Alternative realities

Sustainable and renewable energy.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Alternative realities

Post by SquidInk » 07-17-2007 10:31 AM

Do you believe the System of Corporations we call a government actually wants you to achieve energy independence – or any other kind of independence? Think again. Like filthy pimps in the street, they have to keep the energy whores hooked on their junk. Stories like this one are popping up all over the states, in places as diverse as New Jersey and Arizona.

The Plutocracy is gearing up to FORBID the private ownership of water wheels, windmills, hydrogen generators, and the like. Sounds like a conspiracy doesn’t it? It is. It’s a conspiracy to rob you of another one of God’s gifts – wind. What should be done? Every person who is able should erect a turbine as soon as possible. I don’t care if it generates .5 watts a day. Do it. In a different time, people marched to the sea to make salt. Why? Because they would not be denied the tax-free right to a essential mineral.

Now, march out to your backyard, or clamber up to your roof, and erect a turbine. Let the windmills stand as clanking, whirring, spinning symbols of resistance. Let all your neighbors bitch and complain about the noise, let them turn up the volume so they don’t miss a syllable of Oprah’s latest book reviews. That rattling racket is the new sound of freedom.

I've built them out of spare parts. You can too. Don't let THEM monopolize the next generation of energy production like they did the last. If you have the money, buy one. There are always several for sale on line or around your town.

When the agents of the Plutocracy show up (with their despicable lawyers, armies of cops, make believe papers, and proclamations from their kings ) to knock it down, make sure you film these ridiculous fools and show the world their very rational fear of windmills.

As Mr. Mercurio said so well,” "People always say, 'Not in my backyard, not in my backyard,' " he said. "I want to flip it around. It should start in my backyard."

Here is the link… http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/07/11/ ... s/wind.php

And another of interest… http://www.otherpower.com/
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-17-2007 12:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-17-2007 11:53 AM

Actually, if you cut back on all non-essential electronic items, you can subsist on the amount of power in your car battery until you charge it again on your way to work and back the following day. Really! I spent 3 and a half years just goofing off and traveling about in an RV back in the late 90's and I found that a single charged heavy duty 12V vehicle battery supplied all the power I needed for a day. And, a second battery allowed for some unnecessary luxury items, such as a satellite receiver and 15" monitor to be used all evening.

Of course this wouldn't work during the winter months when running any furnace requiring a blower motor, but even that can be resolved in stationary homes by using geothermal and radiating heating systems. Building homes mostly under ground could further reduce heating energy requirements by using the earth as insulation. I've seen many such homes in northern Minnesota (about 2 feet of the structure is above ground, allowing for windows near the top of the walls. And the roofs are usually flat, allowing for a patio atop your home. Essentially, it's a home with a basement but no higher floors.

Ya know, the issue here on earth really isn't having enough and cheap energy, but rather it's this glutinous demand for more and more energy to power more and more earth destroying non-essential crap that is the issue. More cheap energy will only make matters far far worse because people will want more crap to plug into that energy, and it's all that crap which is destroying the planet. I mean, imagine if electricity were suddenly free tomorrow, think about how many people could afford iPods now. Think of how more polluted all the iPod manufacturing nations would be if that happened.

Think about this for a while. It's foolish wishful thinking that free or cheap energy is any kind of solution. Such a thing will only serve to future empower the consumption and destruction of earth. The solution is "what piece of unnecessary electronic crap can I chuck into the recycling barrel today?" Seriously, if that fire grid thang today were an event where every one tossed their boob tube televisions into the trash, THAT would have gone a long way to help the planet! Instead, they did nothing. And when I think about it, that event probably used energy and add to your woes.

Anyhow, sorry about the above act, ha, more power to ya all instead! if you know what I mean...

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-17-2007 12:02 PM

I agree. The flickering, flashing, and blipping of useless gadgets has become a common spectacle, and most people are forever mesmerized.

However, a certain amount of energy has become a sort of staple in our cowardly new world, and it's never a good omen when the Plutos commoditize more essentials. We lose every time.

The idea of "excavated dwellings" is an excellent one. That's a topic for another thread.
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-17-2007 12:09 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Divinorumus
Pirate

Post by Divinorumus » 07-17-2007 12:10 PM

Yup, it's kind of difficult to exist today without a computer, yet some electronics are actually beneficial to the environment, Many trees have been saved by replacing paper mail with email. But nobody needs needs a 60" home entertainment display. Or dish washer. Or . . .

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-17-2007 12:40 PM

Mass production/consumption routines (requiring huge amounts of energy) are directly responsible for a lot of today's problems. They create, by attacking people with manipulative advertising tactics, "markets" for cash crops (like iphones). Subsequently, around the world, people do without because all the production resources are mis-allocated by a few trans-global money changers who who stand to benefit. Nigeria and Mexico come to mind. These techniques are what need to be addressed.

For instance, Toyota will build hundreds of thousands of new cars this year as a speculative venture, in hopes of making tons of money. But there is really no market for that many autos, so they engage in marketing campaigns (psy-ops, by another name) to convince you of the need for a new car - when the one you have runs fine! Good cars are crushed everyday to be sent back to Japan to make more new cars! Pollution and destruction is the result of every step in the process.

We don't need to return to the stone age to address the problem. We need to allow our society to move to the next stage. Imagine a place where you could own as many houses/cars/etc. as you liked, provided you build them yourself. No mass market speculators like Centex. No housing "bubble". No unsold new homes.

Instead of selling your labor (at less than market value) to a businessman and performing abstract tasks like "sales" or "accounting", which have nothing to do with your own existence, your labor would directly benefit you. No middlemen. It's a dream, not reality. It will- I mean would require a total re-organization of everything.

Let it start with windmills. Gradually, you'll realize that you can do almost everything for yourself. Why buy stones for the yard at Home Depot? We live on a pile of stones! All home depot does is wrap them in throw-away packaging and SELL you a free, naturally occurring item. You don't have time? You would if you didn't spend ten hours a day earning fiat "money" because you've been fooled into thinking you need it to get the latest "stuff". Even in today's "High Tech" landscape, a modest windmill can meet the energy needs of the typical home - believe me.

Most importantly, by doing things for yourself (or at least participating in some sort of "micro-economic zone") instead of letting others do for you, and in conjunction with other forms of resistance, the Plutocracy will be defunded. This is the only way to break them down. They can't chop down your windmill if they can't afford an axe.
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-17-2007 02:57 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Energy Policy”