IMMORTALITY will be a Reality!

General religion and metaphysics topics

Moderator: Super Moderators

shecoda
Pirate

Post by shecoda » 09-27-2004 11:25 PM

Truthfully Dom I in no way believe that the human race is emotionally ready for immortality. I believe that a much, much longer life span is going to be a reality in another few generations, and hopefully we as a collective consciousness will have the wisdom and maturity to handle this extended lifespan. But I think death by accident, even illness will always be a reality in the physical realms. I personally think death always must remain an option. There are fates worse than death.

dominic777
Pirate

Post by dominic777 » 09-28-2004 04:20 AM

quote;The worst problem facing the human race today is the inability of many, many people to think for themselves. So many people buy the party line, the dogma of whatever they believe that they never spend anytime thinking why a thing is true or not true. This gives some leaders, religions, cults, etc much more power than they should ever have over large segments of the population.

Get rid of all Religions and you would negate all fanaticism..all insanity
d77
:cool:
the price of greatness is responsibility

shecoda
Pirate

Post by shecoda » 09-29-2004 09:13 PM

dominic777 wrote: quote;The worst problem facing the human race today is the inability of many, many people to think for themselves. So many people buy the party line, the dogma of whatever they believe that they never spend anytime thinking why a thing is true or not true. This gives some leaders, religions, cults, etc much more power than they should ever have over large segments of the population.

Get rid of all Religions and you would negate all fanaticism..all insanity
d77
:cool:

Dom I totally agree with the first part of your statement. With one slight caveat. I don't think of as the inability of many, many people to think for themselves. I don't consider this an inability. I consider it people being too lazy to think for themselves. Or perhaps selfish. It is just easier to not think. - Now I'm going to get sarcastic here.- After all why should anybody think for themselves when someone else can do it for them?

I wish getting rid of all religions would negate all fanaticism. All it would really eliminate is religious fanaticism. Unfortunately fanatics will always be with us. But consider this. Some of the heretics and fanatics of yesteryear were pushing ideas and thoughts about that are accepted science today. But I agree with you about religions for the most part.

I think perhaps the part of your statement should read (paraphrase) negate all rationalized insanity.

I actually have no problem with the idea of religion in its purist form, i.e. the worship of God with all the high ideals a religion can have. And religion can be a comfort to many. But when the messages are subverted to serve mankind and specifically the control of the masses by religious leaders, I have a problem with it.

Dom may I suggest something to you? Pick up one of the Conservations With God Books by Neale Donald Walsch. Even if there is no real message in the book for you, I think you might find some of the concepts will help you in your journey to enlighten and convince people of the validity of your message. I suggest the first one, Conversations With God. The concept that any one of us can hold a conversation with God and receive answers from God without the intervention of a theologian is truly fascinating. And one the established theologic community of any organized religion doesn't want us to know.

dominic777
Pirate

Post by dominic777 » 09-30-2004 08:16 AM

Dom may I suggest something to you? Pick up one of the Conservations With God Books by Neale Donald Walsch. Even if there is no real message in the book for you, I think you might find some of the concepts will help you in your journey to enlighten and convince people of the validity of your message. I suggest the first one, Conversations With God. The concept that any one of us can hold a conversation with God and receive answers from God without the intervention of a theologian is truly fascinating. And one the established theologic community of any organized religion doesn't want us to know. [/B][/QUOTE]

thankyou for your comments shecoda.
the concept that any one of us can hold a conversation with God and receive answers from God without the intervention of a theologian

God in my mind is infinite harmonics , infinite sound..therefore the only way to hold a conversation with Gog is to be of the same harmonic, you do not need the intervention of a theologian, but you need a person who has a higher level of harmonics(consciousness)
Secondly , there are many fanatics but the real malevolence, wars etc. come from religious fanatics..........who suffer from Pride , Unreality.and hate, this creates disordered reasoning..insanity mode.
d777

shecoda
Pirate

Post by shecoda » 09-30-2004 11:12 AM

I totally agree with you about the damage the religious fanatics have done throughout the centuries. And of course the true fanatic is very dangerous. Do you realize the new converts to any religion generally become religious fanatics. I was listening to a report on Johnny Walker Lind the American "Iraqi" who is now in prison for treason. He says that he is a better Muslim than most other Muslim's, even though they were born into the religion. And if he wasn't fanatical before, he is a lot worse now.

As far as God being Harmonic. We are all harmonic. We all vibrate and if we had delicate enough senses, we would hear everyone's and everything's unique vibrational sound. When we speak we use harmonics, light shimmering off our personal vibrations causing our physical form to be visible is a type of harmonics. Light is harmonics. So is the visible form. And that makes a conversation with God totally within the realm of acceptability. A harmonic consciousness would have to come down (so to speak) to our level of harmonics, and why wouldn't that be totally possible? If we were truly created by this higher Harmonic why wouldn't that Harmonic want to keep in touch with it's creations? I personally have entered a wall and a rock with my consciousness, the rock and the wall being lower (steadier) forms of harmonics. I lowered my harmonics to be a part of theirs. After all, one only has to listen to the music to be soothed or excited by it. How it was written, what actual movements were used to play the instrument, how the recording studio works, how sounds are actually recorded onto a disc or vynal is not knowledge that is neccessary to know to be able to enjoy the music. So it is with our understanding of All That Is. I guess you could say that all Being is harmonics.

As an aside the exercise of entering steadier forms was part of a course I took on expanding the consciousness. In a sense I became one with the stone. I vibrated in harmony with the stone. The Harmony that Is God would lower to our level to commune with us. And why not? If God is love why wouldn't that being want to commune with us? Why wouldn't God want that love returned.

dominic777
Pirate

Post by dominic777 » 10-02-2004 05:30 PM

shecoda wrote: I totally agree with you about the damage the religious fanatics have done throughout the centuries. And of course the true fanatic is very dangerous. Do you realize the new converts to any religion generally become religious fanatics. I was listening to a report on Johnny Walker Lind the American "Iraqi" who is now in prison for treason. He says that he is a better Muslim than most other Muslim's, even though they were born into the religion. And if he wasn't fanatical before, he is a lot worse now.

As far as God being Harmonic. We are all harmonic. We all vibrate and if we had delicate enough senses, we would hear everyone's and everything's unique vibrational sound. When we speak we use harmonics, light shimmering off our personal vibrations causing our physical form to be visible is a type of harmonics. Light is harmonics. So is the visible form. And that makes a conversation with God totally within the realm of acceptability. A harmonic consciousness would have to come down (so to speak) to our level of harmonics, and why wouldn't that be totally possible? If we were truly created by this higher Harmonic why wouldn't that Harmonic want to keep in touch with it's creations? I personally have entered a wall and a rock with my consciousness, the rock and the wall being lower (steadier) forms of harmonics. I lowered my harmonics to be a part of theirs. After all, one only has to listen to the music to be soothed or excited by it. How it was written, what actual movements were used to play the instrument, how the recording studio works, how sounds are actually recorded onto a disc or vynal is not knowledge that is neccessary to know to be able to enjoy the music. So it is with our understanding of All That Is. I guess you could say that all Being is harmonics.

As an aside the exercise of entering steadier forms was part of a course I took on expanding the consciousness. In a sense I became one with the stone. I vibrated in harmony with the stone. The Harmony that Is God would lower to our level to commune with us. And why not? If God is love why wouldn't that being want to commune with us? Why wouldn't God want that love returned.

thanx shecoda , interesting reply, I will reply fully tomorrow
d:)

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-02-2004 05:33 PM

Immortality won't be a reality on my budget any time soon. This will be like everything else -- the rich will reap the benefits; the poor will die. That alone should keep things from becoming too overcrowded.

Shecoda -- neat post! :)
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Return to “Religion/Metaphysics”