Malachi Martin stirred many passions.

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-05-2002 10:43 AM

9er -- actually I am correct. When writing a list in a sentence you do not put a comma before the "and". The only exception appears to be when the list is comprises of lengthy (ie numerous terms) for each subject matter within the sentence. In some instances for complex sentence structure a semicolon can also be used to separate the groups. (English grammar: sentence structure)

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 05-08-2002 02:55 PM

Eliza_Nightvoice: Most of our heros do happen to be human, with feet of clay, and that is just fine with me! This was not at all implying anything derogatory about Malachi Martin, either, though just pointing out his human side, frailties which others here have apparently indicated by books written about the man, that's all. As to the veracity of those books and the real intent of those authors, I would have to say, "read the books" and then draw your own conclusions about the man, and the man who sought to correct many things within the Catholic Church, apparently.

I would then also refer Readers to the marvelous book and expose of things within the Catholic Church, a book we seldom hear anything about: 'IN GOD'S NAME', C. 1984, by David A. Yallop, which is an investigation into the murder of Pope John Paul I, and many many other things about involvements of Vatican bank and dealing in world-wide narcotics trades with other banks, etc. etc. etc. , and many corruptions and murders ensuing from the nefarious involvements of the P-2 Lodge, ostensibly Masonic, or fradulently-Masonic, depending on your take of the matter, and many machinations attesting to the powers involved in the makings of the New World Order.

So, others, besides Malachi Martin do have a proper focus, too, and yet very few Catholics appear to be willing to even discuss that book, perhaps not caring to even read it? I dunno.

Yallop's book was published in 1984, so that should have provided lots of time for many more Catholics the ability to have heard about his terrible exposes, and to have discussed it within the objectives of the worldwide Church. But such horrible things are oftentimes dismissed, as if people, readers, might think that the author just had an ax to grind....?!

I am just curious to know more, so that is why I do advocate reading books, pro and con on many matters.
Ninerism

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 05-12-2002 02:07 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Maryals said: "If I write a grocery list and fail to put a comma between the onions and the sugar, does that mean I'm saying onions and sugar are the same?"</font>
No, but it does means they are ALL groceries! That's why they are on the same list! (You don't lump "onions" "a new Buick" and "turtles" on your shopping list do you? Like is somehow grouped with Like.) So why pretend that this is not exactly what Anya45 intended to do here (like grouped with like).

Anyway, that's not even the point. And if I'm wrong, we will never know; she wrote what she wrote, then ran away like a sulking, little girl when we challenged her on it. Personally I couldn't care less what SHE opposes -I might very well oppose the "belief" that her particular "LIFESTYLE" is "acceptable.". But neither you Maryals, nor I, nor Niner run away when we disagree. I think we all respect each other even when we disagree.

Ach! I am really getting off topic now, but there it is. Image

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 12 May 2002).]

Captain Fantastic
DREAD PIRATE

Post by Captain Fantastic » 05-13-2002 07:39 PM

This topic has been transferred from the Father Malachi Martin Forum. Please continue discussion here.

As the Fr MM forum has a very narrow and specific focus - and was offered here on the Fantastic Forum for those folks who were displaced from the old C2C BBS - and serves as a research and discussion topic for that group - it is now designated as a private forum. There will no longer be general access to the FRMM topic thread.

Anyone is free to discuss religious/metaphysical topics in this thread - including Father Malachi Martin.

Hope this arrangement is satisfactory to all.

Thank you

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 05-14-2002 01:28 PM

Maryals: Actually what you are proposing is related to studies of rules of grammar, thought-processes, and even inferring things about sub-conscious mind, and you would be quite surprised how few folks take the time to truly analyze language usage.

I would ask you to discern the insights provided by Mercury here, and think how subject-matter place in certain contexts does or may provide an over-text of sub-conscious irrationality. Think about the juxtapositions and the true merits of such dubious classifications.

Am certain your husband is quite familiar with the need for proper classifications in context of scientific thinking. It does relate to other matters, too. Maybe you will think about this further?

Think of it this way: Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species.... and why science uses important classifications.... and why poor-thought structure will enhance certain prejudicial thought-patterns, too, when things are lumped together, commas, or no commas, the same prejudicial sub-conscious thinking prevails.

Keep ax-murders and rapists out of discussions and lumping-together other sorts of human beings. It is very faulty-thinking which is fraught with sub-conscious prejudices, am certain.

Ninerism

mac
Pirate

Post by mac » 05-16-2002 12:59 PM

*eyes glazing over*
Gwen, Tom and Pat - are you out there?

[This message has been edited by mac (edited 16 May 2002).]
The dregs at the bottom of my cereal bowel reminds me of hadrons.

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 05-16-2002 03:13 PM

Cardinal: Pope might step down
Only two days away from the pope’s 82nd birthday, a Roman Catholic cardinal suggested Thursday that the pontiff might step down if his poor health impairs his abilities

When and if this happens.. What would have Father Malachi Martin have to say.. I wonder.
Who's read his books?
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

eliza_nightvoice
Pirate

Post by eliza_nightvoice » 05-16-2002 07:28 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jeri sexton:
Cardinal: Pope might step down
Only two days away from the pope’s 82nd birthday, a Roman Catholic cardinal suggested Thursday that the pontiff might step down if his poor health impairs his abilities

When and if this happens.. What would have Father Malachi Martin have to say.. I wonder. Who's read his books?
</font>
The cardinal who made that statement is a potenial contender for the job. His statement sounded a lot like politicing to me. MM was into conspiracies. If he were writing now as a novelist on the situation, I'm sure he would have the main character "fall asleep" as did John Paul I and the hero ferreting out the "who done it."

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 05-17-2002 01:36 AM

Maryals: Think of it this way: While we are discussing Cardinals, ax-murderers, Popes and tyrants, we should understand that the meek will inherit the Earth. What do you think that convoluted sentence suggests? I would think it was a monstrous sort of collection of ideas and implications, wouldn't you? I could do much better, though perhaps you can glean the drift, now....? Classifications of subject-matters are kinda important, really.

Oh, by the way, all I was "meaning" by that sentence was the all kinds of people exist -- or something else entirely different?! "Fun" with language, eh, and at who's expense, we must ask ourselves.

Ninerism

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 05-17-2002 09:55 AM

I am tickled by your throwing the pope in with types of criminals. Image

TomG
Pirate

Post by TomG » 05-17-2002 09:10 PM

Mac, we're still out here, but seldom journey this way. In fact, I think my name and password have been blown off the ship.

I have little use for all the discussion going on here now. I'm just researching prophecy and the next pole shift on my own.

Do you have something you want to discuss that might lend itself better to less verbose posts? (Sorry, couldn't resist, I guess the gods of this forum will come crushing down on my ad hominate, now.)

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 05-17-2002 09:57 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">TomG said: "I guess the gods of this forum will come crushing down on my ad hominate, now."</font>
Not at all. Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Martius.
No heretics will be burnt at the stake here...

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 17 May 2002).]

mac
Pirate

Post by mac » 05-17-2002 11:13 PM

Tom! I knew you'd surface.
Do you still have that web based email address of mine? If not, I tested the email address that is listed for my Fantastic Forum Profile. Just click on the icon, and send an email to me. Need to email you something.

Regards.
The dregs at the bottom of my cereal bowel reminds me of hadrons.

TomG
Pirate

Post by TomG » 05-17-2002 11:26 PM

Mercury..... my sins???? I didn't think I was confessing.?!?

[This message has been edited by TomG (edited 17 May 2002).]

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 05-17-2002 11:54 PM

TomG, it was just a joke. After all, you did say "I guess the gods of this forum will come crushing down on my ad hominate" right...? And now, thanks to me, you have been given absolution and will receive full immunity from the wrath of any crashing gods! So, "vadite in pacem" Image

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”