Rise of Repressive Government

VOTING ISSUES, Citizen Activism, Petitions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Riddick
Pirate

MEANWHILE, BACK ON CAMPUS

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2017 10:43 PM

I tellya, what makes sense is what the Trump opposition is doing

Hey, who doesn't like riots! Students need peace of mind, KWIM?

They know the way to combat repression is with more repression -

Ban conservatives: Help keep American colleges safe from reality.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: Rise of Repressive Government

Post by Raggedyann » 02-09-2017 10:59 PM

Trump's making a big lying show of keeping his Muslim ban promise to his base. He knew this would never fly, that's why he put it together in a sloppy way and implemented it over night. After the Supreme Court refuses to lift the suspension, he can whine to his base that it's all the "so-called judges" fault, blah, blah, blah. The biggest con yet, but stay tuned there's more of the art of the con to come.

I listened to the Trump lawyer try to make a case for the ban. That was laughable and pathetic and I'm no expert on understanding legal lingo.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 02-10-2017 03:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-10-2017 08:39 AM

People have to die , preferably in mass 1st, then it will be enacted. Sad deal. :(
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Re: MEANWHILE, BACK ON CAMPUS

Post by Doka » 02-10-2017 09:12 AM

Riddick wrote:I tellya, what makes sense is what the Trump opposition is doing

---------------------------------------------------

There was a lady Democrat on a talk show last night, wish I could remember her name? Any way she was sane and concerned, that the Dems are no longer capable of governing, they just have become the party of "Protest", and they surely have that down well! I'm waiting for someone to tell me one positive thing that "Protest Marching" has accomplished " for the good of all the people"

Ya , Ya it's their Right to do so! It is also my Right to climb on the roof and jump off, but, is it prudent? :?:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Re: MEANWHILE, BACK ON CAMPUS

Post by kbot » 02-10-2017 09:26 AM

Doka wrote:
Riddick wrote:I tellya, what makes sense is what the Trump opposition is doing

---------------------------------------------------

There was a lady Democrat on a talk show last night, wish I could remember her name? Any way she was sane and concerned, that the Dems are no longer capable of governing, they just have become the party of "Protest", and they surely have that down well! I'm waiting for someone to tell me one positive thing that "Protest Marching" has accomplished " for the good of all the people"

Ya , Ya it's their Right to do so! It is also my Right to climb on the roof and jump off, but, is it prudent? :?:
I saw that as well, but also can't recall her name - I was switching channels back and forth. I think though, that the Democrats have either deliberately or by result of their losses nationally and locally, don't have much choice - they cannot sustain enough votes, unless they win over enough members of the GOP to their side. But many GOP members are also up for re-election and will most likely not want to work with the Democrats when they can be seen as adding value to the GOP agenda, especially no Obamacare AND they can present a better plan, which even Obama said he'd support. With some other issues though, depending no how they're presented, the Democrats may be able to present a public face by way of protests blanketing the evening news channels that they will hope will sway public opinion. I don't see too many other options open to them
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-10-2017 11:46 AM

With the Propaganda fed Media in control of the Federal Government, it is difficult to think what will happen next. Rule of Law and the Constitution being ground to useless dust. Where we go from here is any bodies guess. Many, appear to to be running on emotional garbage to seal their own fate. The rest of us can only watch in horror as we are swept along with current flow.

February 10, 2017
A legal analysis of the Ninth Circuit's dangerous usurpation of presidential power
By Ed Straker

Quote:

What we have here is a creeping constitutional coup. As long as President Obama was in charge and had a massive open door policy at our borders and at our airports, in violation of statutory law, the judiciary was content to be silent. But when Donald Trump became president and tried to use the powers of the Presidency to put some national security safeguards into place, the judiciary sprung into action. The judiciary has usurped the executive branch's powers and has created a parallel constitution, one that bears no relation to the founding document of our nation. The courts have now cited this parallel constitution to justify taking away the ultimate decision making authority concerning national security from the Presidency, to rest in their hands. The constitutional crisis and injury to our national security caused by this illegitimate decision cannot be overstated.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... power.html
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

Fist Face

Post by Riddick » 02-10-2017 11:51 AM

kbot wrote:the Democrats may be able to present a public face by way of protests blanketing the evening news channels that they will hope will sway public opinion. I don't see too many other options open to them
How about punching people in the face? That's a REAL attention grabber! Not to mention forceful opinion swayer.

What's great is, you needn't be an alleged academic: formal education or no, it won't carry any less of an impact.

Of course, to leave a lasting impression use brass knuckles. Any case the gloves are off! May the best beast win
Doka wrote:I'm waiting for someone to tell me one positive thing that "Protest Marching" has accomplished " for the good of all the people"

Depends on the jumper: Are they alone, or is someone there they disagree with within smacking distance?

When, where or how, you send folks a message, it doesn't matter if it's prudent as long as it's pugilistic! KWIM?
Last edited by Riddick on 02-10-2017 11:56 AM, edited 1 time in total.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-10-2017 11:53 AM

Doka wrote:With the Propaganda fed Media in control of the Federal Government, it is difficult to think what will happen next. Rule of Law and the Constitution being ground to useless dust. Where we go from here is any bodies guess. Many, appear to to be running on emotional garbage to seal their own fate. The rest of us can only watch in horror as we are swept along with current flow.

February 10, 2017
A legal analysis of the Ninth Circuit's dangerous usurpation of presidential power
By Ed Straker

Quote:

What we have here is a creeping constitutional coup. As long as President Obama was in charge and had a massive open door policy at our borders and at our airports, in violation of statutory law, the judiciary was content to be silent. But when Donald Trump became president and tried to use the powers of the Presidency to put some national security safeguards into place, the judiciary sprung into action. The judiciary has usurped the executive branch's powers and has created a parallel constitution, one that bears no relation to the founding document of our nation. The courts have now cited this parallel constitution to justify taking away the ultimate decision making authority concerning national security from the Presidency, to rest in their hands. The constitutional crisis and injury to our national security caused by this illegitimate decision cannot be overstated.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... power.html
I think, too, that when the opposition party sees something such as this that they disagree on, that they need to be consistent in their opposition. Goes for both sides. Else, when disagreement does arise, as with this case, and it reach the level of the courts, then people will as why it wasn't fought before....??
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-10-2017 04:03 PM

Doka wrote:People have to die , preferably in mass 1st, then it will be enacted. Sad deal. :(
Hey, check out the list of all the mass killings in recent history. Funny, I noticed that practically all of them were carried out by homegrown Americans. Contrary to what you are being spoon fed, these are the facts!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... -s-history
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-10-2017 05:17 PM

Watch Germany and France closely...............It is your Future :shock:

Notice that they Are TTP nations.
KARMA RULES

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-10-2017 05:32 PM

Doka wrote:Watch Germany and France closely...............It is your Future :shock:

Notice that they Are TTP nations.
:roll:

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-10-2017 09:02 PM

I have to wonder, did these people figure this out for themselves or did somebody have to draw them a picture...... :mrgreen: .....

Ninth Circuit Court Now Demands It Be Protected From Itself…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... om-itself/
KARMA RULES

Riddick
Pirate

'Act In Haste, Repent At Leisure'

Post by Riddick » 02-10-2017 10:47 PM

Doka wrote:I have to wonder, did these people figure this out for themselves or did somebody have to draw them a picture...... :mrgreen: .....

Looks to me like it's Karma for the 9th Circuit engaging in Yogi Berra-ism. They made too many wrong mistakes

That's the trouble w/ knee-jerk decisions

It takes a while for the brain to catch up

-Donald Trump Image

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: 'Act In Haste, Repent At Leisure'

Post by Raggedyann » 02-11-2017 01:18 AM

Riddick wrote:
Doka wrote:I have to wonder, did these people figure this out for themselves or did somebody have to draw them a picture...... :mrgreen: .....

Looks to me like it's Karma for the 9th Circuit engaging in Yogi Berra-ism. They made too many wrong mistakes

That's the trouble w/ knee-jerk decisions

It takes a while for the brain to catch up
Your judicial system just might save you from yourselves.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-11-2017 02:03 AM

How Canada is trying to capitalize on Trump’s immigration executive order

SAN FRANCISCO — Vancouver long has sought a share of Silicon Valley’s magic. With President Trump moving to curb immigration and the U.S. tech industry in open revolt, the friendly, functional Canadian city may finally get its wish.

Tech companies that keep satellite offices in Vancouver, just a two-hour flight from San Francisco, are exploring whether to move more jobs over the border. Immigration lawyers are reporting a steep uptick in inquiries. And a start-up is offering to smooth the way, for $6,000 a person, for foreign-born tech workers worried their U.S. visas may disappear.

“The global implications are dire,” said Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson of the unrest in the United States. “But it may result in more workers coming to Vancouver to be part of the boom here in a city that welcomes immigrants with open arms.”

More:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 3e6eb9dc51

Gary, with a high school diploma says "Refugees are taking our jobs"
Neurosurgeon from Syria says "Gary, I don't want your job".

Return to “We the People”