Order of the Quest.

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

dominic777
Pirate

Order of the Quest.

Post by dominic777 » 09-24-2004 03:09 AM

'There exists in the world today, and has existed for thousands of years, a body of enlightened humans united in what might be termed, an Order of the Quest. It is composed of those whose intellectual and spiritual perceptions have revealed to them that civilization has secret destiny..

The outcome of this 'secret destiny' is a World Order ruled by a King with supernatural powers.

This King was descended of a divine race; that is, he belonged to the Order of the Illumined for those who come to a state of wisdom then belong to a family of heroes-perfected human beings.'
Does anyone know what being illumed actually means?
d777:cool:
the price of greatness is responsibility

dominic777
Pirate

Post by dominic777 » 09-25-2004 01:53 AM

maryals wrote: to give light to, illuminate. Hang on while I use my on-line dictionary some more for ya :)

Thats all well and good,but it does not tell us what we are being illuminated about..is it knowledge?,secret knowledge ?or something else!
d777;)

smadewell
Pirate

Post by smadewell » 10-22-2004 12:08 PM

I believe it means being illuminated as to the nature and purpose of the Order itself. Of course, like all secret orders, the lesser ranks are given a bunch of esoteric fluff to illumine the beknighted corners of their mind and to otherwise line the lofty pillows of comfort upon which they sit, so to speak. Only the folks at the highest of levels get the real scoop about the goings on of the Order and their ultimate aims, etc.
S.Madewell - "If the truth shall kill a man ... let him die!"

dominic777
Pirate

Post by dominic777 » 10-22-2004 04:45 PM

smadewell wrote: I believe it means being illuminated as to the nature and purpose of the Order itself. Of course, like all secret orders, the lesser ranks are given a bunch of esoteric fluff to illumine the beknighted corners of their mind and to otherwise line the lofty pillows of comfort upon which they sit, so to speak. Only the folks at the highest of levels get the real scoop about the goings on of the Order and their ultimate aims, etc.

thanx smadewell...any other ideas anyone
d777:)

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 10-22-2004 10:02 PM

in dolphin language it's codex
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”