E-CAT Cold Fusion: good news & bad news

Sustainable and renewable energy.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

E-CAT Cold Fusion: good news & bad news

Post by SquidInk » 10-31-2011 11:06 PM

Against all the odds, Andrea Rossi's E-Cat cold fusion power plant passed its biggest test yesterday, producing an average of 470 kilowatts for more than five hours. (A technical glitch prevented it from achieving a megawatt as originally planned). The demonstration was monitored closely by engineers from Rossi's mysterious US customer, which was evidently satisfied and paid up.

[...]

The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel". This suggests that the mystery customer might be DARPA, the Pentagon's extreme science wing which, as Wired.co.uk has previously noted, has expressed interestin Rossi's work -- but which might not be quite ready to explain to its political masters why it spent millions on a cold fusion device. - source
So, I guess it'll be fission plants as usual for the useless eaters. Ah well...
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Re: E-CAT Cold Fusion: good news & bad news

Post by Fan » 11-01-2011 10:00 AM

SquidInk wrote: So, I guess it'll be fission plants as usual for the useless eaters. Ah well...
Why do you say that? Because it is military buying? Guess so, but the idea is out there now, and the design is quite simple from what I saw.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-01-2011 10:42 AM

Hopefully you are correct.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Energy Policy”