What would Jesus say about what is happening to marriage in

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-22-2004 12:42 AM

Prideful (isn't pride a sin?) and "holier than thou" unfriendly tactics never convert anyone to anything, except to anger, or to tune that person out.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 07-22-2004 06:28 AM

Lakeshore wrote: I am simply doing what I am commanded to do. Spread the truth even if that means being called every dirty name imaginable.

Has anybody called you anything other than what you claim to be?

I think you are the one who calls names, and we already have a user name of Sinner on this board. He's the only Sinner, as far as I know.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

pyrite
Pirate

Post by pyrite » 07-22-2004 11:59 PM

Marriages should always be between a man and a woman as God originally intended. """

since marriages used to be between a man and multiple wives/concubines...this statement is not even accurate....but, if you need guilt and shame to bind you to your version of god thru fear , you are welcome to it...i prefer to stand proud, make my way, and learn as i go...no shame or guilt involved...and i am not afraid of your god.....i am complete as i am,yet constantly learning and growing spiritually...no external organisation exerting control over my life is necessary....no man made god images are necessary......no abusive man like god thing is welcome into my life...

same sex marriage?.....for me its not even an issue....i believe love defines a relationship....not some little black book.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 07-23-2004 12:37 AM

This is insane, if you haven't figured it out by now, people are going to do what they WANT to do. No matter what "your" penalties are. Some one will always be in the wrong. This is part of why Thousands of years of wars still go on today. "I say your wrong".. "No I'm not"

Even the most devout "Christians" commit sin... Hello Catholioc Church?? So why even discuss this..LEAVE EVERYONE ALONE..let them be with the man, men, woman, or women of their choosing. <No any smart arses out there..No I don't think you can include children and animals in this statement>

This just seems ENORMOUSLY silly to me..how about DRUGS, Border Patrol, affordable Health Care, Economic issues, Mental Health care, EDUCATION, ENVIRONMENT, Homeland security...how about we focus on those and other ridiculously more important issues....

What would Jesus have to say about the so called "War on drugs"??
Wiggle your big toe.

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 07-23-2004 04:56 AM

Sheesh, Lakeshore ... is this whole gay marriage debate still bothering you? You continue to bring it up, knowing what answers you'll receive so I can only guess that you're very curious.

Let's just get it over with. I'll meet you somewhere, we'll have a quickie, then you can put the curiosity question behind you once and for all. Hey, its high time you get in touch with your feminin side.

Now, you should know, that I'm not a lesbian (played in the minors, never went pro), but I don't think any of my lesbian friends could stand your condescening attitude toward other humans, so I'll have to do this favor for you myself. Where do you want to meet?

Oy.

:rolleyes:

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 07-23-2004 07:49 AM

I think he might say "couples should be more commited to one another and their families"
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Lakeshore
Pirate

Post by Lakeshore » 07-23-2004 08:32 AM

Isn't it interesting that many people agree that the best form for a family is having a loving male father and a loving female mother for all children? This recipe just happens to work. There is no believable argument agaist this "recipe." My advice to young people is DO WHAT WORKS in the long run.

Our society is SOOOOOOOOOOO messed up, however, that having a loving father and mother for each child is sadly not the case. We all end up doing what we can in the situation we are in.

But to promote homosexual unions and say that they can be the same as heterosexual unions and that they can do just as good a job raising children is just not true. The living examples these people are providing is unhealthy - and in the long run they do not "work" at all as well as the living examples provided by a father and a mother.

My advice to the young: DO WHAT WORKS. DON'T DO WHAT JUST FEELS GOOD AT THE MOMENT. DON'T BE STUPID!
"Where there is a Plan, there is a Planner. Where there is a Planner, there is a Purpose." ~ A Coast-to-coastam scientist/guest commenting on the great order (Plan) of the Universe...

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 07-23-2004 09:10 AM

I see you're writing in red Lakeshore' sorta like in the bible when it's to mean that is the word of Jesus' :)

Here's a link to some important laws ..
I didn't see anything about gay marriages, but maybe i missed it, could you point it out for me, plez.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.htm

and your bottom line in red ...
"My advice to the young: DO WHAT WORKS. DON'T DO WHAT JUST FEELS GOOD AT THE MOMENT. DON'T BE STUPID!"

ok'
;)
YOUR EMAIL BOUCES PLEASE FIX IT or DO NOT subscribe to email notices.

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 07-23-2004 09:37 AM

Good link jeri sexton

CindyLouWho (played in the minors, never went pro)
:) :)

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 07-23-2004 09:38 AM

(played in the minors, never went pro)

LOL..BTW, nice use of a quote from Coyote Ugly Miss Lou Who:D
Wiggle your big toe.

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 07-23-2004 05:59 PM

Originally posted by CindyLouWho
Let's just get it over with. I'll meet you somewhere, we'll have a quickie, then you can put the curiosity question behind you once and for all. Hey, its high time you get in touch with your feminin side.

Now, you should know, that I'm not a lesbian (played in the minors, never went pro) Where do you want to meet?
:rolleyes:

Dear, dear, my precious Cindy, I do support you in your explorations of ecstatic feminine joys. Should you want to explore the conjugal rites of lesbian initiation, I would love to share my mirror with you, two-way of course, and a safe place to harbor your new-found partner's thresholds into woman-to-woman love, with or without participation or known presence.

What greater joy could there be than discovering the ecstacy at the core of your being reflected deliciously in the smiling heart of another?

~ All moments conveyed through this mirror are more delightful than they seem.
Simply step right through the looking glass for ecstacies to the extreme.
~
Last edited by Panache on 07-23-2004 06:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 07-23-2004 07:33 PM

CindyLouWho wrote: Where do you want to meet?
CindyLouHotPants! I am shocked! I thought I was you FF girlfriend! <crying>

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 07-23-2004 11:37 PM

mudwoman wrote: CindyLouHotPants! I am shocked! I thought I was you FF girlfriend! <crying>
ROFLMAO!! Of course you are, sister!!!

Its not really cheating, its educating (along w/ some sarcasm) since Lakeshore apparently thinks homosexuality has only to do with whether 2 people are touching vaginas and penises.

:)

Stop crying!!! You ARE my FFGF (along with many others, hehe).

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-23-2004 11:58 PM

Government needs to be smaller, and to adhere closer to the Constitution. We do not want government in our private lives in the matter of marriage any more than we want them taking away our guns. It's not good when government gets too big, or too powerful.

Should you have the right to marry the one you love? Of course you should!

Would Jesus want to put your rights to marry into the hands of the State? I can't imagine Him doing that, no. During his time on earth was he for the underdog? Yes. Was he for the State? No.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 07-24-2004 12:08 AM

Iris wrote: Would Jesus want to put your rights to marry into the hands of the State? I can't imagine Him doing that, no. During his time on earth was he for the underdog? Yes. Was he for the State? No.

Excellent point, Iris! I agree with this whole heartedly.

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”