Media Hypnosis, Are You?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Media Hypnosis, Are You?

Post by Doka » 02-17-2013 07:31 PM

Are you under the spell of media hypnosis? Take this simple test and find out

I find this article very interesting. I have a family member who watches nothing but mainstream media. They seem to be totally out of touch, with what really is going in. I gave up saying anything, because they got so upset. I don't have TV as such, so I really don't know what mainstream media is saying. But if this article is any indication, it is very scary , indeed! :eek:

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039117_mass_ ... z2LClbz22y

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-18-2013 01:19 PM

Doka,

Ok I'm curious- you don't have TV as such?????????

Yeah you are right-those who watch the MSM have a very narrow scope of thouht - I only watch the MSM for car chases.
A man's character is his fate

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 02-18-2013 02:48 PM

I also chucked the TV, about 5 years ago.

The article is interesting, Doka, thanks!
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-18-2013 02:59 PM

Well Dio you would probably laugh at my chosen way of living. I have a TV, I only get 2 channels a movie channel and Fox. I watch "Bones", when it goes, I will probably just not watch anything. Just not much on "watching" TV. I am such an avid reader that it matters not. I am big on radio, some talk shows, some music. As you know, I'm on dial-up, not much interested moving up to anything else. Every thing in my life has become simple and stream-lined. I lack nothing and have become content in my old age. My health gives me problems and the word "chronic" has become my middle name relating to the word health. But I am blessed beyond measure. I also have had many lives in one, blessed in that also. I can also rattle on and on!:)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-18-2013 03:55 PM

Doka wrote: Well Dio you would probably laugh at my chosen way of living. I have a TV, I only get 2 channels a movie channel and Fox. I watch "Bones", when it goes, I will probably just not watch anything. Just not much on "watching" TV. I am such an avid reader that it matters not. I am big on radio, some talk shows, some music. As you know, I'm on dial-up, not much interested moving up to anything else. Every thing in my life has become simple and stream-lined. I lack nothing and have become content in my old age. My health gives me problems and the word "chronic" has become my middle name relating to the word health. But I am blessed beyond measure. I also have had many lives in one, blessed in that also. I can also rattle on and on!:)

Doka,

You sound like a fascinating woman to me - sorta kinda like Squid who simpliefies his life and of course he is a boy;)

Anyway it might sound nosey but I am curious how you reached this point - did you just have your fill of "stuff" and toys?

We have a small home in Palm Springs and my husband is always amused because I appear so much more free in PS and the reason is the house is small and less stuff and the maintenance on the garden is practically nothing so I don't have to hover as much inside and out.

Honestly I do get how you can get by on two channels - the dial up might give me trouble.

You lifestyle sounds very peaceful to me.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-18-2013 05:52 PM

I love my 42" HD TV and Satellite system that is all hooked up to my stereo. I am currently watching Downton Abby and I couldn't live without my Coronation Street. Been watching this English soap for 25 years. It's a matter of filtering out the crap and just enjoying the best TV has to offer, which is not much I have to agree.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-18-2013 06:03 PM

Yes it is scary!!!!!

I dont have to take any test TO KNOW I AM NOT!!!!!

Im thankfully WIDE AWAKE to whats really going on!

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-19-2013 10:58 AM

The indoctrination TV imparts is hard to break, and it will involve high emotion. You are taking away their teat and no one likes to stop suckling.

NaturalNews however is a site I don't really trust either. They just make me feel like they are on the same payroll as the other actors out there. Who knows, but I definitely take a bunch more grains of salt when I read their stuff.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 02-19-2013 07:05 PM

They are good guys FAN,much more so than any MSM site spewing crap! (Like snopes for example who says ASPERTAME is safe (Typical MSM disinformation))

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-19-2013 07:07 PM

Dude111 wrote: They are good guys FAN,much more so than any MSM site spewing crap! (Like snopes for example who says ASPERTAME is safe (Typical MSM disinformation))
Could be, but all sides in this game have propaganda...

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-20-2013 02:49 PM

SquidInk wrote: I also chucked the TV, about 5 years ago.

The article is interesting, Doka, thanks!

YOU TOO?????????

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-20-2013 02:51 PM

Raggedyann wrote: I love my 42" HD TV and Satellite system that is all hooked up to my stereo. I am currently watching Downton Abby and I couldn't live without my Coronation Street. Been watching this English soap for 25 years. It's a matter of filtering out the crap and just enjoying the best TV has to offer, which is not much I have to agree.

So Coronation Street is a British soap? I love the name.

I never got on the Downtown Abby bus and I am hearing it's wonderful and worth a watch. So well done.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-20-2013 03:37 PM

Diogenes wrote: YOU TOO?????????
I don't mean this as demeaning to anyone here, just an observation, but many people who want to discuss things on forums, to really understand and share and try to learn together are off the TV drug. Those who aren't tend to be confined to one or two shows, and unfortunately they still make bad decisions when it comes to things like prescription drugs and diapers. :borg:

I have not had a TV connection of any sort for many many years, 10 at least. I do have a TV and I watch some TV shows, but I don't see ads, I watch what I want when I want (mostly netflix), and I would never ever watch the news or read a newspaper. I can't even glance at newspaper headlines or I need to rant for half an hour.

It is a tough life, but someone has to do it.

Instead for instance, last night I played guitar all night. I am a (newer) chef and I spend many hours at night experimenting or inventing food items. I spend time with my soulmate and cats. I read. I play video games occasionally if I need to turn my brain off (no I don't play FPS heh). Yes, sometimes I even go on the internet although I work on it all day so I try not to.

TV is good for nothing, and I would not feel any pain at all if it did not exist. I would probably get back into theatre. Maybe I will anyways just to spite the media channels.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-20-2013 07:29 PM

Fan wrote: TV is good for nothing, and I would not feel any pain at all if it did not exist. I would probably get back into theatre. Maybe I will anyways just to spite the media channels.

When I was a kid in England we got our first TV in the 50's. Folks over there had no central heating, or fridges, or toasters, or many other modern amenities but by God they had TV as soon as it was invented. After the first few months my Dad grew to hate it. When he came home from work he would immediately turned it off. Much tension between he and my Mom because she loved it. After we moved to Canada he would not allow a TV in the house and that lasted for a few years until Mom bought one after colour TV came out.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-21-2013 02:35 AM

Fan wrote: I don't mean this as demeaning to anyone here, just an observation, but many people who want to discuss things on forums, to really understand and share and try to learn together are off the TV drug. Those who aren't tend to be confined to one or two shows, and unfortunately they still make bad decisions when it comes to things like prescription drugs and diapers. :borg:

I have not had a TV connection of any sort for many many years, 10 at least. I do have a TV and I watch some TV shows, but I don't see ads, I watch what I want when I want (mostly netflix), and I would never ever watch the news or read a newspaper. I can't even glance at newspaper headlines or I need to rant for half an hour.

It is a tough life, but someone has to do it.

Instead for instance, last night I played guitar all night. I am a (newer) chef and I spend many hours at night experimenting or inventing food items. I spend time with my soulmate and cats. I read. I play video games occasionally if I need to turn my brain off (no I don't play FPS heh). Yes, sometimes I even go on the internet although I work on it all day so I try not to.

TV is good for nothing, and I would not feel any pain at all if it did not exist. I would probably get back into theatre. Maybe I will anyways just to spite the media channels.

I have a PVR (DVR in the U.S.) so I can record the shows I want to watch and delete the commercials. I used to watch the news channels a lot but not so much anymore because like you, I want to throw things at my TV. About the only news show I watch now is Jon Stewart. At least I can have a laugh. I can't wean myself off Rachel Maddow though.

Other than painting, cooking is my next favourite thing to do. I whip things up a lot in the evenings. I have a 19 yr old Grandson living with me at the moment, so I am always creating dishes to fill up his hollow leg. Last night I made 'nine bean and sausage' soup.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 02-21-2013 05:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”