Julian Assange: Modern day hero, or unaccountable knave?

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 09-14-2010 02:31 PM

Yeah, you were right. Thank goodness it's contained "over there". Or we'd be fighting it here in the Homeland.
“a CIA agent with a sniper rifle [should] rattle a bullet around [Assange’s] skull the next time he appears in public as a warning”.

:D
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 09-14-2010 02:41 PM

Well, "failure to telephone" still isn't a crime over here yet...though I'm sure they're working on it. :D

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 09-14-2010 11:49 PM

Yeah, in fact we have the opposite... "The National Do Not Call Registry". Assange should come to the states, and date only those on the registry.

Oh, except for the "bullets rattling around in his head" faction over here. If there is any overlap, he probably shouldn't date any Tea Party girls on the registry.

Let's make a Venn diagram, and leak it! LOL
Last edited by SquidInk on 09-14-2010 11:51 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-23-2010 09:46 AM

At 5pm EST Friday 22nd October 2010 WikiLeaks released the largest classified military leak in history. The 391,832 reports ('The Iraq War Logs'), document the war and occupation in Iraq, from 1st January 2004 to 31st December 2009 (except for the months of May 2004 and March 2009) as told by soldiers in the United States Army. Each is a 'SIGACT' or Significant Action in the war. They detail events as seen and heard by the US military troops on the ground in Iraq and are the first real glimpse into the secret history of the war that the United States government has been privy to throughout.

The reports detail 109,032 deaths in Iraq, comprised of 66,081 'civilians'; 23,984 'enemy' (those labeled as insurgents); 15,196 'host nation' (Iraqi government forces) and 3,771 'friendly' (coalition forces). The majority of the deaths (66,000, over 60%) of these are civilian deaths.That is 31 civilians dying every day during the six year period. For comparison, the 'Afghan War Diaries', previously released by WikiLeaks, covering the same period, detail the deaths of some 20,000 people. Iraq during the same period, was five times as lethal with equivallent population size. - source

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p80YyLNEV5s (3:25-3:35)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/datablo ... deaths-map

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNNVnjA-YPA

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/10/22/wikileaks.editing/

Tragic.
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-23-2010 10:14 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 10-23-2010 11:08 AM

Wiki of the Damned
"....this broadcast examines an intelligence connected mind control cult with which WikiLeaks kingpin Julian Assange appears to be affiiated. As well connected as it is ruthless and criminal, the Santiniketan Park Association of Anne Hamilton-Byrne conditioned children with drugs, sensory deprivation, sleep deprivation, torture and ritual sexual abuse in order to produce subjects who bent to the will of the group’s leader.... Possessing considerable wealth, in control of its own psychiatric hospital, composed largely of well-heeled professional people, utilized as an experimentation center by one of Australia’s leading Catholic psychologists, linked to the Australian minister over seeing that country’s intelligence service, the “Family” as they like to be called, used these connections to escape the punishment that would certainly have followed their activities. Available evidence suggests that the group is an intelligence front"
http://spitfirelist.com/for-the-record/ ... he-damned/

Audio link: http://wfmu.org/listen.m3u?show=37748&archive=64292

Wikifreaks - “Eat.Pray.Leak”
"It may just be a coincidence that this strange man who is allegedly blowing the world’s intel secrets up had interactions with a mind control cult, that “coincidentally” has connections to the Australian elite and intelligence service"
http://psychedelicdungeon.wordpress.com ... pray-leak/
Last edited by Janus232 on 10-23-2010 11:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.
.... Techno Tribal Positively Primal
Shamanic Anarchistic Archaic Revival....

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-23-2010 12:59 PM

I have pretty much kept my opinions to myself regarding these "leaks" but is he going to take responsibility for the deaths that are going to happen based on these leaks ? Will he take responsibility for any attack that may happen in the US because of these leaks ? I did not support the Iraq war, but we had Iraqi's helping us over there that are now in danger. More of our soldiers are in danger. I don't see how this guy is anymore than a terrorist. What he has done is no different that pulling a trigger on a gun.

Janus, interesting links going to check them out.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-23-2010 01:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-23-2010 02:16 PM

Right.

Much better to stand back and let the military slaughter 100,000 people, in an illegal & undeclared war, without any culpability whatsoever.

Yeah, exposing those who killed with presumed impunity in Iraq, and all of their accomplices in theater is "terrorism" of the highest order. I couldn't agree more.

Live by the sword...

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 10-23-2010 02:17 PM

Wikileaks Press Conference 23-10-10 (London)

1/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt45WKXTxTw
2/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LtBUUZGt-k
3/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNwzov1WJz0
4/4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUhk8qwEGo

"Most wars that are started by democracies involve lying..... democracies don't start wars unless there are lies" JPA

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-23-2010 02:32 PM

SquidInk wrote: Right.

Much better to stand back and let the military slaughter 100,000 people, in an illegal & undeclared war, without any culpability whatsoever.

Yeah, exposing those who killed with presumed impunity in Iraq, and all of their accomplices in theater is "terrorism" of the highest order. I couldn't agree more.

Live by the sword...
Squidink, I have worked hard to end this war since it started. Please tell me what this is going to do to stop the war, and hold anyone accountable ? I see that it will cause more death. I have at least 5 people that are close friends and family over there. I don't agree that this is going to do anything but more damage.

We should have held Bush, Cheney and everyone that voted for this war accountable everyone last one of them. But we didn't, so now who is going to get punished by this, not those responsible the same people that got sent to bogus war and the same people in Iraq that didn't ask for the invasion.

Anyhow thats my opinion, now I am back to keeping them to myself.
Last edited by SETIsLady on 10-23-2010 02:37 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-23-2010 02:42 PM

I appreciate your opinion.

These document "dumps" will bring to light the fact that governments are incapable of honesty, and maybe people will think twice about supporting the next "war" as they supported - and continue to support - these current "wars". At least we can begin a discussion in that direction.

WikiLeaks is far from perfect, but it's better than nothing. It should have been the American & British people who demanded accountability, but neither were up to the task.
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-23-2010 02:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 10-23-2010 02:44 PM

SquidInk wrote: It will bring to light the fact that governments are incapable of honesty, and people will think twice about supporting the next "war" they supported - and continue to support - these current "wars".
And there will be more collateral damage in the process, that is my point.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-23-2010 02:45 PM

Understood. You're using the vernacular of the military industrial machine, so you can see how completely the psychological war at home has been lost.
SETIsLady wrote: ... the same people that got sent to bogus war...

They volunteered... every one. Sad but true.
Last edited by SquidInk on 10-23-2010 02:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Janus232
Ship's Shaman

Post by Janus232 » 10-23-2010 03:17 PM

Daniel Ellsberg talks about Wikileaks Sept 2010
"Maybe more charges are in my future"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgab5u9JEjk

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 10-23-2010 09:35 PM

I guess the money we have spent, which is enough to build more than 10,000 $100,000,000 factories or projects that might create jobs for the poor SOBs fighting this cluster, the lies that were told to get there, and the way we have conducted this war shouldn't be made public? What we probably should do is kill every man woman and child....... and this for a country where not a single Afghani has ever attacked anybody in the US. Not one of the 9-11 people was Afghani. How about the BS about the donkey riders with no electricity becoming nuclear scientists and swimming their donkeys across the ocean?

This is worse than Viet Nam, truly.:mad:

As for the soldiers being indangered that's alot of media and Pentagon malarky. I haven't read one bit of planning details, nor future mission reports. This is just history of how the war was conducted. God, as a vet, it makes me so focking proud...NOT.

Is this a great a great recruiting tool for Islamic terror groups? You bet it is. Great job GWB and Obama.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-25-2010 10:08 AM

SETIsLady wrote: Please tell me what this is going to do...

Well, among other things it may result in many situations like this:
Chinese dissident plan their own WikiLeaks
(TibetanReview.net, Oct24, 2010)

A group of Chinese dissidents is to launch its own version of the whistle-blowing website WikiLeaks with the aim to expose central government secrets and promote democracy, reported the South China Morning Post (Hong Kong) Oct 22. They aim to launch "Government Leaks" on Jun 1 next year and are calling on people to upload confidential government information to their database, the report said.

The website’s founder, nicknamed "Deep Throat", has said, “by making government secrets open we can promote democracy in China. This is a fight against the dictatorship, and to return the right to information to the people. I believe it will advance China's political reform."

A team of professionals, including journalists, editors, lawyers and hackers, have been put together to help defend the website against possible cyberattacks.

The founders of WikiLeaks are said to include some Chinese dissidents, and it has recently launched a Chinese language version. However, the Chinese WikiLeaks has so far not published any sensitive information on the Beijing government.- source

We like the idea of thwarting the Chinese "dictatorship" right? We like the concept of liberating Tibet, don't we? The Chinese people understand that it's governments' ability to operate in secret that gives them undo leverage over a population. Why can't we understand that?

Why is it we can all agree when the Chinese government utilizes a complex array of secret keeping organizations and techniques it's a form of dictatorship, but when the US does it, it's just another noble function of the worlds greatest democracy in action? And how has it come to pass that to question such secrecy, or expose it, is an act of terrorism in the eyes of many?

Return to “Media Watch”