Any Body Watching The New "X Files"?

The Brig, for everything else. Pirates-at-large. Free booze.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Any Body Watching The New "X Files"?

Post by Doka » 01-28-2018 03:30 PM

All New Episodes

Wed at 8(pacific time) on Fox.

The Main theme is for Mulder and Scully is to find their son. And sometimes I just plain forget to tune in. Last week I remembered! AND was treated to one if the funniest episodes, I have ever seen. It revolved around the " Mandela Effect", of which this guy 'remembered " as the "Mengele Effect" (please excuse bad spelling?) The whole episode turned into a perfect "word play", that even Abbott and Costello would have approved of.

It is a fun show to watch,
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Re: Any Body Watching The New "X Files"?

Post by Riddick » 01-28-2018 05:27 PM

Are they continuing the global warming/climate change crap from last year's finale?

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultu ... al-warming
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-28-2018 08:18 PM

There are some "Zingers", but they seem to me, to be some on both sides........Maybe, I m just learning to accept my "Old Codger" selective hearing. :D
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-29-2018 01:25 PM

Doka wrote: 01-28-2018 08:18 PM There are some "Zingers", but they seem to me, to be some on both sides........Maybe, I m just learning to accept my "Old Codger" selective hearing. :D
Well, if you can stay tuned for a full hour without at any time feeling a need to switch stations due to PC anviliciousness, to me that says something.

I've yet to suffer any serious setbacks in the sound department, but to what extent a degree of hearing loss can be a benefit I guess I CAN pretend. Image
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-31-2018 06:44 AM

I've been watching as I can - or else I catch-up on demand. I did find the Mandela Effect episode hilarious. The episode for the week prior with Langly coming through was a good episode I thought
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 08-02-2018 02:52 PM

I think it's Season 9 that ends with the Cliff Hanger of some weird epidemic...people panicking in the streets...Mulder is dying but refuses help from CSM who seems to have a cure...someone is driving him somewhere to find his and Scully's son William who has the "Answer"

Yeah, I thought CSM had dies in Season 8 or something?

A bright light, UFO? is shining over Scully

The END!!

Next Season, Season 10, I think, opens as if the previous Season never happened...very confusing and annoying

I recorded the episodes to watch later but, I dunno, can't bring myself to watch them...the last one I did watch hinted, strongly, that Cancer Man CSM is actually the father of Scully's son.

WHAT???

Sorry if I've broken any Spoiler Alert Rules
"When they tell you not to Panic that's when you run!"

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-03-2018 02:13 AM

I haven't watched 10 yet but overall I thought Season 9 was more than decent, the Monster Of The Week eps being the best & as good or better than prior seasons

The CSM & CC/GW plot, THAT I could do without. Entertainment laced with not-so-subtle lectures on humanity's all too serious shortcomings? Sorry. Not my bag.

-Donald Trump Image

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 08-03-2018 02:40 AM

Riddick wrote: 08-03-2018 02:13 AM I haven't watched 10 yet but overall I thought Season 9 was more than decent, the Monster Of The Week eps being the best & as good or better than prior seasons

The CSM & CC/GW plot, THAT I could do without. Entertainment laced with not-so-subtle lectures on humanity's all too serious shortcomings? Sorry. Not my bag.
I liked the episode where the werewolf kept turning into a human man :D

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-03-2018 03:16 AM

maryals51 wrote: 08-03-2018 02:40 AM
Riddick wrote: 08-03-2018 02:13 AM I haven't watched 10 yet but overall I thought Season 9 was more than decent, the Monster Of The Week eps being the best & as good or better than prior seasons

I liked the episode where the werewolf kept turning into a human man :D
IIRC tho wolfy-like, wasn't the were-thing actually a humanoid alien lizard that had been bitten by a Earthman? Any case it's one of my faves from S10 - *turns out we had the numbering wrong, S9 was actually the last before the revival.

By contrast to the comedy in that ep the next one with the Band-Aid Nose Man ripping heads off was definitely disturbing and more graphic than anything I'd ever seen in an X-Files ep !! That said, it was still one of the better ones of the season AND of the entire series IMHO

-Donald Trump Image

maryals51
Pirate

Post by maryals51 » 08-03-2018 04:15 AM

Oh you're right, he was a big old lizard thing that kept turning into a human man.
Oooh the Garbage Man with the band aid on his nose! Well, remember when the first episodes of The X-Files were made. Nothing was graphic then!

Oh dear I'm getting a little confused now too as to which Season is this re-new of the X-Files.

A few years ago, TV Series started making "Mid Season Breaks" and that is so confusing! Remember when an entire Season, non stop, of a TV Series might have 20+ Episodes? It would run from early Fall thru Winter into Spring. Then Summer Hiatus during which time there would be re-runs and Summer Shows.

But now, a TV Series might have 6 or 7 episodes, take a mid-season break, then return a few months later..

And then, when the Season is over, it might be a full year before a new Season of a TV Series begins!

So, in short, I am totally confused as to which newest Season of The X-Files I've seen and which episodes I've recorded but haven't watched yet.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-04-2018 04:12 PM

So I watched the 1st episode of the latest season (11) & would you believe I thot it didn't suck? IMHO doing a Dallas turn by undoing S10's cliffhanger as a dream of Scully's would be a cheap way out IF that's all they did - But insofar it was a prophetic dream, it adds serious weight to Mulder & Scully's work on the X-Files

A lot going in the episode? No kidding!! --
35 Things We Learned In "My Struggle III"

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-05-2018 07:06 AM

Can always watch on-demand too........
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Changing Times

Post by Riddick » 08-05-2018 10:15 AM

kbot wrote: 08-05-2018 07:06 AM Can always watch on-demand too........
Remember how it was before the age of video players & recording, PCs, the Internet? Tube sets. Indoor/outdoor antennas. "TV Guide." Remotes? Maybe. Wireless? NOT!

To think we'd be able to watch what we want when we want was a dream then. Now with hand held devices you can watch your favorite shows during your daily stroll...

Just be careful at crossings. Look up & both ways or you may wind up under a bus.

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 08-05-2018 02:04 PM

Remember slide rules?

Or, for that matter - pencil and paper?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 08-05-2018 03:18 PM

Typewriters? Phone booths? ANY pay phone? What's next?

Daily print newspapers? (Not quite gone, but getting there)

Jobs? (It's only a while off yet before AI & robots take over)

Reality? (AI & bots run the real world & we all live virtually.)

Sounds like The Matrix to me.

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “The Brig”