'Snow' is a Four Letter Word

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

'Snow' is a Four Letter Word

Post by Riddick » 11-11-2013 09:22 PM

It's back! SE Wisconsin had its first measurable snowfall of the season today. Not enough to completely cover the ground, but enough to remind a person it won't be long before it becomes a regular routine landscape fixture for months to come.

While there are folks who welcome it, others see snow as nothing but a nuisance at best and a seasonal curse at worst - with the definitive derisive opinion expressed in this amusing Lou Grant rant!
Last edited by Riddick on 11-10-2018 09:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-12-2013 06:26 AM

:D - New England is getting their's this morning making the morning commute just a little stranger than usual.......

Riddick
Pirate

SE WI Saw Its 1st **** Of The Season Friday

Post by Riddick » 11-10-2018 09:08 PM

Last edited by Riddick on 10-31-2023 11:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Hate Snow? Join The Club

Post by Riddick » 11-11-2018 02:25 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re: 'Snow' is a Four Letter Word

Post by Riddick » 10-31-2023 11:07 PM

It's back! A good 2-3 inches or more. A white Halloween wasn't anything I was dreaming of. Far from it! I like living in Wisconsin but I'd like it better if it held off 'til December. I'm no winter wonderland fan. Let it snow somewhere else!!

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-01-2023 01:13 PM

I would rather have the snow, given a choice from the toxic air quality, that we have been putting up with for the last week!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-01-2023 11:19 PM

Doka wrote: ↑11-01-2023 01:13 PM I would rather have the snow, given a choice from the toxic air quality, that we have been putting up with for the last week!
I wouldn't trade ya. The snow we got's pretty much gone. Still, It's just another reminder winter's on its way. Like Daylike Saving Time ending this weekend. The sun setting before 5 sucks, but at least we get back the hour we lost in Spring

As much as snow on Halloween also sucks, my favorite oldies station switching over to all Christmas music the day after was an even more unpleasant surprise. At this rate I suppose my #2 fave will follow suit soon enuff.

Whatever happened to waiting 'til the day after Turkey Day? I tellya, Thanksgiving is the Rodney Dangerfield of holidays. It don't get no respect

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-02-2023 09:30 PM

For heavens sakes! I feel like there is so much going on, Are we all about ready to explode like a crystal goblet thrown against the wall! I didn't sign up for this sh#?. Did I? :x
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Stop The World, I Want To Get Off

Post by Riddick » 11-03-2023 12:54 AM

Doka wrote: ↑11-02-2023 09:30 PM For heavens sakes! I feel like there is so much going on, Are we all about ready to explode like a crystal goblet thrown against the wall! I didn't sign up for this sh#?. Did I? :x
I really can't recall a time so much sh!t could potentially hit the fan all at once. It's as if the sign up was automatic with no way to opt out. So much for "civilization" eh?

Best not to obsess over it. Another thing I'm doing is enjoying life more while there's still time. Not to excess, but I'm not depriving myself of simple pleasures. Like going to Burger King to catch a pro rasslin' premium live event on the Net Saturday afternoon.

I'm not sayin' I'll wake up some morning for the end of the world as we know it & feel fine. Yet having something to look forward to each day it DOESN'T end works for me.

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: 'Snow' is a Four Letter Word - Thank God It Melted In This Woke BS Conundrum!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-04-2023 11:37 PM

From Mrs. S @ X

It snowed last night...πŸŒ¨πŸŒ¨πŸŒ¨πŸŒ¨β„

8:00 am: I made a snowman.β›„
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbour complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two β›„β›„ snow men instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .
8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbour complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from BBC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.
By noon it all melted.

Moral:
There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become, all because of the snowflakes. β„β„β„β„β„β„πŸ˜£

Return to β€œThe Brig”