And my mind just wandered !

VOTING ISSUES, Citizen Activism, Petitions

Moderator: Super Moderators

spiritme
Pirate

And my mind just wandered !

Post by spiritme » 03-09-2006 05:09 PM

I was so in sink with the entire mess of this nation. I was suffering with the children who do not eat at night, let alone the day.
I was weakend by the thought of our young men and women who are fighting for what they do not even know!
I was staggered by the countless lies this administration has boldly put forth and my mind went wandering...
I thought if anyone cares....if anyone at the top or on the way down....forgot that they were in a unique posittion to do something for this nation.....who cares? we are or were the greatest nation on earth.....once upon a time!
I thought if just one person...just one had the insight to make a statement with action and let it happen...
make a difference with an action and let it spread like wildfire.....
I am I know asking for a miracle.
Congress...the senate.....while they are fighting amongst themselves pointing fingers and bantering back and forth like school children our nation is dying and my mind went wandering for that certain miracle that would save us all..............
Praying for that "knight in shining armor" who will step forward and say " this will be no more"
We have forgotton what we are supposed to be about and have become exactly what we do not want to be............the enemy.
The elderly....the infirmed.....the handicapped.......
Then there is the loss of jobs......and no jobs to replace them.......
people taking two and three jobs to make it....
people sleeping on the streets.....covered in newspapers to keep warm.......
and all the while we are spending billions to make war.....our country is impoverished and our people are in desperate need of a " knight in shining armor".....
I smiled as I pretended that someone cared......like a child I imagined and it was good.....
and then reality hit me like a two by four across the head......
there is no hero.......there is no hope........unless....yes unless someone has what it takes to put up the good fight and lead us into a " kinder ....gentler nation....
who was it that spoke those words? can you remember?
Will the real hero please step forward.....will you help us get back what we have lost.....what was taken from us so many years ago.....will you lead us to a better world.....? can you forget for one day the ego and let your sould shine thru?
Do you have a soul? Do you know what we have lost?
Do you care?
I will not go gently into the night!
A shot of truth with that there ale mate!

daboodaddy
Pirate

Post by daboodaddy » 03-09-2006 05:21 PM

:( :mad: Indeed! This is not the country I was born in. It is no longer recognizable to me as America the Beautiful. It has become America the Fascist, Bully, Tyrant.

It is heartbreaking.
Question EVERYTHING, even your OWN thoughts.
A "Daboodaddyism"

Return to “We the People”