How can we get S@H on C2C?

Seti Team Art Bell

Moderator: Super Moderators

Numanoid
Pirate

How can we get S@H on C2C?

Post by Numanoid » 11-30-2006 05:18 PM

Despite my June 1 2006 start date listed in my profile, I'd been crunching classic SETI much earlier. I originally heard about it on Coast to Coast and it got me started, of course, I joined Team Art Bell.

When I got back into it this year, I emailed Art and asked him if he was aware of the status of the project. I got a one line reply that said something along the lines of "I'm no longer involved in that."

Regardless, has anyone here attempted to get some more publicity to S@H (or distributed computing in general) by suggesting it as a topic for the show? I'd obviously prefer Art to host it, but George would do as well.

I'd love to have Eric Korpella on the air discussing the current status and the advances made in S@H as well as distributed computing as a whole. I also wouldn't mind picking up a few power users in TAB to move us up in the ranks a little! ;)

SetiCruncher
Pirate

Post by SetiCruncher » 11-30-2006 07:03 PM

You could try E-mailing George and Lisa through the coast-to-coast a.m. contact page. They are pretty open to listener suggestions.

You've already got Art's reply.

Or you try calling in George's Friday Night's Open Lines and plug the project while suggesting a guest or two live on the air.

Just some idea's.
Veritas, Aequitas, Fides

Numanoid
Pirate

Post by Numanoid » 11-30-2006 07:49 PM

Well, I emailed the coast producer with the suggestion of Eric or the creators of BOINC to discuss Seti@Home or distributed computing in general.

Honestly, I think that this topic is perfect for the show and would be a welcome change to much of what I have been listening to. I also think that we can get some more interested listeners turned onto distributed computing.

I think the sheer number of work completed (in years) is worth investigating. It's really mind boggling how much work is being done by distributed computing, even if you just narrow it down to TAB.

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 11-30-2006 07:50 PM

I've called in several times and one time I was on the air with George for about 11 minutes or so.

George has interviewed David Anderson from S@H twice. I'd love to see him do the show again. Or anyone from S@H at Berkeley.

Good idea. Call in Friday and talk to George about it. He's pretty open to suggestions about possible guests and topics.

Mark

TABwebmaster
Boatswain

Post by TABwebmaster » 11-30-2006 07:52 PM

Numanoid
Pirate

Post by Numanoid » 11-30-2006 08:24 PM

Fantastic. I had no idea George knew about this. I'll be sure to listen to that clip!

I also emailed Art with a more complete plea to devote some time of his show to it as well.

Return to “Team Art Bell”