Across the Sands of Time

Moving toward Type One civilization...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Across the Sands of Time

Post by Linnea » 01-10-2004 02:17 PM

The ancestors of the Anasazi came to Angel Canyon at least 10,000 years ago. A thousand years ago, they had become a peaceful farming society that could turn its attention to studying the stars, building observatories, creating beautiful art, and spreading their culture across the Southwest.

The Anasazi culture built its capital city at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico. Society soon became centralized as political/religious leaders asserted themselves and took control, building roads to outlying colonies and trade routes to other civilizations, in particular the Toltecs of Mexico.

Then, about 800 years ago, the economy began to collapse. The land had been overworked and when a drought set in, the leaders at Chaco Canyon became more tyrannical. The small, still-peaceful communities like those at Angel Canyon found themselves suddenly victims of the ruling classes. They moved their homes into caves high in the cliff walls and prepared to defend themselves.

To add to the woes of the Anasazi, there is evidence of bands of roaming Toltec outlaws invading their small communities, terrorizing the people, then murdering them and - one of the most shocking recent discoveries - eating them.

Rather than fighting back, the Anasazi people responded with a mass exodus. Over a period of just a few years, around 1350, they just walked away from the troubles that had beset them. They abandoned their ancestral lands and migrated south, eventually building a new culture and religion that we know as the Hopi. (The Hopi reject the name Anasazi which is a Navajo word meaning "enemy of my ancestors," and prefer to call them the Hisatsinom, or Old Ones.) link

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
Sounds disturbingly familiar -
Where can we go?

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

nore questions than answers...

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-10-2004 03:50 PM

Interesting parallels, Linnea. Where's my walking shoes? Where should we walk to? Where is far enough, what cliffs are high enough to escape a NWO? Mars and the moon are starting to look better and better. Oh and will mad cow cause us to revert to cannibalism?

jeri sexton
Pirate

Post by jeri sexton » 01-10-2004 05:30 PM

Even in there troubled times they stayed united as a people, lived together and lived with peace..

What the story tells me, when another group came along a ruling group that brought only harm, instead of fighting til the end, they moved on..

We have no free land to move on too..

And with the politics that divide us, we are no longer united as a people...
We the people will be conquered, why, because we fight the wrong enemy.

mudwoman
Pirate

Post by mudwoman » 01-10-2004 07:12 PM

jeri sexton wrote: Even in there troubled times they stayed united as a people, lived together and lived with peace..

What the story tells me, when another group came along a ruling group that brought only harm, instead of fighting til the end, they moved on..

We have no free land to move on too..

And with the politics that divide us, we are no longer united as a people...
We the people will be conquered, why, because we fight the wrong enemy.
Very well stated my friend. You are a wise woman.

revisedcode
DREAD PIRATE

Post by revisedcode » 01-10-2004 08:21 PM

This story is strength, the power of the poeple to flourlish and and survive, the bond that can be sacred if adapted in groups.

Create your own village, surround your self with like minds even...
Bonding together with simple principles and basic goals, sharing love and consicious energy, moving towards enlightenment, GODMAKING, look within the power is there, its YOU. I AM YOU, YOU ARE ME. :)

Ya see maties, we get to...cuz we have the POWER...

Revisedcode :D

Lovely story Linnea :D
In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!

Bonaparte

LisaA
Pirate

Post by LisaA » 01-11-2004 12:20 AM

I respectfully and humbly want to ask you, who said this--who knows that much about the Anasazi? What sorts of evidence gave so much detail to the story? I've always heard that nobody knows.

So, although I could be way off the mark, I'm venturing that somebody embellished...kind of like those quatrains that are supposed to look like Nostradamus or Shakespeare.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

Return to “Awakening of global consciousness”