Is Ascension Coming?

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Westward Ho
Pirate

Is Ascension Coming?

Post by Westward Ho » 04-23-2005 02:13 PM

"Ascension" seems to be the New Age answer to the Rapture crowd.

David Wilcox is a C2C adherent to the Ascension dogma.

Ascension has been around for decades, back in the early 80's when I was exploring beyond my traditional religious roots, the local New Age book store was full of such channeled materials about how earth was moving from 3 dimensional reality to what they call 4 dimensional reality. I never "got" what 4 dimensional reality was, per se. But it seemed that anyone lowly enough to resonate at 3rd dimensional level (and this is the common grubby non-spiritual ego level that we see manifested obsessively on network TV) would perish when the earth transforms itself form 3 to 4th dimensional reality.

There will be harvest at that time of human souls. Those (as noted above) who do not pass the 4-D litmus test (I picture a doorway like at the airport where they check you for concealed weapons) will leave their bodies and have to chill until a nother 3-D location in the universe is prepared for them....heaven has many mansions, y'know.

In summary, those who are in the "Service to Self" modality (ego centered on me, me, me) will not pass the test.

Those who are of a spiritual nature, known as polarized to the LIGHT and LOVE, or what is called "Service to Others" will be at a 4 dimensional level and transcend to a new spic n span earth without George Bush, corporations, hip hop music, etc.

Now, what I find interesting is that most of the Rapturists I have met are very much "Service to Self" folk. I have talked to some who actually salivate at the vision of being safe while watching the rest of us heathens squirm in torment, being burned alive! Yeah, nice people! Jesus kind of people, eh?

What is supposed to usher in this big event, which by the way, is coincidentally around 2011 or 2012, is the arrival of the Photon Belt. No, this is not a fashion accessory, but a part of space that will merge with the earth and transform it.

If you go to C2C and click on Dave Wilcox website, you can read all about it.

I find it all interesting in an intellectual manner, but don't need to pine my hopes or fears (fear is a biggie for some folks, they go out of their way looking for future things to be afraid of) on some wild story.

Nonetheless, does anyone else have any views on all this?

In the New Age circles, I can imagine people talking "Oh, that is so 3-D! (insult) "I'm in a 4-D state of mind today, baby!"
"I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face." Rodney Dangerfield

Pennylane005
Pirate

Post by Pennylane005 » 04-23-2005 02:41 PM

Westward Ho,

I love your posts! Your take on things is so gentle and compassionate. And most of all, thought provoking.

There’s this image in my mind of the rapture. It goes like this. There’s a “weird news” story from some small farming community in the Midwest, about a man who has gone missing. Nobody can figure out what happened. He was known as a most kind and religious person, walking-the walk of Christianity. His family found a heap of his clothing, his glasses and his dentures but no further clues as to what happened to him.

That’s all. Maybe one kind soul good enough to deserve the reward of rapture.

There was a local story a few years ago from the Hopi Indians, who said a UFO would come down and take all the good people to a better world.

It is difficult to admit that there are ultimately no saviors, only ourselves. We must take the responsibility to evolve. There is nowhere to turn except inward.

If humanity is lucky, more and more of us will come to understand the dual nature of our existence. Our behavior will begin to reflect a deeper, more universal understanding of the energies at work in our world. We will become more connected to those energies and to each other and our planet will be a better place for it. It will take as long as it takes.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-23-2005 02:54 PM

I think you have a very good point there Westward Ho.

"Ascension" Could it be just a spin off'.. I think so.

Long ago I spent alot of time learning about different religions' none of them really worked for me..

Plus I don't trust any of them.. They are all kinda made up from this and that.. Some so fear based.
The reward and punishment systems.
They were never a real turn on.

But there is some good in the teachings of the christ consciousness' and others beliefs systems..
to love one another is a good start.
When I say love, this is what I think about that.

Respect for others that show good common sense.
Sharing yourself, as in support for others.
Caring about others feelings.
Honoring the good in people and life in general.
Caring enough about earthly problems to be solved for the goodwill of all who have arrived on the planet..
Protecting mother earths resources, clean water, air.
The atmosphere' should be a main concern.

Plants, animals' most all life forms.. Some need to be dealt with.. Like bad viruses, poisons, and the like.

And telling the truth, as you know it..
I would think' that is all good common sense.
..and I vote for that..

Let history be what it is.. history.

There is much good to be found in people.
Sometimes we do have to look for it, that is if you have the time.
HA'

The herd protects the herd..
But I wouldn't always trust the herds leaders...

They don't know the way any better then you might.

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 04-23-2005 02:58 PM

Pennylane005'
"If humanity is lucky, more and more of us will come to understand the dual nature of our existence. Our behavior will begin to reflect a deeper, more universal understanding of the energies at work in our world. We will become more connected to those energies and to each other and our planet will be a better place for it. It will take as long as it takes."

:) Yes' .. I think so..

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-23-2005 03:06 PM

If, indeed the "raised vibes" of the solar system DO occur, WE also have the raised frequency, IMHO.
However I have overdosed on so much newage hooey.(However) If it is possible, we should "make it so"; as it could not be any worse than the pluff mud Humanity is sinking into.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 04-23-2005 03:10 PM

Whats even worse than the self service crowd are the ones who want full service:D
Good read WH. Something to think about. I too feel something is coming up and wonder if the new mergence in 2012 (or so) is a part of it.

We all wait for saviors and yet I believe each of us has a piece of hope within us that is needed to advance us all. We need each other. To think otherwise is foolish. I like the term Ascension. Not in a I'm better than you sense, but that we can collectively move beyond this life of hate and injustice.:) :cool:
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 04-23-2005 03:11 PM

daboodaddy wrote: If, indeed the "raised vibes" of the solar system DO occur, WE also have the raised frequency, IMHO.
However I have overdosed on so much newage hooey.(However) If it is possible, we should "make it so"; as it could not be any worse than the pluff mud Humanity is sinking into.

LMAO:D

I like playing in the mud...people pay good money to have it rubbed on them...the full service crowd;)

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-23-2005 03:19 PM

No insult intended, Vigo. But face the devolution and dumbing down of the Species "Human". ;) ;)
A "Daboodaddyism"

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 04-23-2005 04:08 PM

daboodaddy wrote: No insult intended, Vigo. But face the devolution and dumbing down of the Species "Human". ;) ;)

I got the vibe and I relate to your comment. I agree, lots of hooey out there. I like to hear and learn but like you I tend to filter out the ones that make my eyelids go shut...zzzzzzz.:D Thank you for your sensitivity daboodaddy. May we evolve into the more merciful ascended benevolent beings that the creator invisioned:p :D

Westward Ho
Pirate

Post by Westward Ho » 04-23-2005 04:50 PM

There was a news story a few years ago. Silly me! I thought it was real, but I believe it was a satircal piece from the ONION newspaper (which always makes up stories to lampoon someone or some group).

In the story, a young man and his Rapture obsessed girl friend were driving down a freeway somewhere in the midwest. Suddenly, the young woman started yelling "The Rapture! It is here, it is here!"

Before the young man could find out what was prompting her or stop her, she opened the large sun roof of the car and pulled herself out onto the roof of the car. Then he heard her scream "Take me, Lord. I'm a com'n!" And she leapt into the air!

Horrified, the young man watched as she fell off the car and was hit by oncoming traffic and bounced through the air by several cars before being bounced to the side of the road, dead.

Later, police determined that the young woman had seen figures floating up into the sky along the side of the road, and assumed it was the Rapture. A young male figure with long hair and a beard had his arms outstretched, as if in blessing.

In reality, the young man was making a delivery to a dirty book store of various adult "toys", including a box load of life size female "dolls" filled with helium. These cuties were in the back of his pickup truck. Due to the high wind that day, the box was openned and the "ladies" began to float up into the sky! He stopped the truck and in anguish raised his arms into the sky yelling "Come back, you easy pieces! You cost me $25.95 a piece!" Police surmise that the young woman thought this was Jesus blessing his flock as they floated into heaven.

I guess it says something about my sense of intellectual challenge in the Rapturist crowd that I truly believed this was a true story when I first heard it. If you think I am being too harsh towards such people, turn on the DAYSTAR Christian network! They seem to feature such folk quite a bit. Last week one night I flipped over and someone was standing next to the bones of a large dinasaur and proclaiming that man and dinasaur both roamed the garden of Eden together about 6000 years ago. He also told the listener that all science is satanic and lies. I found that a bit much for someone who was speaking via the technology of a modern satellite feed to cable stations across the country!

:rolleyes:
Last edited by Westward Ho on 04-23-2005 04:53 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face." Rodney Dangerfield

dotcosm
Pirate

Post by dotcosm » 04-23-2005 07:57 PM

WH, the HBO series "Six Feet Under" used that theme in one of their shows -- I think it's an "urban legend".

Have you read up on what Jay Weidner has talked/written about with regards to the cross at Hendaye?

His hypothesis is also that there is some grand cosmic event coming that involves some sort of ascension, and he also pegs it at around 2012.

And here I thought we were already beginning into the Tribulation, and yet it is still some seven years away.

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 04-23-2005 10:27 PM

"Tribulation" may be in the mind of the believer.Who really knows?. So far, as I can see reality (religions) has been founded on lies, and a deity who feasts on our pain and suffering. Please do not be offended, as I am not offended by your beliefs. They just "are".
A "Daboodaddyism"

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 04-25-2005 06:33 AM

Every year on August 15.
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 05-05-2005 03:46 PM

Actually I think we are in a continuous process of Ascension. I also think that it is in in the natural order of this "procession", to contain periods of what seems to be disaster and chaos, all working, non the less, for the continuous Ascension of the whole of Creation its self.

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”