What did you last make??

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

Re: What did you last make??

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2016 11:32 AM

voguy wrote:What did I make? A mess.

Actually, for obvious reasons I've been eating out a lot. Today I had breakfast at one of those mom & pop diners, and for $5.99 got a 3 egg omelet, toast, juice, and coffee. Would have been $6.99 but i got a senior discount because I'm over 50. Woo hoo!!
Would you believe I was being asked if I wanted the senior discount before I was 40

So now, over a decade & a half later, they don't even ask anymore

At this rate I'll never live to be as old as I look
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-15-2016 03:13 PM

What amazes me is the little grey I have on the sides has gotten me more discounts than ever. That's fine. I'll take them.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-15-2016 06:27 PM

voguy wrote:What amazes me is the little grey I have on the sides has gotten me more discounts than ever. That's fine. I'll take them.
I was going gray at the temples by my mid to late 20's - By my late 30's the grey invaders were all over the map.

Still it ain't so bad, considering the discounts since then - Hey they ask they cast, so I earned it KnowhutImean!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-30-2016 01:28 AM

I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-30-2016 03:00 AM

The moment I knew I was old was when a clerk at a store I was shopping in advised me they were now offering senior discounts on the first Monday of every month. Huh? What? Then it hit home. And then I felt depressed as I realized the world was onto me. I'm old!

I just finished mixing my nightly vodka and Geritol. :D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-30-2016 07:52 AM

Happiest day of my life was when I hit 50. I qualified for senior discount. At the same time I adopted the position that I'm old and now have a reason to be a crabby old bastard.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-30-2016 11:08 AM

I just fixed a scrambled egg for breakfast .

I like the senior discounts. I don't have but a couple gray hairs(don't color my hair, or comb it very often for that matter! No one would know me if I did!)

What is bothering me at the moment is that I am losing my hearing, of which has led down the path of some really "Wacky" encounters and some very confused people. ::p
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-30-2016 04:58 PM

I have pretty good hearing yet. Not to say some stuff isn't prone to go in one ear and right out the other.

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Re:

Post by Riddick » 05-30-2016 05:00 PM

Dude111 wrote:I last made a glass of chocolate Milk :)
It's what makes life worth living, eh Dude??

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-30-2016 05:08 PM

I last made a meal of reheated leftovers from McDonalds and Taco Bell

Cheeseburger, breakfast and cheesy double beef burritos, spicy potato soft taco, and hash browns

My trouble is my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Even my leftover meals have leftovers!

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-30-2016 06:23 PM

Riddick wrote:I have pretty good hearing yet. Not to say some stuff isn't prone to go in one ear and right out the other.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My hearing ain't what it used to be either but the in one ear and out the other is definitely a positive.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 05-30-2016 06:31 PM

Today has been a breakfast day. #6 at MickeyD's (Sausage biscuit w/egg, hash brown, coffee). For noon a Jimmy Dean breakfast sammich. And just now eggs, bacon, and water. Oh well, I'll try lunch tomorrow.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2016 05:29 AM

I made two double fried egg with American cheese, bacon bits and ketchup sandwiches on white toast

That, an orange and lemon lime soda's my breakfast today

Living well like a true gourmand should

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-10-2016 10:08 AM

A breakfast of oatmeal. Just can't eat "Fancy" ALL, the time, like you Riddick! :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-10-2016 05:28 PM

Well, Doka, what can I say. A gourmet night here once again

Nothing says high living like a can of heat and eat beef stew!

That, canned peaches and root beer. Fit for a king, for sure.

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”