Carrie Fisher- Debbie Reynolds

News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Carrie Fisher- Debbie Reynolds

Post by Doka » 12-29-2016 09:50 AM

Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, both gone, Wow! I grew up with Debbie and the "Tammy" movies.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttack.html
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: Carrie Fisher- Debbie Reynolds

Post by kbot » 12-29-2016 05:38 PM

I hear ya Doka. On CNN tonite, the last words in an interview was that on reaching the pearly gates, Debbie would be met by Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor and they'd go off singing "Good morning, good morning!!!!!!!" being followed by her daughter Carrie.

My thought is that this is due to broken heart syndrome......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-29-2016 05:59 PM

I got my hair cut today and not one out of 8 girls knew who Debbie Reynolds was. I do believe that I have some how slipped into the land of irrelevancy. If one lives long enough, I would suppose We end up there sooner or later. I Would have preferred "later"! :?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 12-29-2016 07:11 PM

What a tragedy! I know how I would be if one of my children were to pass away. It has to be the worst thing that can happen to a parent.

Debbie Reynolds was an exceptional actress. She will be missed.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 04:47 AM

Doka wrote:I got my hair cut today and not one out of 8 girls knew who Debbie Reynolds was. I do believe that I have some how slipped into the land of irrelevancy. If one lives long enough, I would suppose We end up there sooner or later. I Would have preferred "later"! :?

:mrgreen: I hear ya Doka - I think I've moved into codger land myself, especially with my coworkers. I'll start talking about things and I can see people's eyes gloss over
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-30-2016 12:23 PM

kbot wrote:
Doka wrote:I got my hair cut today and not one out of 8 girls knew who Debbie Reynolds was. I do believe that I have some how slipped into the land of irrelevancy. If one lives long enough, I would suppose We end up there sooner or later. I Would have preferred "later"! :?

:mrgreen: I hear ya Doka - I think I've moved into codger land myself, especially with my coworkers. I'll start talking about things and I can see people's eyes gloss over

Mmmm? Now does that make me a "Codgerett" or is it gender neutral ? :confused: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 12-30-2016 03:26 PM

Doka wrote:
kbot wrote:

Mmmm? Now does that make me a "Codgerett" or is it gender neutral ? :confused: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:
Don't know, but I'm sure that there's gotta be some PC law out there somewhere addressing the question........

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 12-30-2016 04:56 PM

Fogie is gender neutral, I think? Fossil is another option

So is Senile Citizen. All more than kinda rude tho -

"Golden Ager" would be more complimentary!
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-03-2017 04:55 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Media Watch”