Moderator: Super Moderators

Paladin
Banned

New Documents Reveal Saddam Hid WMD, Was Tied to Al Qaida

Post by Paladin » 11-17-2005 11:28 AM

http://www.newsmax.com/scripts/printer_ ... 2915.shtml

Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2005 12:15 p.m. EST

New Documents Reveal Saddam Hid WMD, Was Tied to Al Qaida

Recently discovered Iraqi documents now being translated by U.S. intelligence analysts indicate that Saddam Hussein's government made extensive plans to hide Iraq's weapons of mass destruction before the U.S. invasion in March 2003 - and had deep ties to al Qaida before the 9/11 attacks.

The explosive evidence was discovered among "millions of pages of documents" unearthed by the Iraq Survey Group weapons search team, reports the Weekly Standard's Stephen Hayes.

Now before the liberal junta comes and discredits the source, yada yada yada, I know that it comes from NewsMax.com Which isn't the unbiased media you get from the good folks over at prisonplanet.com or capitolhill.com, or rawstory.com, but it is interesting.

Wait and see?
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-18-2005 07:06 AM

I really doubt this story, I have read the "found" items & most are dated "pre invasion" the rest have no dates. There is no date when these documents were found. Not to mention this is coming from the "Weekly Standard" who has a board member on the PNAC.

One more thing, Bush and Cheney are being pounded about no WMDs being found and manipulation of intelligence. If some thing were found we would have heard it directly from them, or at least Fox News. Not a peep.

I don't buy it, I have not only read this article I have looked for other sources of which there are none.

If I am wrong I will more than happy to admit it.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 11-18-2005 07:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-18-2005 08:31 AM

We shall see about the truth or falsity of this “new evidence” soon enough. But I do not trust the evidence provided by any agency of the Amerikan Government at this point, much less evidence provided by “the Iraq Survey Group weapons search team,” whatever that is. The bottom line is that, even if Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction in his possession, he did not use them in March of 2003 to protect his regime (which failure to respond indicates quite strongly that he did not have them at all) and that all attempts to date to link his regime to Al-Qaida have failed to hold up under scrutiny. It certainly seems to me that this news article is just another piece of Government-sponsored disinformation designed to string along the fascist collaborationists, including those who post so loudly and yet so meaninglessly on The Fantastic Forum.

Regardless of the truth or falsity of the information presented in the article, the die has already been cast. America is going to be leaving Iraq, either by a quick planned withdrawal or as the result of a mass insurgent effort that drives its forces out. If the exit does not occur by the former method, then it will occur by the latter method, but in either case it will occur. Of course, the testimony of history is that one cannot merely leave the field of battle and call the engagement an honorable draw. When one pulls back, one’s enemy chases in hot pursuit to finish him off. America knows this. It knew this when it engaged itself in Vietnam, and it knew this when it engaged itself in Iraq. Such are the fortunes of war. Vae victis!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-18-2005 11:45 AM

I have also posted a link to the article in other threads.

Remember numerous times there has been mentions of papers of information found by our US soldiers and our allies that were being translated. It has been reported in numerous news sources - from Washington Post to New York Times to others.

I do not doubt that Saddam had WMDs and I do not doubt that they were hidden or moved. There is far too much evidence that shows it to be true. The question of WHEN they were removed is still a big factor. We know based on numerous reports that Saddam still had not complied to UN sanctions - after 12 yrs.

===
Joe -- we will leave Iraq when the Iraqi are capable of taking over - which they ARE in process of doing. Their military units have increased in number and in activity (not talking insurgeants) and the people will be voting for their own government very soon. We will not RUN away or pull out immediately.

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 11-19-2005 05:41 PM

when has it become politically correct for the u.s. to attack other nations? when i was growing up the in the fifties we were secure in the fact that the u.s. would never and i mean never use its might to attack a lesser nation unless our soverenty was threatened, at least that was what we were taught in school, we were the good guys, we wore white hats.

andy

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 11-19-2005 05:47 PM

palosights
so true................so true!;)

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 11-19-2005 06:03 PM

palosheights wrote: when has it become politically correct for the u.s. to attack other nations? when i was growing up the in the fifties we were secure in the fact that the u.s. would never and i mean never use its might to attack a lesser nation unless our soverenty was threatened, at least that was what we were taught in school, we were the good guys, we wore white hats.

andy
Nor did we openly torture, or use chemical weapons. We at least believed our selves to be moral and good, and were repulsed by the very things we now willingly do - some with prideful vengeance - like this administration, and it's supporters. Our country is under Satanic influences.

Paladin
Banned

Post by Paladin » 11-19-2005 07:09 PM

mudwoman wrote: Our country is under Satanic influences.

Whoa!

I think we have found the liberal Pat Roberston!

Tell us more of these 'Satanic influences.'
"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 11-19-2005 07:48 PM

I would love to reply to this post in Mudwoman's name, but I dare not do it.... I simply dare not do it...
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 11-19-2005 08:33 PM

joequinn wrote: I would love to reply to this post in Mudwoman's name, but I dare not do it.... I simply dare not do it...
Oh Joe, please do. I am in the grips of a headache, and behind on my bench work to boot. So please feel free to post in my stead, and I'll go back to my chain making. :D

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 11-19-2005 11:04 PM

joequinn wrote: I would love to reply to this post in Mudwoman's name, but I dare not do it.... I simply dare not do it...

Yes JQ, I would love to hear your take on this :)

Jon-Marcus
Pirate

Post by Jon-Marcus » 11-20-2005 08:39 AM

Paladin wrote: Whoa!

I ain't Mudwoman. I ain't JQ. I'm just a yankee cajun whos getting a bit annoyed.
Paladin, I defended you, at risk to myself, in another thread.
Sence then, your posts seem to be becoming a tad ... antagonistic.
If you want my advice, it would be; throttle back a bit. If you don't want my advice, then ignore this.
At any rate,as dear old dad would say; "Son, you're on your own."
Last edited by Jon-Marcus on 11-20-2005 08:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"You have forgotten the face of your father." Roland Deschain

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 11-20-2005 10:34 AM

at least when i grew up i knew right from wrong and these times in the u.s. and the govt there is something definitely wrong - it's like fish, if it goes bad it smells and something really smells to high heaven in washdc.

andy

Post by Guest » 11-20-2005 11:50 AM

Paladin wrote: Whoa!

Food for thought.......Most can agree Saddam Hussein is/was evil no one that gases his own people can be good.Why would evil fight evil it seems pointless I have delivered goods to many military ports of call airports /docks and have talked to the men and women there they a good people and seem to be leave in there mission

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 11-22-2005 10:00 PM

Bush´s Sr & Jr/Carlyle involved with VX Gas in Iraq

November 20, 2005 -- update.gif (1754 bytes)More on U.S. VX nerve gas shipments to Iraq in 1988 and 89. Former members of a military intelligence team deployed to Iraq at the outset of the Iraq invasion referred to their job as a "janitorial operation for the first President Bush and Carlyle." They were referring to the war profiteering firm, on whose international board George H. W. Bush sits and which was headed by Frank Carlucci, the Defense Secretary (and Princeton roommate of Donald Rumsfeld, who was Reagan´s special envoy to Saddam Hussein in 1984) who served as the head of the Pentagon when the shipments to Iraq of VX nerve gas, other weapons of mass destruction, and conventional weapons were first authorized by the Reagan administration in 1988. The military intelligence personnel claimed that at the time, Carlyle was among the largest exporters of such weapons by the United States and that bills of lading and other documents presented to them at the Bilad weapons depot in Iraq point to pass through companies affiliated with Carlyle being involved in the shipments to Iraq. The evidence is contained in digital photographs and videos taken of canisters and documents by the U.S. military team and which are now in the secured possession of the 223rd Military Intelligence Battalion in San Francisco.

The VX weapons were found in retrofitted high explosive single stage, solid welding aerial bombs that had been cut in half by Iraqi engineers and had installed as a second stage a compartment from which parachute-borne VX weapons would be dropped and explode at a pre-set height. The weapons were to be used against Iranian troops. The confirmation of the source of the munitions came from the head of munitions for the Iraqi Air Force. The Iraqi source said the bombs had been kept purposely hidden from the UN weapons inspectors and the retrofitting process was carefully guarded by the Mukhabarat. U.S. military intelligence teams found 29 such bombs at Bilad. The bills of lading provided by the Iraqis showed that the materials were shipped from the United States through trading companies in France and Spain. The word "Carlyle" was recalled from some of the documents, according to a U.S. military intelligence source. The FBI is aware of the evidence of U.S. chemical-biological weapons sales to Iraq but has not taken any action against those involved.

Ed. Note: Carlyle is making some intimidating legal noise about printing a retraction or correction of this item. The only correction in this update is that the previous "Al Qaa Qaa weapons depot" should have read "Bilad weapons depot." Fat chance Carlyle! Discovery is a wonderful legal process!

The Bush 2 administration´s main priority at Bilad was to have the incriminating evidence of binary VX nerve gas from the United States removed. A British special operations hazardous material team removed the canisters with U.S. serial numbers. Although the Bush 2 administration highlighted documents presented by the Saddam Hussein government to the United Nations showing the sale of weapons and other embargoed equipment by French, Soviet (and Russian), German, and Yugoslavian firms to Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war and after, it quickly classified the documents pointing to the sale of U.S. and British weapons (including WMDs) to the Saddam Hussein regime. A military intelligence report on the incident at Bilad, which is just south of Camp Anaconda, was sent to Joint Task Force 7 in Baghdad and has been suppressed.

Carlucci.jpg (2235 bytes) Bush2.jpg (4258 bytes) rummysaddam.jpg (2359 bytes)

The providers of the weapons of mass destruction to Saddam revealed by smoking gun documents found at Bilad weapons depot (left to right): Rumsfeld college roomie, SecDef, and Carlyle head Carlucci; Poppy Bush; and Donald Rumsfeld, special envoy to Saddam

U.S. intelligence sources report that George H. W. Bush, while Vice President under Reagan, lobbied strenuously to get WMDs to Saddam Hussein.

The CIA, according to U.S. military intelligence agents, never considered the U.S.-supplied VX nerve gas to be a WMD after Desert Storm. Their reasoning was that because of its binary nature it had a shelf life and oxidization rendered it harmless after the outbreak of Desert Storm. In reality, the U.S. military sources said the CIA´s admission that Iraq possessed harmless VX was a way for it to protect itself and its former deputy director Carlucci while admitting to the fact that the Bush administration had, in fact, supplied the deadly agent to Saddam Hussein. The CIA´s main mission in the 1990s was regime change and Saddam´s alleged possession of WMDs was merely a causa sina qua non for continued hostilities, overt and covert. A British colonel who was the head of the special operations team that removed the VX weapons from Bilad said his detection kit registered a positive reading.

U.S. military intelligence personnel also report that some of the incriminating evidence of U.S. WMD weapons transfers to Saddam Hussein may be lying at the bottom of Lake Tharthar, an artificial lake that is the site of Saddam´s most opulent palace -- the Green Palace.

tharthar.jpg (6852 bytes)

The Green Palace and Lake Tharthar: evidence of U.S. collusion in providing WMDs to Iraq lies at its bottom

Hmmmmm. wonder ....I just wonder if?

Return to “Iraq”