digging out of the latest Seti outage

Seti Team Art Bell

Moderator: Super Moderators

Pam Heinze
Pirate

digging out of the latest Seti outage

Post by Pam Heinze » 05-19-2007 02:26 PM

I hope you are all well and if you've been reading the forums over at Seti, hopefully you are getting your rigs back on track.

Since I use optimized apps, I had to deploy this workaround to get work:

Stop BOINC

rename app_info.xml to something else, I just did app_infoold.xml

Restart BOINC
update Seti
allow everything to download

once it starts crunching again, stop BOINC
rename app_infoold.xml back to app_info.xml

Just in case, look around in your projects folder and make sure the standard app didn't get downloaded too. This happened on one of my Linux rigs, but not the other. I deleted it and it hasn't come back yet, since I renamed the app info back.

When you restart BOINC, then you should be crunching away with your optimized app.

This didn't work for me where I was using 64 bit BOINC. Seti doesn't recognize that platform and so I had to switch back to 32 bit BOINC so I could get work. Hopefully they will have all the server problems with anonymous platform fixed before my cache runs out again.

Most people recommend making a backup of your BOINC folder, just in case everything goes wrong, so take care. I didn't have problems with this, but you never know.

Happy Crunching,

Pam
I wish I had my radio,
I'd tune it to some friendly voices....

Pam Heinze
Pirate

Post by Pam Heinze » 05-27-2007 04:52 PM

Things seem back to normal. The problem with app_info.xml was some kind of breakage of the anonymous platform with a new version of BOINC that was installed on the new server. They fixed it and the work units are pouring in with out any fiddling around.:cool:
I wish I had my radio,
I'd tune it to some friendly voices....

Return to “Team Art Bell”