2000 Sacrificed to The Order of Death Cult

War, News and Stories of Iraq

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fred_Vobbe
Pirate

Post by Fred_Vobbe » 10-26-2005 06:32 AM

Mudwoman, and others. This is a post from one of the reporter forums.

Date:Tue 10/25/2005 9:47 PM
RE: West, Becherer, West, Herford, Becherer, Pfc. Smith & Parks

Today is a sad day for all of us in many ways. Today marks the passing of the 2000th young American lost in the sands of the middle East in the name of declaring the holiness of Democracy and the American way. It also marks the passing of an American woman who stood up for a simple principle by remaining seated and thereby started a movement that not even a bloody civil war could start. If anyone like MS West has trouble with my calling MS Rosa Parks a genuine American hero or, for that matter, any of our 2000 youngsters, heroes please stop reading this now.

As for MS West's much vaunted sense of smell, allow me to discuss the fragrance of dead rat that my nose detects in today's room.

Rarely have I read a more personal, out of control attack on someone than MS West's on MS Miller. I'm tempted to refer to MS West as "Carrie Annie" except I do not know her nor have I ever met her, so I have no right to do so. Isn't it odd that MS West, in what my nose tells me, is an effort to dehumanize MS Miller, refers to MS Miller as Judy? Her letter makes implicit that she does not know Judith Miller, otherwise she'd probably understand MS Miller's reasons for doing what she did. Perhaps MS West's pettiness might disappear if she gets on the horn with her literary agent and sells a book for a million bucks. Perhaps the opus might be called something like "Judy Miller: An American Traitor."

As Tom Becherer says "principle is principle". Why, but for the sake of petty professional jealousy, should Carrie Annie (oops - sorry) rather, MS West write such a puerile raging rant?

I'm also curious to know just what it is that MS West knows about things like WMD. She claims MS Miller's work on WMD to be "appalling". If MS West knows more than any of us know about WMD, it is her duty, to paraphrase her, to tell us the truth.

What seems to apply here is the need for simplicity. If "Scooter" Libby released Judith Miller from her sworn duty to protect her sources, then let him or his lawyer produce written documentation of it. It is not a case of "He said, she said." That release MUST be presented in written form. I've seen no evidence of this, instead, what I've seen is one of Cheney's weasels sitting back silently and allowing someone who is protecting him to rot in jail for eighty odd days. One other simplistic need, is to understand that standing up for a principle is NOT complicated; it simply requires that someone have the guts to say "no" at a given point in time.

I mourn the destruction of 2000 of the flower of our youth and I also grieve at the passing of a person who had to remain seated. I do not mean to imply, by the above, that I think that Judith Miller is a hero. I think that, in all likelihood, MS Miller is a person of principles...it is that simple. All the rest is a lot of "sound and fury, signifying Nothing."

Jeff David, New York City
scientia quod ethics super ususfructus

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 10-26-2005 09:48 AM

Bellisima wrote: You two make such a cute couple!

:D

But when do I get to go on all you adorable Lib couples??

Okay, Aussiegirl. I'll consider your point. But I won't be turning my back on your *imaginary* Red Menace any time soon. Meanwhile, back ath the Taliban.....

:D
(still chuckling, Bell).
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Return to “Iraq”