Words of Wisdom

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Neptoon
Pirate

Words of Wisdon

Post by Neptoon » 06-07-2006 11:30 AM

Asl-i-Kullu'l-Khayr (Words of Wisdom)

In the Name of God, the Exalted, the Most High.

The source of all good is trust in God, submission unto His command, and contentment with His holy will and pleasure.

The essence of wisdom is the fear of God, the dread of His scourage and punishment, and the apprehension of His justice and decree.

The essence of religion is to testify unto that which the Lord hath revealed, and follow that which He hath ordained in His mighty book.

The source of all glory is acceptance of whatsoever the Lord hath bestowed, and contentment with that which God hath ordained.

The essence of love is for man to turn his heart to the Beloved One, and sever himself from all else but Him, and desire naught save that which is the desire of his Lord.

True remembrance is to make mention of the Lord, the All-Praised, and forget aught else beside Him.

True reliance is for the servant to pursue his profession and calling in this world, to hold fast unto the Lord, to seek naught but His grace, inasmuch as in His Hands is the destiny of all His servants.

The essence of detachment is for man to turn his face towards the courts of the Lord, to enter His Presence, behold His Countenance, and stand as witness before Him.

The essence of understanding is to testify to one's poverty, and submit to the Will of the Lord, the Sovereign, the Gracious, the All-Powerful.

The source of courage and power is the promotion of the Word of God, and steadfastness in His Love.

The essence of charity is for the servant to recount the blessings of his Lord, and to render thanks unto Him at all times and under all conditions.

The essence of faith is fewness of words and abundance of deeds; he whose words exceed his deeds, know verily his death is better than his life.

The essence of true safety is to observe silence, to look at the end of things and to renounce the world.

The beginning of magnanimity is when man expendeth his wealth on himself, on his family and on the poor among his brethren in his Faith.

The essence of wealth is love for Me; whoso loveth Me is the possessor of all things, and he that loveth Me not is indeed of the poor and needy. This is that which the Finger of Glory and Splendour hath revealed.

The source of all evil is for man to turn away from his Lord and set his heart on things ungodly.

The most burning fire is to question the signs of God, to dispute idly that which He hath revealed, to deny Him and carry one's self proudly before Him.

The source of all learning is the knowledge of God, exalted be His Glory, and this cannot be attained save through the knowledge of His Divine Manifestation.

The essence of abasement is to pass out from under the shadow of the Merciful and seek the shelter of the Evil One.

The source of error is to disbelieve in the One true God, rely upon aught else but Him, and flee from His Decree.

True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self.

The essence of all that We have revealed for thee is Justice, is for man to free himself from idle fancy and imitation, discern with the eye of oneness His glorious handiwork, and look into all things with a searching eye.

Thus have We instructed thee, manifested unto thee Words of Wisdom, that thou mayest be thankful unto the Lord, thy God, and glory therein amidst all peoples.

Bahá’u’lláh

rolede
Pirate

Some things are not what they pretend to be

Post by rolede » 06-08-2006 10:25 PM

Steven Scholl
When I received a letter from a Baha'i Continental Counsellor indicating that I was under threat of being declared a Covenant-breaker, the impact on me personally was less than on my family. My wife is a Baha'i as are many of her family members, . . . The very real threat of being declared a Covenant breaker meant my wife had to face the decision of joining me as a heretic or divorcing me so that she could maintain her relationships with her family and other lifelong friends. Since [my wife] had no intention of divorcing me, the choices then extended out to her family. Her sister would not refuse to socialize with us so she would automatically be declared a covenant breaker along with her husband and children. Many of my close Baha'i friends would also be faced with the decision of maintaining friendships or joining me as a heretic. The whole thing is absurd and quite medieval. But it does raise the issue which you point out so well; how anyone would want to belong to a group which is willing to act this way and be so cruel is beyond me. That is why I voluntarily left the religion. Not in order to escape punishment but because the Baha'i community had become such an unhealthy place spiritually. I was terribly saddened that my spiritual home of 25 years had turned into a prison and nightmare.
One in four people is unbalanced; think of
three friends-if they seem okay-you're it

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.

Neptoon
Pirate

Post by Neptoon » 06-09-2006 04:16 PM

ON CALUMNY

This dark power has always endeavoured to extinguish the light. Tyranny has ever sought to overcome justice. Ignorance has persistently tried to trample knowledge underfoot. This has, from the earliest ages, been the method of the material world.

Our methods are different, we do not attack, neither calumniate; we do not wish to dispute with them; we bring forth proofs and arguments; we invite them to confute our statements. They cannot answer us, but instead, they write all they can think of against the Divine Messenger, Bahá'u'lláh.

--Abdu'l-Baha (Paris Talks)

rolede
Pirate

Not so

Post by rolede » 06-09-2006 06:41 PM

If they dare to dispute anything, they are shunned, and, ldisparaged.
This Farse is nothing more than another MIND CONTROL CULT

Neptoon
Pirate

Post by Neptoon » 06-09-2006 07:31 PM

Colors become visible in every object according to the nature
of that object. For instance, in a yellow globe, the rays shine yellow;
in a white the rays are white; and in a red, the red rays are manifest.
Then these variations are from the object, not from the shining light.
And if a place be shut away from the light, as by walls or a roof, it
will be entirely bereft of the splendor of the light, nor will the sun
shine thereon.

Thus it is that certain invalid souls have confined the lands of
knowledge within the wall of self and passion, and clouded them with
ignorance and blindness, and have been veiled from the light of the
mystic sun and the mysteries of the Eternal Beloved; they have strayed
afar from the jewelled wisdom of the lucid Faith of the Lord of
Messengers, have been shut out of the sanctuary of the All-Beauteous
One, and banished from the Ka'bih of splendor. Such is the worth of
the people of this age!

Baha'u'llah, The Seven Valleys and the Four Valleys

rolede
Pirate

Post by rolede » 06-09-2006 07:42 PM

And so it came to pass, in the absence of logical response to the negative issues raised, esoteric bable was used in response to avoid addressing the issue.

In other words, the response was just a lot of empty Gas that conveyed nothing.

But perhaps, upon reflection, an appropiate response from one who identifies with a gasous planet that lacks any solid substance.

Neptoon
Pirate

Re: Reply

Post by Neptoon » 06-10-2006 11:33 AM

rolede wrote: And so it came to pass, in the absence of logical response to the negative issues raised, esoteric bable was used in response to avoid addressing the issue.

In other words, the response was just a lot of empty Gas that conveyed nothing.

But perhaps, upon reflection, an appropiate response from one who identifies with a gasous planet that lacks any solid substance.

I have to applaud your humorous and clever ad hominem attack. Well done. I will say, however, that this is the last time I will address your contentiousness, for arguing religion, to me, is anathema.

Why would someone expect not to be shunned by a community when the very foundation upon which its structure rests is actively disputed and contended with, or who asserts his own opinion as authoritative? If I don’t believe in something, I’m free leave a body of believers and to associate with those who believe as I do. Your numerous internet links and anecdotal stories are evidence that some who claim to be Baha’is have done just that.

You’ve indicated that you are an atheist, and so I wouldn’t expect you to regularly attend Sunday Mass, unless your motive was nefarious, in which case I believe the parishioners would eventually ask you to leave, and at some point, demand it.

Here is a photo of some cultish, non-shunned, mind-controlled Baha’is in front of the Baha’i Lotus Temple in New Delhi, India (I don’t know if they’ve yet received Doctorate degrees).

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 06-10-2006 12:26 PM

Rolede, Neptoon doesn't want to play with you anymore. Please don't harass him any further here. You've made your point many times. He doesn't have to argue with you if he doesn't want to. He's equally free to ignore you. Frankly, your cut 'n paste posts and repetitious anti-spiritual rants are getting boring. You need some new material. Try a more positive tack for a few posts. That might help. Or take some time off.

Neptoon, I fixed the typo in your thread title.

-Dale
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-10-2006 12:40 PM

Thank you, Dale. I couldn't agree more.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Neptoon
Pirate

Post by Neptoon » 06-10-2006 12:50 PM

Neptoon, I fixed the typo in your thread title.

[Embarrassed] Thanks. [/Embarrassed]

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”