Lord Moon
Pirate

Rumours of US Troop Mutinies in Iraq...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-05-2005 12:10 PM

Rumours Of US
Troops Mutinies In Iraq
Wayne Madsen Report
9-5-5

US Embassy in Baghdad inquires into reports that American troops in Iraq have mutinied against their officers. WMR has learned that the US embassy in Baghdad is checking into reports that U.S. troops in Iraq, including National Guardsmen, Army and Marine Corps Reserves, and regular military troops from Louisiana and Mississippi, have mutinied against their officers and are demanding to be immediately sent back home to help their families. It is not known whether the reported mutinies involve physical violence. The reports of rebellions among U.S. troops are filtering out of the Green Zone and at Baghdad International Airport from Iraqis who are working alongside their American counterparts at both locations.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-05-2005 12:46 PM

it would appear its all starting to come apart.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-05-2005 12:46 PM

Will thiese actions make the situation better... or worse?

Each of us would have to be in those shoes.

Clearly, the soldiers feel that their present situation is absurd.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 09-05-2005 12:50 PM

Corvid, these men should be allowed to return home, IMO. But I now believe more than ever that its time to bring them all home.

My husband has been saying since we went over there, we can't bail out on Iraq now. But yesterday he said, enough, we need to start taking care of our own. And I am hearing that more and more from many people.

Bring them home. We need them here.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-05-2005 01:10 PM

SETIsLady,

It is becoming clear that no real "victory" in Iraq can be achieved. The mission is impossible.

The Soviets finally figured that out in Afghanistan.

The French finally figured that out in Viet Nam and in Algeria.

The Brits finally figured that out in Palestine. (Not to mention India but that was a bit different thanks to Ghandi).

The United States finally figured that out in Viet Nam.

One must assume that our current "administration" knows nothing of history.

I think that your husband is absolutely correct.

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 09-05-2005 01:23 PM

While this certainly seems plausible, even expected, do we have another source for this story?

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 09-05-2005 01:47 PM

I heard on the news that the commander (don't know who that is) has stated that the moral of approx. 300 is very bad and they cannot do their job in Iraq while they are worried about their families so he is sending them home. Prolly a coverup to the mutiny and they don't want Bush to look bad.

Lord Moon
Pirate

Mr. Bush and the rest of his so called advisors...

Post by Lord Moon » 09-05-2005 03:16 PM

Corvid, yes the war won't be won because it can't be won..

Mr. Bush and his so-called avisors already know this..

Mr. Bush will never admit this because it will jeapordize his political agenda. Now that Rehnquist is ended, Mr. Bush has the opportunity to make sure that intelligent design is taught on an equal footing to evolution, abortion can be banned and America can become a god fearing country once again, with a heavy emphasis on "fear".

That political agenda is far too important a thing to be jeaopordized because the people find out about what's going on in Iraq..

Return to “Iraq”