Alcohol fuel is 'liquid sunshine'

Sustainable and renewable energy.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-17-2008 04:54 PM

With alcohol fuel, you can become energy-independent, reverse global warming, and survive Peak Oil in style. Alcohol fuel is "liquid sunshine" and can't be controlled by transnational corporations. You can produce alcohol for less than $1 a gallon, using a wide variety of plants and waste products, from algae to stale donuts. It's a much better fuel than gasoline, and you can use it in your car, right now. You can even use alcohol to generate electricity. Alcohol fuel production is ecologically sustainable, revitalizes farms and communities, and creates huge new opportunities for small-scale businesses. Its byproducts are clean and valuable. Alcohol has a proud history and a vital future.

To learn more, watch the Five-Minute Video, read the Two-Minute Summary,
and check out our Alcohol Can Be a Gas! book and DVD.Watch video at link

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 07-21-2008 04:56 PM

Now that’s worth looking Into!
I ordered the book and DVD yesterday. Will be building a still as soon as it arrives. I’ll keep you posted.
All hear few listen

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-21-2008 05:26 PM

That's great badspell, please keep us updated.

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 08-04-2008 03:08 PM

Hi Shirley.. waiting for my book. I did get the application for an alcohol fuel producer but it has a few questions I am not able to answer. Such as kind of still ( charge , chamber , continuous still , or other. ) when I produced fuel y’all will be the first to know the pros and the cons.
All hear few listen

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 08-04-2008 07:43 PM

It certainly is...

badspell, send me a sample if it turns out well...:D :D :D
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 704D4P7 70 CH4NG3.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

badspell
Pirate

Post by badspell » 08-29-2008 02:34 PM

My book is here.... my book is here. Not to mention the DVD. I must admit, although very slow in reacting. They were extremely courteous with e-mail

This is the last.
updates.Dear william,

Thank you for your patience while we have proceeded through the third printing of Alcohol Can Be a Gas!, brought on by the recent media appearances I’ve done. At long last, the new printing will be leaving the bookbindery this week and will be in our warehouse a few days later. It will then take a few days to get the nearly one thousand pending orders packed up and out. They should start going out on September 9th.
Already, the responses to the radio shows have begun to cause change. So many people have applied for distillery permits in the last two months as a result of Alcohol Can Be a Gas! that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms has given up trying to process them!! They have been returning applications to our readers and telling them to reapply after they have built their distilleries!! We have actually turned Federal law on its head with our patriotic and democratic movement to make energy production the province of average people instead of MegaOilron. Obviously, if the Federal Government no longer requires you to get a permit and approval in advance, then no one can be busted for not getting a permit—because there’s nothing in the Federal code that says anything about how soon you have to apply for a permit after you have built your plant. If questioned by the ATF, your answer should be, “I dropped my permit application in the mail yesterday.” In essence, although the ATF would disagree, the need for a permit in advance to produce your own fuel appears not to be legally enforceable any longer.

There’s more. In the radio shows I recently did, which aired to more than 10 million people, I told people to start putting alcohol in their unmodified cars right now and eventually replace up to 50% of their gasoline. Gasoline sales almost immediately dipped, and, as a result, the oil companies have panicked and sent stories through the Petroleum Marketing Association to all fuel sellers telling them that they might be subject to fines if their stations permit customers to put E-85 in average everyday vehicles. But of course there’s no way that minimum-wage gas station employees are going to keep up telling customers that they can’t put E-85 in their cars. We have received email that at least one station made all employees sign declarations that they would stop people from using E-85 in unmodified vehicles, and one reader was actually told he couldn’t put E-85 in his tank. He was even told he couldn’t fill his gas cans with it. Of course, there are NO laws on the books to prevent people from using E-85 in their cars, whether they are flex-fuel or not. After all, you can buy Dry Gas, Fuel Injector Cleaner, and Octane Booster—products from the auto parts stores—all made essentially from alcohol. Buying alcohol at the pump is no different.
This is incredible. In a few weeks we have scared the stuffing out of MegaOilron with the prospect of Alcoholics Unanimous revolutionaries refusing to empty their wallets into oil company coffers! Just think, if only 30 million commuters, or 10 percent of America, stops buying gas it would mean cutting oil company income by $150 billion dollars per year (at $5 per gallon)—as much as they made in profit last year.

I know you have been excited by the prospects of what’s in the book. I appreciate your patience while we have tried to catch up with your demand for this information. Soon though, you’ll have your copy and you’ll be a card-carrying member of the ethanol revolution.

David Blume
Executive Director
International Institute for Ecological Agriculture
309 Cedar Street #127
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
http://www.permaculture.com

I have a bad feeling about the delay ( or sending back of permits )
:( something tells me hired money minds are working overtime.
All hear few listen

Return to “Energy Policy”