FAUX GNUS sticks BOTH feet and an ELBOW in their mouths!

Alternate news source. Reporters-at-large

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

FAUX GNUS sticks BOTH feet and an ELBOW in their mouths!

Post by Iris » 07-08-2005 05:05 AM

Get a load of this racist, imperialist attitude! A Fox News reporter, talking about the terrorist who bombed London today said:
That these people are, if necessary, prepared to spill Arab blood in addition to the blood of regular -- of nonarab people living in London.

Brit Hume's first thought was that the attacks would be a great investment opportunity. No kidding!

And last, but not least, there's Fox anchor Brian Kilmeade talking about how awesome it wasthat London got bombed:
And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened.

No doubt, he was referring to the G8 Summit meeting (in which the world leaders were miles away, sequestered inside a building). This incredibly stupid choice of words has to come from Fox News personnel's incredibly stupid viewpoint, in eyeing events like this as political and business opportunities, rather than as the human tragedies they really are! :rolleyes:
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 07-08-2005 06:22 AM

I mentioned that to Sandy yesterday when I watching them yesterday morning. I was flipping channels when I landed on Fox and they were reporting on the terrorism. The comments were ridiculous.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-08-2005 10:55 AM

Crazy remarks - of course taking them out of the entire context of what was being discussed prior to and therafter - makes them even worse.

That they should not have stated things in the manner they did - I totally agree. From what I recall this was in the middle of discussing G8 and how the conference was discussing "other" matters - global warming and aid to Africa - instead of how to deal with terrorism and terrorists.

They both should apologize for what they said and how it came across to the public.

Return to “Alt News Blog”