Elections monitoring tomorrow

VOTING ISSUES, Citizen Activism, Petitions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Elections monitoring tomorrow

Post by Linnea » 11-07-2006 01:58 AM

Posted at Daily Kos:

Several sites will serve as clearinghouses for election issues tomorrow. http://www.protectourvotes.org/
is already on the robocall story. http://www.videothevote.org/ and
http://veekthevote.com/ are camera-ready. If you have a website, you can add a "Tell Your Voting Story" widget, a tool that makes reporting election shenanigans a snap.

Election incidents can also be reported to several national hotlines. Those reported to 1-866-OUR-VOTE will be catalogued in the Election Incident Reporting System (check out the incident map, which already reflects several incidents across the nation). Problems with voting machines can also be reported by calling 1-888-SAV-VOTE (1-888-728-8683). You can also report incidents through the DNC by calling 1-888-DEM VOTE or by filling out this online form.

Don't be shy. If you witness something at your polling place that seems off, report it. If your friends or family tell you about dirty tricks or suppression tactics, urge them to report it. Because this time around, we're not going to let them get away with anything.

Be prepared. Be vigilant. And let's do everything we can to ensure that no citizen is denied his or her right to vote.

Barbie
Pirate

Post by Barbie » 11-07-2006 02:55 AM

Absolutely!

IvyQ
Pirate

I voted!

Post by IvyQ » 11-07-2006 07:29 AM

Arrived 15 minutes before the polls opened for easy in and easy out, 5th in line. Walked out at 6:10am with around 50 people behind me.

Paper ballots! No picketers out and about that early, but I suspect from years past that there will be later on in the morning.

Very dense fog this morning that may deter early voting in Gladstone, MO.

SilentBlue
Pirate

Post by SilentBlue » 11-07-2006 07:51 AM

Voted at 6:30 AM, very steady voter traffic, much more than I expected, paper ballots, nice weather this morning in southeast Virginia.

Four verification booths inside poll, in my line I was cataloged as number 51, polls opened at 6 AM..

Only one person outside polls asking for people to vote for a specific candidate, It wasn't the person who I was voting for, so I told them to bite me..:cool:
Tounge Tied & Twisted Just An EarthBound Misfit "I"

Neamhain
Pirate

Post by Neamhain » 11-07-2006 08:16 AM

In @ 6 AM before work. :cool: Lots of early birds but I was in and out quickly. Love those old time machines with the crusty curtains and squeaky levers. My favorite party on the ballot in my area was the "Rent Is Too High" party. :D My district is boring. To break up the monotony, I voted on all different lines for the candidates I chose.
Cuimhnich air na daoine o

Nemo me impune lacesset

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 11-07-2006 09:31 AM

Voted at about 7 am. Light line. Shocked to see that we now are electronoic with no paper trial. The vote was simple.

One wierd thing the screens were to set up well. My wife and I voted together (yes mrs not sam) we were at screens next to eachother I finished just be for her as I was walking out I could not help but see her screen. She was at teh confirm screen. I could clearly see every one she voted for at a glance (and I did not want to).

Spam
Life is short drink good coffee.

cherry
Pirate

Post by cherry » 11-07-2006 10:00 AM

Block walked hundreds of fliers on Sunday for the Democrats
in a GOTV (get-out-the-vote) precinct.

Return to “We the People”