D.D.

Post by Live365 » 05-03-2011 11:48 AM

Thought it might be time we could use a bit of a chuckle. Hope this helps.

Recently I was diagnosed with Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder (A.A.A.D.D.) This is how it manifests itself:

I decide to water the garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over to the car and decide it needs washing.

As I start toward the car, I notice mail on the porch that I brought from the mail box earlier.

I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can and notice that the can is full.

I decide to put the bills on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I’m going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in the desk in the study, so I go to the study and I find the can of Coke I’d been drinking.

I push the Coke aside so I don’t knock it over, but I see that it’s getting warm so I decide to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, I see a plant that needs water. I put my Coke on the counter and find my reading glasses that I’ve been looking for all morning. I decide I’d better put them in the desk but first I’m going to water the plant.

I set the glasses back on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote. I realize that tonight when we’re watching TV we won’t be able to find the remote, and I won’t remember that it’s on the kitchen table. I decide to put it in the den where it belongs, but first I’ll water the plant.

I pour water on the plant but spill some on the floor, so I set the remote back on the table and get towels to wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hallway trying to remember what I’d originally planned to do.

At the end of the day, the garden isn’t watered, the car isn’t washed, the garbage isn’t empty, the bills aren’t paid, I’m out of checks, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the plants are dry, I can’t find my glasses, I can’t find the remote, and I don’t know what I did with the car keys. And I’m baffled, because I was busy all day and I’m really tired.

I know this is serious and I need to call the doctor back. But first, I have to check E-mail….
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 05-03-2011 12:27 PM

I've been like this my whole life!
Anchors Aweigh!

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-03-2011 06:26 PM

Thanks Live, we all needed a good chuckle. :)

I spend my entire life backtracking around my house trying to figure what the hell I was doing.

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 05-10-2011 06:49 PM

is there a spy in my house?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Return to “The Brig”