Multiverse Theory From a 13 Year Old Perspective

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Multiverse Theory From a 13 Year Old Perspective

Post by Shimmering Auro » 03-09-2007 01:27 PM

Just sharing a bit of interesting stuff my 13 year old son came up with, out of the blue.

His view of how the Big Bang originated ties in with the multiverse theory. The boy says, "What if there are multiple universes? Suppose an enormous black hole absorbed enough matter from another universe to the point of explosion?"

I readily, and shamelessly admit the child has a better grasp of all things theoretical than *I* do.

My question is this, is his theory plausible?

A balloon was used as an analogy. A balloon can only stretch so far before it explodes. I am looking for information to refute his theory.

A 13 year old young man searching for the secrets of our universe. When I look at this child and see the sparkle in his eye, his thirst for knowledge and understanding, my faith in our next generation is renewed.

Any thoughts from those who know far more about this subject?

Thanks!

Shimmering Aurora
Last edited by Shimmering Auro on 03-09-2007 01:30 PM, edited 1 time in total.

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Re: Multiverse Theory From a 13 Year Old Perspective

Post by vigo » 03-09-2007 04:40 PM

Shimmering Auro wrote: Just sharing a bit of interesting stuff my 13 year old son came up with, out of the blue.

His view of how the Big Bang originated ties in with the multiverse theory. The boy says, "What if there are multiple universes? Suppose an enormous black hole absorbed enough matter from another universe to the point of explosion?"

I readily, and shamelessly admit the child has a better grasp of all things theoretical than *I* do.

My question is this, is his theory plausible?

A balloon was used as an analogy. A balloon can only stretch so far before it explodes. I am looking for information to refute his theory.

A 13 year old young man searching for the secrets of our universe. When I look at this child and see the sparkle in his eye, his thirst for knowledge and understanding, my faith in our next generation is renewed.

Any thoughts from those who know far more about this subject?

Thanks!

Shimmering Aurora

:eek: Cool kid. Glad to see that there is some hope for our future generation of scientists. Most kids his age are parroting the latest Youtube or my space videos.

Out of the mouth of babes...:cool:

Face it Shimmering Aurora, we have become the old fuddy duds of the past.:D J.K.

I will join you in this quest for truth!

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 03-09-2007 05:10 PM

Thank you Vigo. :)

Been digging around just a little and found some information about this theory.

The Multiverse theory for the universe has been a recently accepted theory that describes the continuous formation of universes through the collapse of giant stars and the formation of black holes. With each of these black holes there is a new point of singularity and a new possible universe.

more here...
http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/Project ... cosmo/Sean's%20mutliverse.html

BTW, I put this on the wrong deck. Whoops!:cool:

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-09-2007 05:12 PM

Great post, thanks for sharing. I sent your question to Dr. Michio Kaku, he always answers my emails so it should be interesting to see what he has to say, I will post it when I hear from him.

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 03-09-2007 05:17 PM

Thank you Shirleypal! I gave some thought to e-mailing Dr. Kaku also.

Looking forward to Dr. Kaku's opinion on the subject.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 03-09-2007 05:27 PM

Shimmering Auro wrote: Thank you Shirleypal! I gave some thought to e-mailing Dr. Kaku also.

Looking forward to Dr. Kaku's opinion on the subject.

He is so cool Shimmering Auro, I have all of his books and when I had questions and emailed him not only did he answer me but went into wonderful detail, he truly wants the layman to understand and takes the time to make sure we do.

Dominic
Pirate

Post by Dominic » 03-09-2007 10:58 PM

I guess thats how some people think time travel is possible by going through a black hole. It makes sense in that all that matter going into the black hole has to end up somewhere. The kid is right to think that such a concentration of matter would pop like a balloon. The black hole is just a hole and there is an OTHERSIDE! The fabric of space is like a balloon made of kevlar. All the matter gathers by accretion and gravity until it concentrates into an area small enough to puncture SPACE and poke a hole into it. Its kind of like trying to see what is inside an inflated balloon by punching it with your fist. Usually a pin or needle works best because the force is greater when concentrated against a small area. Black holes is where universes intersect.:p

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 03-21-2007 01:36 AM

Years ago I had a quick disscussion with Dr Kaku. I asked him can black holes colide.
His answer was:
"Black Holes can merge, grow, colide, and boom, massive gamma ray bursters that release fantastic amounts of energies. "

From my studies Andromeda has a supermassive black hole at its core, it is estimated Andromeda will colide with the milkyway in 4 billion years, causing chaos, super novas, black holes, and possible the two supermassive black holes, the one at the center of our galexy, and Andromeda. They my colide, earth may survive, what will man have evolved into, if man is not extinct. It looks like man not only needs to become intersteller to survive, but intergalactiic, maybe interuniversal.

If a black hole stops feeding, in time it will die, this was hawkings theory, which with the discovery of Hawking radiation, it looks like it is true. Black Holes do not become static. Dr Hawking has also helped me years ago, with the help of his assistant, but it took him months to adress my inquiry.

i met Dr Ed Teller years ago at Stanford. He is what led me to researching massive energies. But Dr Teller hinted I would be better off as a concert pianist. the radio I did show on WABC in New York, was from the Hoover institute at Stanford. I belive Teller was the head of that until he died.
Last edited by USSGoblin on 03-21-2007 01:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 03-23-2007 12:28 AM

Interesting info you got from Dr. Kaku Raymond.....how are you...nice to see you hear young man.......:)

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 03-23-2007 12:32 AM

Raymond just looked at your site..........you have been busy...great site............I cannot believe you are 14 already......oh my you are getting old......hehehe ...take care Kathy;)

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”